You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For the club we are now (Hoping we can push on to finish 4th) Scott Parker is our level. Two years ago is well well gone and wont be back for a long time, so I wouldn't turn up the nose altogether at the thought of him joining us, as long as the price is low. However, if Hodgson does get given the £23-£24m we get for Mascherano, then we should set our sights a bit higher. I just can't help but think there is another even more high profile 'Goodbye' around the corner though.

Overpaying for someone like Parker isn't anything to do with him now being our level, its just rampant sillliness. For the £15m they'll probably want, I am sure there must be better out there. I keep reading players like Mascherano grow on trees.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still also a chance that the money might end up in that same spent pot that Purslow was talking about where we spent that net £20m last season and the season before. Swaps might be the safest option.

The was last year also but I don't see that option being on table from our view point.

I think Scott Parker is a good player, and he'd fit in well. However, if West Ham want anymore than £6 mil then we need to look elsewhere because at his age you just can't justify a higher outlay. As for people who are saying others are going overboard about Parker, behave yourselves. Parker is what he's always been, a hard-working player who has a neat and tidy (not in a Lucas way) passing style. Is he what we should aspire to if we're loaded? No, but is he a good replacement for Mascherano? Absolutely, what he lacks in Mascherano's defensive capabilities he makes up for in his work ethic and his ability to start off attacks.

Overpaying for someone like Parker isn't anything to do with him now being our level, its just rampant sillliness. For the £15m they'll probably want, I am sure there must be better out there. I keep reading players like Mascherano grow on trees.

He's 30 and has had injuries so anymore then £7m would be too much. Masch type players certainly do not grow on trees and had we had Masch from 1995-1998 we'd have won a number of Premierships. It's a very important position. I'd like Parker here for around £7m, but I'd want a Diarra type also as first choice.

Not as good as Alonso, but he possesses many of the same qualities.

I don't want Alonso to win anything at club level because of the team he plays for, and I was a little annoyed with how he left, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and that somewhere is here.

Scott Parker, decent player though he is, should never be mentioned in the same breath as Alonso. If Parker was anywhere near as good as Alonso he'd be sat up all night looking at himself on Youtube.

Jesus. Jesus. Fucking Sissoko again. After a few good games he was terrible for most of his Liverpool career. Scott Parker is, without doubt, a much much better player, yet I'd rather a better player then Parker if possible, never mind Sissoko.

Nope. No he's not. He became a crowd favourite and so in typical football fan fashion, people were happy to ignore his terrible performances which were regular and just concentrate on the good performances which were few and far between.

Parker has put in regular excellant performances during his career. It's the injuries that make him a risk.

Nope. No he's not. He became a crowd favourite and so in typical football fan fashion, people were happy to ignore his terrible performances which were regular and just concentrate on the good performances which were few and far between.

Parker has put in regular excellant performances during his career. It's the injuries that make him a risk.

Yes, he is. He's one of the best destroyers in the game of football. He cannot pass, sure, but he's excellent at what he is supposed to do well. Parker is not even mediocre at whatever he's supposed to be doing. Mascherano is better than both of them in everything.

Yes, he is. He's one of the best destroyers in the game of football. He cannot pass, sure, but he's excellent at what he is supposed to do well. Parker is not even mediocre at whatever he's supposed to be doing. Mascherano is better than both of them in everything.

That's just utter shite. It really is. Sissoko is a very good tackler but it was nearly always when trying to get the back as a result of his utterly woeful first touch and passing. All he ever did was give the ball away.

I've no problem with people not wanting Parker at the club, but this utter bolox that he is now a shite player is just tiresome and quite frankly childish as it comes across as a spurned kid not getting to keep his first choice present so everything else is shit. Parker is a very good player and if it wasn't for the injury issue then he would be a very attractive option.

Scott Parker is not a better player than momo sissoko, nor was momo shit for the majority of his time at Liverpool. He never recovered his form bar the Barca away game following his eye injury against Benfica. Until then, Momo was fucking boss. That said I don't want him back as his passing is too poor, despite his obvious athletic strengths. Either flamini or benega would be available for the same price or maybe a little bit more than Parker and would do a far better job in my opinion, not to mention being a lot younger.

Scott Parker is not a better player than momo sissoko, nor was momo shit for the majority of his time at Liverpool. He never recovered his form bar the Barca away game following his eye injury against Benfica. Until then, Momo was fucking boss. That said I don't want him back as his passing is too poor, despite his obvious athletic strengths. Either flamini or benega would be available for the same price or maybe a little bit more than Parker and would do a far better job in my opinion, not to mention being a lot younger.

In one line? In one line you've written that.

I've no problem with people not wanting Parker at the club, but this utter bolox that he is now a shite player is just tiresome and quite frankly childish as it comes across as a spurned kid not getting to keep his first choice present so everything else is shit. Parker is a very good player and if it wasn't for the injury issue then he would be a very attractive option.

Parker is not nearly as good as you think. He had a decent season were his side narrowly avoided relegation, he's nothing more than the flavour of the month.