You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How do you like your Steak cooked?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Steak cooked?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Wipe its arse and show it the kitchen.

(medium well, I just wanted to be like the rest of the hard guys that pretend to like their meat cold in the center)

EDIT: Fuck it, SKI got there first. Have a rep.

Ever been to steak night in Pogue Mahones on a Wednesday night?

It's only £4.95 and you get an 8oz steak (rump), with chips, onion rings, a tomato, mushrooms and peas. There's a choice of three sauces but the only one I'm interested in is peppercorn.

Can't beat that for value. And it isn't a terrible steak either.

The steak alone that I just cooked for myself was over double that price.

I like 'em bloody but with plenty of flavour on the outside. In shit restaurants where they don't know how to cook you need to order at least two levels below what you want as they'll burn the fuck out of it otherwise. The other problems with ordering steak in restaurants are that they don't usually have anything hot enough to cook them properly on and also the quality of the meat is shite, hasn't been hung for long enough and doesn't have enough fat on it.

The best steak I ever had was at this steak house in New York where I had a T-bone. They had these broilers specially for the steaks and the meat was melt in the mouth and absolutely packed with flavour. I didn't bother eating anything else served with it bar a tomato or two.

Best steak I've ever had was in a mansion style restaurant in Toronto. This is the website for it:

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar | Locations | ON - Mansion Keg

If you are ever in Toronto, go to it. It's amazing. It was the most expensive steak I've had to fork out for, but it was worth every dollar.

The Canadians generally cook it like the French. I asked for a medium rare in one place and it was what I would call rare.

I know a nice italian restaurant in yorkshire where i the owner threw a bloke and his wife out because they insisted on having their steak well done. Too right as well. No point spending good money on first rate cow if some retard is going to have it cooked to leather and then complain it was shite.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
More medium than rare but rarer than medium rare. So rare medium rare I suppose.

Those who like it cooked well might as well not eat steak. What a waste!

If we're going down that very specific road, I'm going with rarer than medium well, but not quiet medium.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Blue for me. I have this lovely restaurant near me that does a 48oz steak for £20 it would be a crime against beef to grill it down to 40oz by going medium on it.

I've had some great steaks, I agree with Paul they do know how to treat and cook a steak right in the US. Steaks are always over done in the UK which is why I get rare.

Best I've had though was a AAAAA Sirlion in a restaurant in Tokyo. Only small but perfect in every way. I had to re-evaluate every steak I'd eaten to that point down by at least 2 out of 10.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Otherwise known as overcooked.

Such bullshit. Those who eat raw flesh love to act like something that's just over medium is 'overcooked', it isn't. It's still undercooked. Just less undercooked than raw jellified bollocks they have.

I like might just a hair over this:

steak_medium.jpg

Overcooked my arse!

Guest ShoePiss
Best steak I've ever had was in a mansion style restaurant in Toronto. This is the website for it:

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar | Locations | ON - Mansion Keg

If you are ever in Toronto, go to it. It's amazing. It was the most expensive steak I've had to fork out for, but it was worth every dollar.

The Canadians generally cook it like the French. I asked for a medium rare in one place and it was what I would call rare.

The best steak doesn't come from Northern Ireland? Why I'm shocked!

The older I get the less time the steak spends in the pan. I probably cook the best steak in the World though.

Same here. As a young buck I liked my steak cremated, but the older I get, the less I like it doing. Currently on rare, and I imagine that as I come to draw my pension I'll just be chewing the cow's back as I stick my cock up its arse to hold it still.