You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby

murphy

It is the 22 games now for Roy without a win away from home, which indicates there is something FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH THE WAY HE SETS UP THE TEAM.

I mean, you'd expect with a team like Fulham that they'd be able to get the odd away win against stragglers, and Liverpool should be competing and expecting to win every game (expecting!), but the fact that he has nothing from 22 games with these two teams means that his tactics are shite and DON'T WORK.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the 22 games now for Roy without a win away from home, which indicates there is something FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH THE WAY HE SETS UP THE TEAM.

Most people would come to that conclusion but Roy lives in his 'feted manager' 'coveted' '35 years' fantasy. The media admiration does seem to have inflated his ego and Blackburn is erased from his memory.

I am so angry I couldn't even speak for a few hours. How dare he. How dare anyone insult us and our club the way he is.

Believe me I've been in this place before. 2002/03 with Houllier to be precise. We were in the middle of a huge winless streak and had just drawn 1-1 with Villa at home. Houllier was asked on MOTD what needs to be done to change things, and he just sighed and said something like "we need to seek solace in the song, that talks about walking through the storm". I went schiz at the TV because it was then I realised he was fresh out of ideas. Weeks later we lost 2-1 at Birmingham (fighting against relegation at the time) with a performance of quite staggering ineptitude and lack of application, and I though the players were thinking the same as me. I was monumentally pissed off after that.

Kindly Roy...

Chippy and defensive after the game, he ended his press conference in a sharp exchange with a journalist from Scandinavia who questioned the lack of supply to Torres.

'Are you from Denmark?' Hodgson asked (he considers the Danish press too negative).

'No, Norway,' replied the visitor. 'Ah, two countries I never want to work in again,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321356/Martin-Samuel-Now-says-Liverpool-lot-relegated.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz12euHai2U

3 balls into him 3 shots on goal from Torres. Give the lad the ball he'll deliver . Trouble is were light in support weak in the middle poor on both flanks and crap at the back . When you stick the Greek up as your biggest threat then you know your in trouble .

I'm not talking about previous records though, Zippy, i'm just talking about general values and principles. If you give someone a 3 year contract and their first 3 months are really bad, I don't think it's the right thing to do to sack him.

BUT - I can totally understand the reasons why people want him gone and if he's sacked, I certainly won't shed any tears. I'm looking at it from the boards perspective I suppose, not necessarily my own.

So if it was a year-long deal, then sacking him is ok?

3-year contract has nothing to do with it.

NESV did not give him the 3 year deal.

And on that note, surely a one year rolling contract would have been enough. Perhaps with a automatic extentsion based on a certain league position (top 6, say).

We still have a big problem at the club, in that Purslow is not a football man, and should not be making any football-related decision. Least of all the most important one, which is our choice of manager.

At least Parry had that part nailed.

Finally, I'm not judging Roy on results purely. I'm really not. And I think many are with me on this.

The performances are shocking (on and off the pitch may I add); he's clearly losing the plot under the immesnse strain of the job he's been given; and for those reasons, he has to go.

People who think it's a knee jerk reaction or that we need to give Hodgson a chance (I find it hard to believe there's anyone out there) need to realize it's not just results. It's his fucking attitude. It's one thing playing shite tactics that leave our star striker out in the wilderness where people are now challenging his attitude. I mean threads are being created about him supposedly fighting with Carragher yet despite 40,000 people in attendance no one can confirm they actually saw this exchange. I mean who else here can say that being put in that same position they wouldn't behave the way he does in frustration? Yes it's an honour to play for Liverpool and put on the red shirt but give me a break. Torres is reacting exactly the way we are. Because Hodgson is disrespecting every player, every fan and the club with his behaviour.

Forget the tactics. I expected the result so that didn't upset me. What did piss me off is seeing him smiling and grinning like a mong at Moyes. Like a 'mission accomplished' kind of way. I didn't make much of the comments that someone who is so chummy with Ferguson shouldn't be at this club but I'm starting to have my doubts. The man is clueless. Utterly clueless. If he'd just shown up at the post match today admitting we needed work, were playing badly and it's terrible that we couldn't take advantage of Everton who were missing key players... it would have been acceptable. But to brush aside these straight up facts, be deluded in thinking this is the standard that we are expected to play at and it's good, not understanding why we lost, and refusing to take any part in the blame but instead blaming the players? A manager is there to protect his players. He's fucked up with Agger, refused to protect Torres against Ferguson's comments and is now blaming a team which he claims to have inherited but let's not forget he brought in shite like Poulsen and Konchesky. I bet if the De Jong controversy happened at our club he would throw whichever player it happened to under the bus as well. I for one would not want to work with or for such a shitehawk no matter how much I loved the game. Our players will leave. And I will not blame them one bit because they deserve better. Their standard of talent deserves a better manager.

Spot on

Kindly Roy...

Chippy and defensive after the game, he ended his press conference in a sharp exchange with a journalist from Scandinavia who questioned the lack of supply to Torres.

'Are you from Denmark?' Hodgson asked (he considers the Danish press too negative).

'No, Norway,' replied the visitor. 'Ah, two countries I never want to work in again,' he said.

Read more: Martin Samuel: Now who says this Liverpool lot can't be relegated? | Mail Online

you might fucking have to Roy my man.

Woeful from a liverpool manager.

People who think it's a knee jerk reaction or that we need to give Hodgson a chance (I find it hard to believe there's anyone out there) need to realize it's not just results. It's his fucking attitude. It's one thing playing shite tactics that leave our star striker out in the wilderness where people are now challenging his attitude. I mean threads are being created about him supposedly fighting with Carragher yet despite 40,000 people in attendance no one can confirm they actually saw this exchange. I mean who else here can say that being put in that same position they wouldn't behave the way he does in frustration? Yes it's an honour to play for Liverpool and put on the red shirt but give me a break. Torres is reacting exactly the way we are. Because Hodgson is disrespecting every player, every fan and the club with his behaviour.

Forget the tactics. I expected the result so that didn't upset me. What did piss me off is seeing him smiling and grinning like a mong at Moyes. Like a 'mission accomplished' kind of way. I didn't make much of the comments that someone who is so chummy with Ferguson shouldn't be at this club but I'm starting to have my doubts. The man is clueless. Utterly clueless. If he'd just shown up at the post match today admitting we needed work, were playing badly and it's terrible that we couldn't take advantage of Everton who were missing key players... it would have been acceptable. But to brush aside these straight up facts, be deluded in thinking this is the standard that we are expected to play at and it's good, not understanding why we lost, and refusing to take any part in the blame but instead blaming the players? A manager is there to protect his players. He's fucked up with Agger, refused to protect Torres against Ferguson's comments and is now blaming a team which he claims to have inherited but let's not forget he brought in shite like Poulsen and Konchesky. I bet if the De Jong controversy happened at our club he would throw whichever player it happened to under the bus as well. I for one would not want to work with or for such a shitehawk no matter how much I loved the game. Our players will leave. And I will not blame them one bit because they deserve better. Their standard of talent deserves a better manager.

Spot on Sara. Top post that.