You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp
I agree he should be sold. He' spent the past 2 seasons wanting to leave, so just let him go and take the 20+m. Use 9m of that on Scott Parker and thats a great deal. Use the rest on left backs. Parker would be ideal. He gives his all, and has nearly knocked himself out on occasions due to his bravery and no nonsense approach. He isnt reckeless though and thats the key to him being a good signing

I have always rated Parker. Think he's a cracking player. That said is he injury prone? Given I've fucked off Fox/Austar I only watched Liverpool the last eighteen months on the net (and so don't really bother catching up on what's happening with other teams/watching other teams' live games) so genuinely don't know.

I have always rated Parker. Think he's a cracking player. That said is he injury prone? Given I've fucked off Fox/Austar I only watched Liverpool the last eighteen months on the net (and so don't really bother catching up on what's happening with other teams/watching other teams' live games) so genuinely don't know.

He was West Hams player of the year last year, he was outstanding.

If Inter want Mascher I hope they know its 30 million minimum.

I reckon Rafa would have enough respect for us to not fuck us about and have mascher start acting the cunt.

But who knows.

Masch has been acting the cunt for a while now. He's doing this in full knowledge that there's a place waiting for him with Rafa.

As for respect. Rafa has no obligation to LFC anymore, so I wouldn't be expecting any respect when the bidding war for Masch starts.

Masch has been acting the cunt for a while now. He's doing this in full knowledge that there's a place waiting for him with Rafa.

As for respect. Rafa has no obligation to LFC anymore' date=' so I wouldn't be expecting any respect when the bidding war for Masch starts.[/quote']

Business is business, Moses is Moses. There's a good chance that this is one of those "sit tight" things, dragging on until late August, Mascherano eventually forcing the exit for an undisclosed amount. Then the speculation and blame game really begins...

I've never particularly rated Parker as anything more than a pretty good player. But last season he was outstanding, I can't deny him that.

I'd personally rather look at Toulalan (assuming Aulas doesn't charge top, top, top dollar like he normally does for his prize assets) or Defour - he's really impressed me in the (admittedly few) games I've seen him in.

I dont understand all this Parker love in. He has never been much more than average. An injury prone avarage player on top of it. He would be expensive, 29 years old and not much of an improvement on what we have.

Player of the year at Westham? So fucking what. Did anyone watch Westham play last season? One of the most inept Westham sides in ages. They were simply rubbish. Insua and Lucas would probably be in the running for that title if they had played there.

It`s funny how easy it is to rubbish our own players, and then highly praise worse player at other clubs.

Toulalan.

Although, a want away Mascherano is still better than anyone else in the world.

I'm not sure he is. I'd take a fully fit Michael Essien over him any day. I really like Mascherano as a player - his aggression is a huge asset, both individually and for the team - but, as I said last summer (and got shot down in flames for), I think he's very one-dimensional. That one dimension is phenomenal, but I'd pick a Xabi-type over a pure destroyer any day of the week. Intelligence, possession and distribution are far greater assets than aggression and tackling, in my view (even though both are very important).

I'm not sure he is. I'd take a fully fit Michael Essien over him any day. I really like Mascherano as a player - his aggression is a huge asset, both individually and for the team - but, as I said last summer (and got shot down in flames for), I think he's very one-dimensional. That one dimension is phenomenal, but I'd pick a Xabi-type over a pure destroyer any day of the week. Intelligence, possession and distribution are far greater assets than aggression and tackling, in my view (even though both are very important).

Depends though on system and other personal around that. Away from home I'd rather have a Gerrard/Alonso-Mascherano partnership than a Gerrard-Alonso partnership.

No doubting which 2 are technically the better footballers.

I dont understand all this Parker love in. He has never been much more than average. An injury prone avarage player on top of it. He would be expensive, 29 years old and not much of an improvement on what we have.

Player of the year at Westham? So fucking what. Did anyone watch Westham play last season? One of the most inept Westham sides in ages. They were simply rubbish. Insua and Lucas would probably be in the running for that title if they had played there.

It`s funny how easy it is to rubbish our own players, and then highly praise worse player at other clubs.

Totally agree mate parker has had one decent season and now everyone thinks hes the dogs bollocks, this is the same guy who wasnt good enough for newcastle ffs.

He is too old to be paying anything over 5m, hes slow as fuck and is simply not good enough.If we have to replace masch with someone parker would be a massive backwards step, there are plenty of players out there who are better then parker that we could get.

this is the same guy who wasnt good enough for newcastle ffs.

Matters fuck all that.

Mascherano couldn't get in the West Ham side ahead of Mullins. Forlan didn't work out at Man Utd but still be great here. Sometimes players just don't fit under certain managers.

Not advocating signing Parker, I've just never gotten this argument that because he didn't do great somewhere else it'd make him a bad signing. Him as a anchor behind Gerrard, Aquilani, Maxi and Cole would be sound. Of course we could do better as a player but it'd work.

Depends though on system and other personal around that. Away from home I'd rather have a Gerrard/Alonso-Mascherano partnership than a Gerrard-Alonso partnership.

No doubting which 2 are technically the better footballers.

The ideal, for me, is two all-round players like Viera and Petit for The Arse. Between them they had everything and worked in tandem all over the pitch, both defending and attacking. I don't think Mascherano has it in him to do that, whereas Alonso clearly does.

The ideal, for me, is two all-round players like Viera and Petit for The Arse. Between them they had everything and worked in tandem all over the pitch, both defending and attacking. I don't think Mascherano has it in him to do that, whereas Alonso clearly does.

True that. The perfect partner for Alonso would be a combo of Gerrard and Mascherano I suppose. Someone like Essien, as you mentioned above. His energy and ability to get from box to box playing next to Alonso's artistry would be boss. If you don't have that 1 player though you then need to play 2, as we did the other year.

If you play a midfield 2 then you need either an attacking one and a defending one or, as you said, 2 allrounders.

True that. The perfect partner for Alonso would be a combo of Gerrard and Mascherano I suppose. Someone like Essien, as you mentioned above. His energy and ability to get from box to box playing next to Alonso's artistry would be boss. If you don't have that 1 player though you then need to play 2, as we did the other year.

If you play a midfield 2 then you need either an attacking one and a defending one or, as you said, 2 allrounders.

Gerrard, L.Diarra