You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howare Webb is a complete Cunt thread

Red Nick

For anyone defending Webb, please explain the first booking he gave to Heitinga? He didn't even see the fucking incident, just saw a prone Spaniard on the ground squealing as they do, and then proceeded to book Heitinga.

he could see it, if you get the chance to see it again webb is just starting to turn away from it and is likley to catch it out of the corner of his eye.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little dissapointed that Van Brommel didn't snap Iniesta's leg, the bad shithouse. Got Heitinga his first booking with a complete dive and the second was also a dive (even though it was actually a foul and was actually a booking).

I didn't enjoy that final at all because 80% of the players on show were too busy trying to get others booked to actually play football. I wouldn't be surprised if when Webb goes to buy a coffee this morning he isn't still being followed by that human turd, Busquets, moaning and waving a card.

Webb's performance was captured in a 5 minute cameo towards the end. Robben went through, was offside, kicked the ball away, he got told no more.

5 minutes later, Spain gave away a free kick, Xavi kicks the ball away, gets booked.

Only difference was that Robben was on a yellow and Xavi wasn't. Bad shitehouse ref who's more worried about his 15 minutes of fame than actually doing his fuckin' job.

Guest Pistonbroke
Never mind Webb if those dirty fuckin orange bastards hadn't tried kicking anything that moved the game wouldn't have been ruined-Kuyt being the one exception .

Behave. Not every Dutch player was being cynical. Plus the Spanish players trying to get every Dutch player booked after a tackle was just as cynical and shit house tactics imo. If Webb had booked everyone he should have it would have ended up 6 a side.

Howard Webb is an appaling ref and an embarrassment to English referees whom he represented. When Webb cam eon the scene in teh premier league the first season he was fantastic, but after that he has been nothing short of diarrhea,shocking performance last night some horrific dutch tackles and some blatant playing acting and cheating from Spain. Webb didn't lay a marker down early on in the game and it was a free for all. Well done Webb you complete chump.

It was a game any referee would have struggled to control, but Webb just looked confused. He must also be an irritation to any team that likes to play its way into the penalty area, as he has the unhappy knack of getting in the way of the best moves.

Actually he did lay down markers. A flurry of markers, than he put the markers away. Then Alonso almost got cut in half. Someone said he didn't (or couldn't, or was screened) see it but he gave a yellow. I tell you what, the

ONLY Spanish player getting up from that besides Alonso is probably Reina and Casillas. Then he put the cards away for a breif period of time. Then he let the Spanish playacting get to him and finally marched one of the least guilty of the Dirty Dutch. Then he doesn't march Robben off and gives Xavi a useless yellow for half the offence. He f;lashes yellow, yellow, yellow than half way through decides to try different 'policing' and starts giving stern talks, then a flurry of yellows. He was the worst thing a ref can be---inconsistent.

If he was in charge of the Raoul Moat he'd have let Gazza in with his fishing rod, confiscated the KFC, had Gazza arrested, then brought him back for to help with negotiations before finally deciding to shoot Moat and recommend Gazza for knighthood.

He let the Spaniards roll around, flash imaginery cards. He books one player form one team for time wasting and doesn't book the other. Robben was begging to be sent off so that all the vitirol could be directed at Webb, not him for his woeful miss.

He was under massive pressure in the match, the players sensed this and I think the Spanish spent most of the match trying to get Dutch players sent off and the Dutch spent most of the match trying to test the resolve of Webb not to send anyone off which is why deJong got only a yellow.

Bottom line is Webb completely bottled and botched the match.

Never would have happened on Collina's watch AND in my opinion FIFA, once again, blew it by having a European ref that all the players knew they could try and bully into thier way of thinking--ie-Spain getting players sent off, Holland snapping Spaniards in two.

If that Japanese fellow had the match it would have been a better game; instead we were treated to a woeful display and anyone outside of Spain who thbought that was a decent game needs to be sent to North Korea for reprogramming.

Webb blew the crown jewel of his career and he knows it.

Webb's performance was captured in a 5 minute cameo towards the end. Robben went through, was offside, kicked the ball away, he got told no more.

5 minutes later, Spain gave away a free kick, Xavi kicks the ball away, gets booked.

Only difference was that Robben was on a yellow and Xavi wasn't. Bad shitehouse ref who's more worried about his 15 minutes of fame than actually doing his fuckin' job.

Robben kicked the ball into the net after he was clean through. Xavi booted the ball away from a foul to deliverately waste time. It was slightly different.

Actually he did lay down markers. A flurry of markers, than he put the markers away. Then Alonso almost got cut in half. Someone said he didn't (or couldn't, or was screened) see it but he gave a yellow. I tell you what, the

ONLY Spanish player getting up from that besides Alonso is probably Reina and Casillas. Then he put the cards away for a breif period of time. Then he let the Spanish playacting get to him and finally marched one of the least guilty of the Dirty Dutch. Then he doesn't march Robben off and gives Xavi a useless yellow for half the offence. He f;lashes yellow, yellow, yellow than half way through decides to try different 'policing' and starts giving stern talks, then a flurry of yellows. He was the worst thing a ref can be---inconsistent.

If he was in charge of the Raoul Moat he'd have let Gazza in with his fishing rod, confiscated the KFC, had Gazza arrested, then brought him back for to help with negotiations before finally deciding to shoot Moat and recommend Gazza for knighthood.

He let the Spaniards roll around, flash imaginery cards. He books one player form one team for time wasting and doesn't book the other. Robben was begging to be sent off so that all the vitirol could be directed at Webb, not him for his woeful miss.

He was under massive pressure in the match, the players sensed this and I think the Spanish spent most of the match trying to get Dutch players sent off and the Dutch spent most of the match trying to test the resolve of Webb not to send anyone off which is why deJong got only a yellow.

Bottom line is Webb completely bottled and botched the match.

Never would have happened on Collina's watch AND in my opinion FIFA, once again, blew it by having a European ref that all the players knew they could try and bully into thier way of thinking--ie-Spain getting players sent off, Holland snapping Spaniards in two.

If that Japanese fellow had the match it would have been a better game; instead we were treated to a woeful display and anyone outside of Spain who thbought that was a decent game needs to be sent to North Korea for reprogramming.

Webb blew the crown jewel of his career and he knows it.

Wetting myself. So good to have you about again NP

Robben kicked the ball into the net after he was clean through. Xavi booted the ball away from a foul to deliverately waste time. It was slightly different.

Robben had stopped and knocked it past Casillas, he knew what he was doing. So did Webb.

I don't recall Xavi booting it either to be fair, but it doesn't matter how or where you do it, it's still a yellow card offense.

What decisions did you think he got spectacularly wrong?

All officials are going to make errors. That I can accept such as Elia not getting a free kick, the deflection off the Spanish wall aboot a minute before Ineista scored. No worries there, that happens 3, 4 or 5 times a game. Nothing like Lampards goal or Tevez's. He committed the worst sin of a referee in any sport and that is being inconsistent.

The deJong incident was as close to spectaculalry wrong as you could get. If that is not violent conduct than what is. He saw it, and he didn't march him off.

A good referee manages the game in a consistent manner. He did not. The Xavi booking and Robben non-booking prime examples. As soon as the first yellow came out the Dutch pushed the limit to see and if you can karate chop and get yellow then it's go time to kick the fuck out the Spanish and go time for the Spanish to dive, wave yellows, etc.

That is my chief complaint. FIFA should not have appointed a European ref when there was a more than competant Japanese ref and that Uzbeki fellow as well. The players would have reacted differently to either of these refs. However, Webb completely changed tact throughout the match and was, I reiterate, the worst thing a referee can be--inconsistent.

Robben had stopped and knocked it past Casillas, he knew what he was doing. So did Webb.

I don't recall Xavi booting it either to be fair, but it doesn't matter how or where you do it, it's still a yellow card offense.

Robben could claim to have not heard the whistle. Play was stopped and Xavi kicked the ball away while it was stationary. I can see why Webb played it the way he did.

Robben could claim to have not heard the whistle. Play was stopped and Xavi kicked the ball away while it was stationary. I can see why Webb played it the way he did.

So can I, mainly because he's a massive shithouse when it comes to making most decisions.

I'm a little dissapointed that Van Brommel didn't snap Iniesta's leg, the bad shithouse. Got Heitinga his first booking with a complete dive and the second was also a dive (even though it was actually a foul and was actually a booking).

I didn't enjoy that final at all because 80% of the players on show were too busy trying to get others booked to actually play football. I wouldn't be surprised if when Webb goes to buy a coffee this morning he isn't still being followed by that human turd, Busquets, moaning and waving a card.

This.

All of the Barcelona players are used to get a free kick whenever they go down.

The irony is that after this world cup, Robben still is the player with a reputation for diving. Iniesta, Xavi and perhaps Fabregas are of course so good that if they go down it must be a free kick.

That is my chief complaint. FIFA should not have appointed a European ref when there was a more than competant Japanese ref and that Uzbeki fellow as well. The players would have reacted differently to either of these refs.

Conjecture in the extreme.

Though I take your point. I don't agree but we could argue refereeing decisions all day long from any game you care to choose.

how could robben have claimed not to have heard the whistle when he had stopped?