You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A certain someone is staying at the Beatles hotel tonight

WaltonRed

He had a serious injury that kept him out for a long time, I think that's different from someone like Torres who is genuinely injury prone, it's constant fucking injuries with him.

Good point, he's not a 'sicknote' like Keiron Dyer or Anderton where it seems they get over a injury and get another one or the original injury flares up again. He's had one serious injury on his knee and seems to have got over the worst of it.

Over on the Chelsea forum they could be saying the same on Torres always having injuries yet they would still take him.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Good point, he's not a 'sicknote' like Keiron Dyer or Anderton where it seems they get over a injury and get another one or the original injury flares up again. He's had one serious injury on his knee and seems to have got over the worst of it.

Over on the Chelsea forum they could be saying the same on Torres always having injuries yet they would still take him.

They don't have to worry about Torres' wages. We do, every signing we make has to hit the ground running and be a success, and that's going to be the case for the foreseeable future.

They don't have to worry about Torres' wages. We do, every signing we make has to hit the ground running and be a success, and that's going to be the case for the foreseeable future.

But that's virtually impossible for any club regardless of if they have sufficient funds or not. There's no gurantee of any players making a immediate impact at their new club. What would make it more possible to sign players who 'hit the ground running and be a success' is players who have played in this league for a number of years and who have quality, but unfortunatly that does'nt come cheap.

Seriously, if this transfer happens, it will rival Aquilani as the shittest transfer in Liverpool's recent history.

The guy's fucked... He can't string any games together. The last thing we need is another crock.

Sure, it's "Joe Cole" - he's a big name, it sounds exciting... The reality is he's quite old and always injured. It would be a disaster. The last type of player we need.

Seriously, if this transfer happens, it will rival Aquilani as the shittest transfer in Liverpool's recent history.

The guy's fucked... He can't string any games together. The last thing we need is another crock.

Sure, it's "Joe Cole" - he's a big name, it sounds exciting... The reality is he's quite old and always injured. It would be a disaster. The last type of player we need.

He's had 1 serious injury not a series of injuries and his app record is not as bad as some make out.

Is is not just that he had a serious injury, rather than he's always injured?

He's averages 25 league apps a season at Chelsea, which doesn't sound too bad.

Last 4 seasons he's made 82 league appearences. 33, 25, 14 and 10. 11 goals in that time as well.

He'd have been a good signing 3-4 years ago but now I don't see the benefit especially given the wages it'll cost us.

Is is not just that he had a serious injury, rather than he's always injured?

He's averages 25 league apps a season at Chelsea, which doesn't sound too bad.

I don't see how that's any different? He's still injured, regardless of the circumstances of his injury.

Also, he never lasts full games. Whether that's to do with his injury, I don't know... If he startes, he's usually brought off after about 60 minutes.

Seriously, too many question marks for 90k a week... All our best players are injury prone. I'll repeat - we don't need another expensive crock IMO.

Re: "He's had 1 serious injury not a series of injuries."

See above. Plus, I never said he had a "series of injuries".

Last 4 seasons he's made 82 league appearences. 33, 25, 14 and 10. 11 goals in that time as well.

He'd have been a good signing 3-4 years ago but now I don't see the benefit especially given the wages it'll cost us.

2 of the last 4 seasons he's made 14 and 10 appearences in the league. Doesn't make great reading injury-wise.

Fair point both of you but with regard to this season the lack of appearnces was'nt just down to injuries but down to not getting picked by the manager ass i guess he did'nt see him as along term team member but he did make more appearances in the cup competitons and when he has come on for Chelsea he seemed to make a difference to the team.

He came back from his knee injury in Sept i think and from then made sparse appearances here and there but unlike Aquilani he's not coming to a new club already crocked.

10, 33, 14, 25

And if you add Europe and cups onto the numbers, it starts to look better...

I know that weren't the order I was just listing it numerically.

He hasn't played that many more than Aquilani over the past 4-5 years but one is labelled injury prone and one isn't. I know you can twist facts etc but if we sign a lad on his wages than plays less than 50% of the league games I can't see it being a good decision.

Guest TesticleOReilly

His body is way too small for his head. Crouch looked like Bambi on ice every time he set off on a run. What is this, Liverpool Freaks Club? Get some human players in.

Ha... I don't actually want to know, I was just highlighting that "games played" isn't a good way to look at it.

It probably isn't but it's been a good enough way to highlight the injuries of both Torres and Aquilani over the past year so I don't see why it can't be used here.