You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[YOUTUBE]66OuJZGDCHE[/YOUTUBE]

An it's funny shite! The random people in the whole clip is laughable.

As wrong as this might be, the silence when they said 'For Bobby' made me laugh. Maybe because it's an England thing.

Livetopic + embedded video = fucking shite. You edited that while I was watching it Ian, and the bloody thing restarted from the start.

Shite ad anyway.

Apologises for making anyone watch that more than they had to.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fucking hell. I'm not even close to being a patriot, much less a patriotic Englishman, but that made me puff my chest out.

It's alright, it's deflated again now.

We are the most succesful team in this country and not one of our greats be it Shanks, Paisley or Kenny have ever recieved a knighthood while countless others who have been at most equally deserving and at worst nowhere near deserving an honour have received one. If you think this prejudice hasn't reared it's ugly head recently you are wrong, after Istanbul did we recieve any form of recognition from the establishment? No did we fuck Steven Gerrard alone from that squad recieved an MBE 18 months later which he probably would have got anyway, and he recieved it with England's Brave John Terry if I'm not mistaken so it was probably more to do with his international commitments than anything to do with Liverpool.

Contrast this to the Ashes winning side of 2005, 3 months later they were all given honours in the following New Year's honours list. We were the pride of this Country after Istanbul we are the only British team to have been able to keep the European Cup. And what recognition did we recieve from the establishment of this country? Nothing fuck-all one poxy MBE for the captain 18 months after the fact.

If the establishment and the Southern based media want to try and acknowledge some of Liverpool's achievements then fine one day I might be inclined to join in with Nigel the tatooed bigoted Racist and go and treat foriegners with contempt and ruin foriegn countries. But until they stop treating the club and scousers as subhuman they can all just fuck off and stick to abusing plastic garden furniture and ruining Home Counties Beer Gardens.

I wrote this after Croatia pissed all over England at Wembley. I stand by every fucking word.

Fuck off england you fucking cunts, I hope we play Argentina and Messi fucking picks the ball up and throws it into the back of the net you fucking shower of shit.

I hate the usual St George, Oi, Oi! lad culture that comes with companies ads and the world cup. This ones just fucks me up! Why do we as a nation live in the past saying how great we were when as a country now were in the shit which just shows how we messed up.

Plus it's Danish fucking beer!

Fucking class advert. Fuck all this "we're not English, we're Scouse" shite. I'm both and am proud to be so.

The bit where it goes quiet for Bobby and then goes to a posthumous Bobby Moore and the roaring lion makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Well looking forward to the world cup and watching a Carra/Stevie England.

I used to go to England games many moons ago but go sick of the fighting and Stoke/Burnley whoppers.

I have never given a fuck about England since I jacked it.

Tell you what though I am well up for this.

Made a CD this morning and now my 2 year old knows Vindaloo off by heart. Wife not happy but that was the point.

Don't you just love all the hype surrounding the World Cup.

Adverts, newspaper supplements, loads of programmes about past World Cups, houses and cars decorated with England flags......

Me, personally, I love seeing all the In-ger-lund morons having to take down all the crap they've forked out on, repaint their front rooms, switch off their TVs for the rest of the World Cup and feel nothing but total devastation when once again after all the hype and hope, England fuck it up again.

I'll be backing nobody at the World Cup. Just enjoying 4 weeks of football heaven before we're brought crashing back to earth with the return of the Premiership.

I thought it was cringeworthy to be honest.

Yep....think it's a pretty poor form to use the goodwill of a country towards Booby Moore and Bobby Robson to sell their shite beer. Having to see Clive Woodward again made me feel a little queasy.

Can wait for the WC to start....having no team to support means I can just enjoy the football. Thanks Thierry.....

I thought the advert was daft as fuck. Right until the end. I dunno why but, even as a Scotsman, there is something about the image of Bobby Moore and a lion leading the team out. It feels like they are being lead out to battle. It is fantastical and thats what I like about it.

It feels, and probably because of the lion, like Narnia.

Edited by Steve Holt