You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Can any English people on here explain to me why they don't support England? You know, as in the country you were born in.

Why would the random piece of land you exited your mother's vagina on lead you to supporting a bunch of twats from other clubs that you don't support?

Can any English people on here explain to me why they don't support England? You know, as in the country you were born in.

1. The amout of cunts who play for them.

2. The media bollocks that surrounds them.

3. England supporters are generally absolute cunts.

4. England is shite.

Advert doesn't do it for me. It could be the unremitting cliches from start to finish. Or it could be the fact that I've lost a lot of the enthusiasm I had for England when I was younger.

Nowadays I see the national team as being completely inseparable from the media that surrounds it. The typical sort of thing you get is a television advert to pick up a copy of whatever rag so you can collect their stickers or put an England wall chart up in your room. It will propitiate the idea that they're backing England's world cup bid to the hilt and generally exploit the nation's patriotism to sell papers. Then page one will be about Gerrard and his missus, page four or five will be the latest in the 'Lord Treason' scandal and the back pages will have a couple of articles questioning the decision not to take Walcott, or undermining the qualities of alternate defenders now that Ferdinand's out.

In other words, cynical, hypocritical shite-marketing.

Why would the random piece of land you exited your mother's vagina on lead you to supporting a bunch of twats from other clubs that you don't support?

That's what led me to support Liverpool as well though

1. The amout of cunts who play for them.

2. The media bollocks that surrounds them.

3. England supporters are generally absolute cunts.

4. England is shite.

I agree that a lot of bellends frequent the squads and the Southern based fans are pricks, but I'm English and follow footy. That's all there is to it, surely?

I agree that a lot of bellends frequent the squads and the Southern based fans are pricks, but I'm English and follow footy. That's all there is to it, surely?

Well if you're Scouse and like Footy, why not support Everton???

I cant stick the National Squad and the thought of cheering on a team that consists of Terry, ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Frank lampard and Wayne Rooney turns my stomach.

Fuck them, I hope they get knocked out by North Korea.

I'm somewhat torn regarding this issue. I do find it hard to support a team that consists of some of the most despicable twats ever to stalk the face of the earth, but I also quite like England to do well. This year it's going to be particularly interesting as I would really like to see Gerrard lifting the World Cup as it would absolutely sicken Ferdinand and Terry (and no doubt a large proportion of the southern-based media).

Oh, and fuck all this 'We're not English, we are Scouse' shite. Utterly cringeworthy and embarrassing - the last time I looked at a UK map, the city of Liverpool appeared to be in England.

I first watched this advert when I was very drunk and the Bobby bit, Sir Ranulph and the end bit all got me into full-blown England fan mode (not the chair slinging, racist, stupid fucking carflag bastard kind).

I'm somewhat torn regarding this issue. I do find it hard to support a team that consists of some of the most despicable twats ever to stalk the face of the earth, but I also quite like England to do well. This year it's going to be particularly interesting as I would really like to see Gerrard lifting the World Cup as it would absolutely sicken Ferdinand and Terry (and no doubt a large proportion of the southern-based media).

Oh, and fuck all this 'We're not English, we are Scouse' shite. Utterly cringeworthy and embarrassing - the last time I looked at a UK map, the city of Liverpool appeared to be in England.

Repped

It's simple for me, I love it when they win, I'm not arsed when they lose.

Infact, I envy how i feel about England, because I wish i felt that way about Liverpool sometime!

That's precisely the way I feel about them mate, and it's a good point in your second bit as well! There's a massive bellendy feel about some of the support and several of the players, but on the other hand I mainly watch the games with my mates anyway (most of whom support other clubs, me being based where I am) so it's good for once that we're all supporting the same team - I don't really give a toss about the matchgoing element since I'm not a matchgoer. But if (and probably when) they get knocked out I won't be overly bothered - 4 weeks of football on the telly is no bad thing. I'd like to see England do well, and I enjoy the whole country getting excited and full of anticipation to an extent, considering how negative and pessimistic we generally are as a nation.

Im feeling more patrionic as the lead up goes, like the advert but mostly for the Bobby Robson bit and the Lion.

Never been a fan of Bobby Moore, he was (apparently) one of the first flash twats in the game. From what I've read from others opinion he represents what I hate most in footballers, but history seems to forget that cause he happened to be the captain when we won in '66. Don't like what I've read about him. But he's saint apparently.

Would have rather had Sir Alf Ramsey at the top of the stairs with them both, he's been forgotten and shouldn't have been.

Well if you're Scouse and like Footy, why not support Everton???

I cant stick the National Squad and the thought of cheering on a team that consists of Terry, ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Frank lampard and Wayne Rooney turns my stomach.

Fuck them, I hope they get knocked out by North Korea.

Strange point as there is no alternative in which national team I can choose. What are you trying to say?

Shit advert. Agree with Ant about feelings for England. Can't get wound up about this world cup at all. Far too many teams and far too much hype. I've kind of got over hoping England fail though. I've got a feeling they might do OK without playing very English football - Capello seems to have got them very relaxed.

This ad is nowhere near as good as that 'Step On' ad with Venables and a few otehrs from about 10 years ago.