You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howare Webb is a complete Cunt thread

Red Nick

he could see it, if you get the chance to see it again webb is just starting to turn away from it and is likley to catch it out of the corner of his eye.

That's no excuse. Corner of his eye? That's hardly a sound basis to book a player. If he hasn't seen the incident clearly he should not be giving out a booking.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's no excuse. Corner of his eye? That's hardly a sound basis to book a player. If he hasn't seen the incident clearly he should not be giving out a booking.

it is if in his mind he 100% clear what he's seen,anyway it was the right thing to do so its a non argument.

Behave. Not every Dutch player was being cynical. Plus the Spanish players trying to get every Dutch player booked after a tackle was just as cynical and shit house tactics imo. If Webb had booked everyone he should have it would have ended up 6 a side.

He couldn't, as a game can only continue when there's at least 7 men on one team.

He lost control early on, by not sending off the worst offenders. If he had, the players would have been much more careful in the tackles. The goalscorer got booked for celebrating. It's a mandatory yellow card under the laws of the game, but imagine the fuss today if he got a second yellow for it, when you see some of those tackles that went unpunished??

The press want a high profile ref from the so-called "bigger" nations to referee WC games. Well they got one last night, who didn't exactly emerge with flying colours, proving the theory that only such refs are capable of handling these games, to be a pile of shite.

Actually he did lay down markers. A flurry of markers, than he put the markers away. Then Alonso almost got cut in half. Someone said he didn't (or couldn't, or was screened) see it but he gave a yellow. I tell you what, the

ONLY Spanish player getting up from that besides Alonso is probably Reina and Casillas. Then he put the cards away for a breif period of time. Then he let the Spanish playacting get to him and finally marched one of the least guilty of the Dirty Dutch. Then he doesn't march Robben off and gives Xavi a useless yellow for half the offence. He f;lashes yellow, yellow, yellow than half way through decides to try different 'policing' and starts giving stern talks, then a flurry of yellows. He was the worst thing a ref can be---inconsistent.

If he was in charge of the Raoul Moat he'd have let Gazza in with his fishing rod, confiscated the KFC, had Gazza arrested, then brought him back for to help with negotiations before finally deciding to shoot Moat and recommend Gazza for knighthood.

He let the Spaniards roll around, flash imaginery cards. He books one player form one team for time wasting and doesn't book the other. Robben was begging to be sent off so that all the vitirol could be directed at Webb, not him for his woeful miss.

He was under massive pressure in the match, the players sensed this and I think the Spanish spent most of the match trying to get Dutch players sent off and the Dutch spent most of the match trying to test the resolve of Webb not to send anyone off which is why deJong got only a yellow.

Bottom line is Webb completely bottled and botched the match.

Never would have happened on Collina's watch AND in my opinion FIFA, once again, blew it by having a European ref that all the players knew they could try and bully into thier way of thinking--ie-Spain getting players sent off, Holland snapping Spaniards in two.

If that Japanese fellow had the match it would have been a better game; instead we were treated to a woeful display and anyone outside of Spain who thbought that was a decent game needs to be sent to North Korea for reprogramming.

Webb blew the crown jewel of his career and he knows it.

Great stuff!

Not the first Englishman to bottle it at this years World Cup, let's be fair.

Fucking superb drop kick to be fair. Should have been awarded a penalty goal for it!

Only kidding. Although I hate Webb with a passion he was up against it in the final.

A tough job made even tougher because of the antics of some players. I could just imagine the headlines if he had rightly sent off Van Bommel and De Jongh in the first half. I don't even like the bloke but he wasn't helped by some of the pricks on the field.

As for him not seeing things let's not forget he has communications with the guys on the line to help.

BTW how many of you out there calling him a cunt etc have actually been up to your local FA and sat the ref's course. Even at amateur level it's not easy.

After the Fabregas handball against us last season that Webb completely decided to ignore, he was mouthing at Gerrard, when he went to ask about why he'd not given a pen, "Not in front of the camera's".

Is it any wonder in a game full of shysters, con men and charlatans that the referees also worry how their public persona is going to look?

There's not a single referee awarded a penalty for holding in, what, 64 games?

I only saw 2 players booked for simulation, although I didn't see every game.

They are as guilty as any player of making decisions based on their own position rather than any good for the game.

The Final was an example of everything the modern game is..........shite.

Anyone on here actually a referee or ever been one at any level?

I passed the FA's Referees course years ago, and had a go on a number of occasions, and to be honest, I wouldn't referee for a big gold clock given the choice, but nevertheless, at the highest level they get a decent return for what they do, Webb is on a 5 year sabbatical from his day job (SYP) and is paid reasonably well to referee.

He had a tough job on Sunday, but, as I said in my earlier post, they seem to have been caught up in the hype and crap as well, it disgusts me how players drop like mortally wounded animals at the slightest touch, try to get their "fellow professionals" carded or walked and generally behave like tw**s, but now we appear to be seeing referees who are as concerned with how they come across, and that's affecting their decision making. The De Jong decision was an example, if Webb didn't see the high boot, one of his assistants must have, don't they communicate? It's possible that's how Heitinga got his first card.

It might have been preferable had he got the two captains together and warned them if the behaviour didn't improve he'd walk someone. He could've done that at half time out of the glare of the tv cameras.

• 1 month later...

"Hello, Sir Alex?. Just to let you know that I'm available for Sunday. And I'm ready to take your order now,Sir. (PAUSE) And that's one early booking for Carragher, a blind eye to a Scholes late one on Meireles, a red card before half time for any of the Liverpool back four, a total lack of action for rough treatment of Torres, and a penalty for a tackle on Nani on the half way line. Is that all? Anything to follow? (PAUSE) Ah yes, the obligatory six minutes of stoppage time if things are going wrong. Very well, Sir, this will be delivered to Old Trafford on Sunday. Yes, Sir, of course I will - I'm fucking off right now. Sorry for interrupting your wine tasting, Sir. Goodbye".

Excuses, early etc.

Its not really. people have been saying on here for the last 4 days we'll get bummed. People are just pissed off that even though he has a shocker everytime he does a Liverpool United game. Ferguson has a hold over referee's, I dont know how you can disagree.