You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A certain someone is staying at the Beatles hotel tonight

WaltonRed

I've said throughout that he'll go to Spurs if he's bothered about staying in London.

They might be able to offer him CL football depending on how the qualifiers go, but if they fuck that up, they don't have European football at all. If we can keep our key men (other than Mascherano, who is surely going to Inter) sell some fringe players and add in a smattering of decent signings from whatever Cecil is generous enough to let Roy keep, we should certainly be pushing Spurs in the league so I guess it depends on how much of a challenge he's up for. For a creative midfield player, I'd have thought the possibility of linking up with Gerrard and Torres would be a fairly attractive proposition.

On top of that, if we ever get the new stadium built we'll save a fortune on window cleaning.

But yes, he's going to Spurs. I'm not going to be the one who curses this.

Still think its a London team (spurs). I would be excitedly pleased if it was us but i doubt it still. Am gonna wait till sundays papers they will probably have something on his future generally with his decision on his future set to be decided tuesday or wednesday as his agent said last sunday his future would be decided in 10 days or so.

Paddy Power have stopped the market on this, they seem to think he is coming here. Not sure myself.

It just means they've taken a number of large punts on him that will leave them exposed in that market, so they've closed it for the time being. Bookies closed the market on Henry coming here a few seasons back.

It just means they've taken a number of large punts on him that will leave them exposed in that market, so they've closed it for the time being. Bookies closed the market on Henry coming here a few seasons back.

They closed the market on Ribery joining us too not so long ago.

Just watched the interview on SSN and Roy avoided giving any information on the Joe Cole subject, in a sly manner. Just joked he didn't know enough about betting to say what bets being suspended actually meant.

He basically said to the reporter that if he wanted to find out an update on the Joe Cole situation, to ask Purslow.

All he said is that he talked to Cole.

Interesting...

Roy Hodgson has revealed he is quite happy to see speculation linking Liverpool with a possible swoop for England star Joe Cole.

The midfielder is on the look out for a new club after leaving Chelsea at the end of last season, and he has been linked with a move to Anfield.

Indeed, bookmakers have suspended betting on which club Cole will join next season.

However, Hodgson was quick to play that speculation down and said: "I'm not a betting man so that doesn't actually play a big part that betting is suspended.

"I don't even know enough about betting to know what that means.

"As far as I know, Joe Cole is still a player looking for a club.

"I know we've been connected with him, and it's good to know we're connected with players of that quality, but I don't have anything to report on the subject.

"I haven't had any discussions with him, but I had a brief chat a while back."

Roy on Joe Cole link - Liverpool FC

Would like to see him sign, would be a bold move from him due to other options and him being a London Town boy. My only worry is that roys comments make it sound that Cecil is having to much influence on targets....

Here's Chris Bascombe and the news of the screw's take on it.

By Chris Bascombe

LIVERPOOL have offered Joe Cole a massive £4.7million-a-year deal to become Roy Hodgson's first major signing.

Hodgson met Cole and his representatives in an effort to thrash out the £90,000-a-week contract for the next three years.

Cole could also expect a significant signing-on fee if he moves to Anfield.

But with Spurs also in the hunt for the England midfielder, the 28-year-old is still considering his options ahead of the most high-profile Bosman deal of the summer.

Liverpool are desperate to secure a big name to prove to skipper Steven Gerrard and striker Fernando Torres they'll be competing for honours again this season.

Cole's preference appears to be to remain near London, but Hodgson hopes the prospect of becoming one of his most senior players will lure him north.

Liverpool's offer isn't a massive increase on what Cole was earning at Stamford Bridge, but the Merseysiders believe footballing rather than financial concerns will be the main factor in his decision.

The skilful midfielder spoke after the World Cup about regular first team football being his main priority, and the Merseysiders' can offer greater guarantees on this score than Spurs and Arsenal, who have greater strength in depth.

Liverpool hope Cole will make a decision by the end of this week as they welcome back their England contingent to training.

Hodgson would want the midfielder to immediately start preparing for the new season alongside Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Glen Johnson who end their holidays on Tuesday.

I'd like us to sign Cole due to the fact that the initial transfer outlay would be minimal and also because Benayoun has now left. It wouldn't be cheap, due to the signing on fee and high wages, but it would save us some money in the short term.

As said previously said still cant see it, but if he did choose us over Spurs i would have a lot of respect for him immediately. The easy choice is to go to spurs, pick up a decent wage and hope he gets some games with wingers and attacking players they have but their would be no uprooting. Choosing us means he would have to move his family (which will he hard no matter what, he is a london boy) but as the article says he would be considered to be as important as torres and gerrard and would no doubt I believe, be one of the first names on the sheet, something which i cant see him being if he went to spurs.

We will see in next couple of days what he choses, god wouldnt i love to be a fly on the wall!!!!! :D

I've been having a think about this one and I am relenting. I am going to revoke the rule I imposed which has thus far been preventing Joe Cole from signing for us. Window licking jamooks are no longer prohibited from signing for Liverpool Football Club.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJjVM_1lxUc&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJjVM_1lxUc&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Joe Cole > Benayoun.

Would be a great bit of business, just wait and see if he chooses to sign for us.

It's a risk but a risk worth taking cos IF he plays enough games when fit he can be one of the best players in this league whereas to get a player near his calibre will cost us a 15+ transfer fee.

Not saying this cos of who i support but he'd be better off at a club like ours rather than a club like Spurs or City as he's more likely to make more starts with us rather than Spurs or City who seem to have 2 or more players who would play where Cole plays i.e wing/attacking midfielder.

If he was around 22 yrs old then you could be patient and wait for his turn but he's 28 and not sure how long he has left especially considering the impact the injuries might have had on his long term physical state.

Arsenal are the only other option that would give him more guarantees of starts but Wenger does'nt really buy players his age.

Premier League betting - Joe Cole betting suspended as Liverpool FC reportedly offer £90k a week deal, latest Premier League odds

Liverpool look set to complete the free transfer signing of England midfielder Joe Cole

Saturday saw Cole backed in from 6/5 to 8/15 with Sky Bet to make Liverpool his next club before the Harrogate-based bookmaker suspended betting.

A report in one Sunday newspaper said the Anfield club had offered Cole a three-year deal worth £90,000-a-week, while there has been speculation that Reds boss Roy Hodgson will meet with Cole while the club are on their pre-season tour.

Irish bookmaker Paddy Power (£100 free bet) suspended bets in their Joe Cole next club market on Saturday afternoon after a flurry of bets on Cole joining Liverpool as word spread and punters backed the former Chelsea player to move to Merseyside ahead of a move to Arsenal or Tottenham.

Sorry if this has already been posted. Couldn't find anything on the football forum section, so thought it would be worth posting.

Cole would be a top signing in my book. If he does come to Liverpool we will just have to hope he stays injury free.