You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howare Webb is a complete Cunt thread

Red Nick

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard Webb ruined another game. Nothing new there. Luckily the right team won.

Niether team should have won in normal or extra time they was both dire and the spanish goal was offside.

He was off side in the first phase of the goal in 2nd phase he wasn't but if he is offside in first phase he is offside simple as the goal shouldn't have stood.

jimmy-2-times_01_1194896437.jpg

I'm also considering negging G Richards for using the phrase 'this', as I expect better from him, I am however concerned that some negative astral events may befall me. I shall therefor make a visit to my parish priest tomorrow and make a donation to the choir boys' robe fund to make sure he's 'got my back' befor negging the rev.

All this 'we've got an English representative' in the final bollocks has got to be the single most embarassing footballing shit I've ever heard, ever.

Thanks you just made me realise I swore in front of G. I'm going to hell, to hell.

It was the same Howard Webb we've seen all year. Just exchange Spain with Manchester United and there you go.

How the fuck can you say that when not sending off de Jong is madness. Do you honestly think that yellow was enough?

How the fuck can you say that when not sending off de Jong is madness. Do you honestly think that yellow was enough?

Yellow was enough. De Jong isn't a dirty player, he didn't intentionally try to injure Alonso, it was just a stupid attempt to win the ball. It happens all the time, high foot in the air. Those are never red card offences.

As some have said, it was a mistake from De Jong that a nervous player would commit in a World Cup final, if he'd gotten a red people would be more outraged. Alonso recovered. De Jong didn't commit anymore fouls near that magnitude.

But the Elia incident was a free-kick, he was quite clearly body checked by both Fabregas and Ramos.

As some have said, it was a mistake from De Jong that a nervous player would commit in a World Cup final, if he'd gotten a red people would be more outraged. Alonso recovered. De Jong didn't commit anymore fouls near that magnitude.

But the Elia incident was a free-kick, he was quite clearly body checked by both Fabregas and Ramos.

No they wouldn't. It was assault, nothing to do with a mistake from a nervous player.

I agree on the Elia incident.

However those high kicks are potentially dangerous. Just because Xabi recovered doesnt it was dangerous. In the EPL that would have been a red card. That boot was WAY to high.

I guess now we should send any player off for high boot and kill the game of football forever.End of day he wasn't even looking at alonso he turn and thought ball was in front of him and it wasn't and he hit him.Hit him hard I know but end of day it was mistake and not a blatent assult as some of you say.One of those things that looks worse then it was ment and one thing webb got right in game.

From a technical standpoint, Puyol's arm around Robben is a foul and a red card. But you have to take into account the reality of the situation and as it played out. No-one would have sent off Puyol, to send off De Jong would have been slightly on the harsh side. A yellow and final warning was fair.

In the end, Elia should have gotten a free kick, it was a Howard Webb blunder that cost Holland their chance at winning the World Cup.

Not the first Englishman to bottle it at this years World Cup, let's be fair.

Bottle it ? It took more bottle not to send him off twisted logic or what ?

As you can see he turns into him now if he had run up to him and kicked him that would have been blatent and a red card but in football these things happens.

This was a poor match, the Dutch utterly despicable, the referee not capable of coping with the pressure. A lot like the England team in SA. Of course de Jong should have walked, that was not football. van Bommel should have followed. The Elia incident was nothing special, a times you get them, at times you don't. You do not get he studs in your chest "at times".

From a technical standpoint, Puyol's arm around Robben is a foul and a red card. But you have to take into account the reality of the situation and as it played out. No-one would have sent off Puyol, to send off De Jong would have been slightly on the harsh side. A yellow and final warning was fair.

In the end, Elia should have gotten a free kick, it was a Howard Webb blunder that cost Holland their chance at winning the World Cup.

And the goal was offside of course.

also wasn't puyol on a yellow it was at least worth a yellow that arm on robben ? even if he did pull it back for the foul since robben had no adv ?

This was a poor match, the Dutch utterly despicable, the referee not capable of coping with the pressure. A lot like the England team in SA. Of course de Jong should have walked, that was not football. van Bommel should have followed. The Elia incident was nothing special, a times you get them, at times you don't. You do not get he studs in your chest "at times".

Have you ever played football i had kicks in chest and head and back and all over above the waist and it just happens can't always prevent motion.

But you must be superman or something can turn on a 6 pence and defy all laws of motion and momentum

I think he's a shit referee and he definitely got some things wrong tonight. The antics of some of the players though, on both sides, was a disgrace.

Nah, that 'tackle' on Alonso by De Jong was a fucking assault!

Sums it up.