You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How do you like your Steak cooked?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Steak cooked?

Inspired by Lurtz, I thought I'd teach you how to make the perfect steak sandwich.

Inch thick quality steak. Smoking hot pan, start it fat side down to start rendering the fat then 90 seconds each side.

Make sure you rest it properly.

steak1.jpg

Nice and rare.

steak2.jpg

Onions, garlic and cherry toms.

steak3.jpg

Reheat the juice after it's rested.

steak4.jpg

Pour the juices on the bread. No waste.

steak5.jpg

Slice.

steak6.jpg

Colmans English Mustard. Nothing else is allowed.

steak7.jpg

Add onions, garlic and cherry toms.

steak8.jpg

Nom, nom, nom.

steak9o.jpg

If I was doing it on purpose I would have left the box out showing the peppercorns were Maldon too.

That would be overdoing it. You can't beat good peppercorns.

Definitely, no cheese.

Reminds me of when we were in the States...everything came with cheese...even saw a pastrami and rye sandwich smothered in melted cheese. Lets just ruin a classic and double the calorie value while you're at it

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I went to that Miller & Carter place (I think there's one at the Albert Dock) yesterday for my work Christmas dinner, had the fillet steak done medium rare & I have to say it was fucking lovely.

Not paying for it & the free pints of Peroni helped like.

My boss always points out when I get the fillet that the other cuts are bigger & I'm missing out, the incredibly stupid twat.

• Upvote 1

I went to that Miller & Carter place (I think there's one at the Albert Dock) yesterday for my work Christmas dinner, had the fillet steak done medium rare & I have to say it was fucking lovely.

Not paying for it & the free pints of Peroni helped like.

My boss always points out when I get the fillet that the other cuts are bigger & I'm missing out, the incredibly stupid twat.

She likes her meat big Mook. I bet she is measuring you up for size

• Upvote 1

I went to that Miller & Carter place (I think there's one at the Albert Dock) yesterday for my work Christmas dinner, had the fillet steak done medium rare & I have to say it was fucking lovely.

Not paying for it & the free pints of Peroni helped like.

My boss always points out when I get the fillet that the other cuts are bigger & I'm missing out, the incredibly stupid twat.

I went to one of them Aberdeen Angus steakhouses that are all over the west end in London once. Ordered the most expensive steak on the menu and these two tiny fillets of steak came out. Both no bigger than half a cumberland sausage. Cost me 26 quid just for the steak alone, had to pay extra for chips etc. Fella next to me had a t-bone steak, 6 quid cheaper and it covered his plate. Mine was far far better. 

• Upvote 1

Getting totally into Bavette steak at the minute it's cheaper than Fillet, Rump or Sirloin and far far tastier. 

I hadn't heard about it till I saw that Tory cunt Nigella using it on Saturday Kitchen the other week, well worth a try if you see it in a Supermarket.

• Upvote 1