You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

I distrust Ayres as much as I do Gillett and Hicks. He's the one who was crowing about "the worst is over" when the protests first started, and he was the one who declared himself to be "one of us" when all he ever does is set up the latest scheme to push more and more people away from going to the game. He's a cunt.

Don't get me wrong, I don't trust Purslow or Broughton either, the best thing we can do is wipe them all out of the club and start again, but Ayres is a Hicks patsy. The fact he has a place on the board causes me concern of monumental proportions.

I think Broughton is set on doing the job he was brought in for. Whether Gillett and Hicks can scupper him doing it is another matter.

As for Purslow and Ayres, I trust them to do what's best for themselves. And I can't see aligning themselves to the current owners being in their best interests. I'm certain both will have spoken to any potential owners and cut a deal for their vote against Twit & Twat.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Broughton is set on doing the job he was brought in for. Whether Gillett and Hicks can scupper him doing it is another matter.

As for Purslow and Ayres, I trust them to do what's best for themselves. And I can't see aligning themselves to the current owners being in their best interests. I'm certain both will have spoken to any potential owners and cut a deal for their vote against Twit & Twat.

Considering both were appointed by G&H and Purslow is potentially closer to the owners than he tries to make out, I'm not sure I share your confidence here.

Mind you, all any new owner really would have to do is promise them to keep the current executive team in place I suppose.

Can always pay them off after the deal is done.

imho all we need from new owners is new ground built and then any profits from the extra revenue can be used to buy players. No harm for this season if we did get brought out giving Roy 50mill, we've been starved by the 2 tossers for long enough.

I'll tell you what... the revenue streams from China, if we got our meathooks into them would be unprecedented.

Couldn't agree more but isn't that what we want? I mean local investment from a true fan is sound but we want to compete right? I certainly don't want to be some Oligarch's latest hobby.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. That best case scenario I mentioned would more than do for me. I don't want Liverpool to be some fuck-off billionare's vanity project, I just want the club to be run in a sound, responsible manner with a few quid to go round every summer so I can start enjoying the bloody game again. Footy's been a massive part of my world since I was a tiny lad, and the last few years have carved a lot of the joy out of day to day life for me. I want the drama back where it belongs, on the fucking pitch. If that means these Chinese folk make a few bob on the side somewhere down the line, it won't bother me one bit.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. That best case scenario I mentioned would more than do for me. I don't want Liverpool to be some fuck-off billionare's vanity project, I just want the club to be run in a sound, responsible manner with a few quid to go round every summer so I can start enjoying the bloody game again. Footy's been a massive part of my world since I was a tiny lad, and the last few years have carved a lot of the joy out of day to day life for me. I want the drama back where it belongs, on the fucking pitch. If that means these Chinese folk make a few bob on the side somewhere down the line, it won't bother me one bit.

Again I totally agree.

I am very, very fucking sceptical of these faceless consortia. Just look at what happened to Portsmouth. Until we know who the people behind these groups are, and their intentions, I'm making no judgment as to whether this is a good or bad thing. Anything other than that is extreme foolishness, in my opinion.

Just caught this on Sky Sports News. Surely this is a stalling tactic by Gillett.

Nothing can ever be straightforward can it. They are implying the Kirdi deal is just about done, but I have my doubts, and agree it is just dear old George trying to up his price.

Just caught this on Sky Sports News. Surely this is a stalling tactic by Gillett.

Hocked family jewels sold through he media. The owners spinning, the buyers spinning, even Broughton making comments. So much about a quiet sale...

Whatever it is, it's got Dr. Sulamin Al Fahim written all over it.

"My rich mates will sort us out, innit."

Get to fuck with your faceless backers.

No it doesn't. There are plenty of details out there which suggest legitimacy.

Kirdi, on the other hand, is very obviously a 'Portsmouth' style buyer, engineered by Gillett. We WILL get relegated and probably go bust if he and his associates take the helm. That's a simple fact, and I believe it's something Gillett and Hicks would love to see as long as they come away with a few million each.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No it doesn't. There are plenty of details out there which suggest legitimacy.

Kirdi, on the other hand, is very obviously a 'Portsmouth' style buyer, engineered by Gillett. We WILL get relegated and probably go bust if he and his associates take the helm. That's a simple fact, and I believe it's something Gillett and Hicks would love to see as long as they come away with a few million each.

In what way is it a fact, mate?

If he's that bad a purchaser, the board won't entertain a sale and he won't pass the fit and proper owner test (or whatever the replacement for that is called). I don't know much about Kirdi, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Can you shine some light on the situation with him?

As f ar as I'm aware, he is backed by a very rich Saudi family.