You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not too sure we'll get £20-25m for him.

Inter seem the only club genuinely interested, and they know we need a relatively quick transfer to allow us to rebuild in time for the new season. Plus we generally get shafted in selling players.

Hopefully Barcelona will take an interest in him.

Toure went for 27 million and Mascherano is better and the captain of Argentina, we should be looking at least that.

Inter will have money from Balotelli so we should be asking for a good amount

We never got shafted selling Alonso for the third highest fee in league history.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Parker's a cracking little player. He won't win you games but then Mascherano doesn't either. Parker is well capable of winning the ball back though and then giving it to creative players to influence the game and he'd be available for a lot less than the £25M (ish) we'd get for Mascherano.

Mascherano is a quality defensive midfielder and individually better than Parker, but it's about what is best for the team. He's a better player than Kedeira yet the Germans absolutely twatted Argentina, for instance.

Why are you always so snotty with your posts?

Parker is Xabi-lite and, as such, I think he'd be a great signing. We desperately need a player that can use the ball as well as put his foot in - and that's what Parker is.

Parker is a mercenary. He's just like Masch, plays for the pay cheque. He isn't even that great of a player anyway, he likes to be the big fish in a small pond, which is why he failed at Chelsea. Also only played over 30 games in a season once in his whole career and is 29 years old and would have no resale value. Wouldn't be a good buy IMO.

Parker is Xabi-lite and, as such, I think he'd be a great signing. We desperately need a player that can use the ball as well as put his foot in - and that's what Parker is.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we signed him as a replacement for Mascherano, in all honesty. I don't know if Hodgson is even interested in him though. I suppose we'll find out about his central midfield targets once the Mascherano sale commences.

It would be nice to have an English base to the side though if he did go after him though - Johnson, Carra, Gerrard, Parker, Cole, with the likes of Shelvey and Kelly as back up.

Parker's a good player but I'd be very concerned at having all these players nearing their 30s or in their 30s. Given our financial situation anyway, its not a problem if you can go out and keep rectifying it.

I dont see West Ham selling by far their best player and captain cheaply though, so say selling Mascherano for £25m and buying Parker for over £10m wouldnt be that great business for the future.

Arrogant prat who seems to forget that he was a nobody at West Ham a short time ago. Quality player no doubt, but can be replaced. Scott Parker or someone similar. Its sickening to constantly see reports of how he loves inter, how playing at inter would be a dream etc, et fucking cetera. Its very demoralising when you have these kind of 'want away' players allowing their agents to whore them out like this. I personally wish he would Fuck Off

I would love Defour here, he looks amazing, he'd be best used as a central midfielder, however, he can also play as an Attacking, or Defensive midfielder.

I'm not really a fan of Parker, plus anyone thinking he'd be cheap are wrong, West Ham are refusing to sell him, so we'd have to fork out £15m at the least, and that would be ridiculous.

Scott Parker is awesome. Would take him over Masch any day. No jests.

Masch is a thick douche bag who totally does my head in. Good at breaking up the play but also good at reckless and needless tackles, getting himself sent off at times to suit himself and just general stupid stuff.

A poor poor mans Didi.

Toure went for 27 million and Mascherano is better and the captain of Argentina, we should be looking at least that.

Inter will have money from Balotelli so we should be asking for a good amount

We never got shafted selling Alonso for the third highest fee in league history.

City don't count though. It's crazy that they've paid that much for a player as average as Toure. They also paid £24m for David Silva (who I confidently predict will flop in England) and will probably spend £25m on James Milner, who isn't within a donkey's roar of being world class.

Alonso's case is a fair point I guess, but it's not like that money was reinvested in the team.

I'm just a bit concerned that only Inter seem to be interested in him. That won't do us any favours in pushing up his price.

For the players, the manager. For the manager, the board. For the tea lady, her line manager.

Yes, that's how it should be in theory. I was just wondering how it is in practice these days, especially as we've spent the last season figuring out the "yous" in the club, and still spend our time arguing about it here every day.

I'd prefer Cattermole to Parker as a Mascherano replacement.

He's a bit of a thug but he's got potential to be a good ball winner. I'd swap Aquilani and Mascherano for Cattermole and Noble with some left over in a heart beat

He should contact him out of respect. Hodgson is his manager and the least he should do is return his calls or texts.

He said: 'He doesn't need to make contact with me. I've made contact with him telling him I'm looking forward to seeing him in training when he returns from his holiday but I did make the point in the voicemail that I didn't expect him to contact me'

If someone tells you not to bother contacting them then why would you?