You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

Daniel Agger wants to stay at Liverpool despite Man City interest

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger insists he wants to stay at Anfield but says the decision may not be up to him.

Manchester City have had two enquiries about the 27-year-old rejected.

But new Reds manager Brendan Rodgers conceded they may be forced to sell Agger if City match their valuation.

"I'd rather stay," Agger told Danish newspaper Politiken. "I can't imagine playing for any other club in England but you never know if the club think it's better to sell."

City have indicated they would be willing to bid about £18m for the Denmark international although Adam Johnson could yet be offered on loan as a makeweight in any potential deal.

Agger has entered the final two years of his contract and talks on a new deal have stalled but he insisted: "I am fine with my situation, the club will have to find out what they want to do.

"I've heard nothing from them. I'd rather stay but that decision is not up to me at the moment.

"Liverpool can do a deal even though I have two years on my contract, but I haven't changed my mind on the subject.

"Sometimes you can end up in a position where it's not your decision.

"I don't want to be somewhere I am not wanted but I would prefer if they want me to stay. That is my priority."

Agger has entered the final two years of his contract and talks on a new deal have stalled.

Have you seen the first five pages of the Rodgers thread.

Were everyone to a man was made up he'd fucked us off.

And was calling him an arrogant cunt for thinking what he'd achieved somehow entitled him to be considered ahead of names like Capello, Benitez, Van Gaal & AVB and that he refused to be involved in a beauty pageant.

Well nothing's changed as far as I am concerned he was an arrogant cunt then and he's an arrogant cunt now.

I just haven't changed my tune simply because he's been given the fucking job.

I'll have to get on with it but I don't have to like it.

But it appears I'm pissing people off so I'll fuck off for a bit

Fucking ridiculous attitude to take, and not one of a supporter at all. The fact that you are not the only one with an attitude like this is the most damning thing.

Seriously, calling our manager an "arrogant cunt"? That's fucking abysmal shit right there. Good idea to fuck off, but make it a little longer than a bit.

Has anybody actually said that they're telling Rodgers which players to sell? If he's being forced to choose who he has to sell because the transfer pot isn't big enough, that's bad enough. It's not the mark of owners who are serious about getting us back into the top four.

People - and I can't be bothered trawling back through the thread to quote exactly who - are saying 'it's the owner's decision' to sell Agger.

FSG haven't got a bottomless pit and they pretty much made that clear from day one. They have been stung by our poor transfer dealings during their stewardship so far, and appear to be tightening the purse strings as a consequence. With the money we have spent in the last 18 months, we should have a stronger squad than we do have. That we don't is not down to FSG.

These sort of transfer dealings are the reality when you don't have a oil baron for an owner. Over the past 10 years (or whatever time frame you like), I would be surprised if our net spend was ever far above the £25m that we have spent so far this summer. People are down on the owners, and that is their prerogative, but I think some perspective is being lost though.

For me, anyway, sitting tight and seeing what transpires over the next 2 weeks is the best bet. Then the owner's ambitions and MO maybe a little clearer.

FSG haven't got a bottomless pit and they pretty much made that clear from day one. They have been stung by our poor transfer dealings during their stewardship so far, and appear to be tightening the purse strings as a consequence. With the money we have spent in the last 18 months, we should have a stronger squad than we do have. That we don't is not down to FSG.

Who said this -

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football,"
?

Who hired and backed Comolli with huge sums?

If you are under the impression FSG have a bottomless pit of cash for Rodgers to spend, I would wager you are mistaken, Coro.

Obviously i'm not, you silly, silly person.

You said

FSG haven't got a bottomless pit and they pretty much made that clear from day one.

Tom Werner said

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football,"

I say you're both full of piss and wind.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Who said this - ?

Who hired and backed Comolli with huge sums?

Your bias is evident in everything you write.

Double teamed by dullards.

Your point is still not that clear, Coro.

It's pretty obvious they don't have a bottomless pit.

You agree? Good. Shut up, then.

Just how dense are you? You said FSG have not given the impression they have a bottomless pit. Tom Werner said we have the resources to compete with anyone in football.

Is this clear enough for you?

Your bias is evident in everything you write.

Yes, I really love Libpool FC. So much so I pay to go watch them play.

You know that 50% of the PL games in a season is 19 games dont you?

So Agger has never reached this amount before, in fact he has only managed 45% according to you.

Go to bed.

What? I said "we cannot rely on getting more than 50% availability from Agger..." so from that you somehow got that I was suggesting he would play more than 19 games??????

Wake up!

Just how dense are you? You said FSG have not given the impression they have a bottomless pit. Tom Werner said we have the resources to compete with anyone in football.

Is this clear enough for you?

That Tom Werner misjudged the size of the task FSG were undertaking is neither here nor there in this discussion. It is quite clear FSG don't don't have resources to compete with City and Chelsea; ergo, don't have a bottomless pit which is the only point I am making.

You are arguing for the sake of it because you're stupid and can't help yourself. Now shut your little, fat, stupid head.

Thanks.

Do you know what an operation is?

Do you know what might happen after operations?

Why? Would me knowing what an operation is and understanding the inherent recovery time reduce the less than 50% availability of Agger?

I don't give a toss what the reasons are for him only being available for 50% of games - perhaps you lot should stop trying to interpret what has been said to suit your own agenda's and actually look at what was actually said.

At no stage have I said he should be sold because he has played less than 50% of games during his time at the club, at no stage have I said that he was a bad player because he has played less than 50% of games during his time at the cloub, at no stage have I made any claim based on the 50% figure - but you lot have got all precious about it and applied your own interpretation.

READ what has been said and try to understand it. It'll be far less stressful for you.

That Tom Werner misjudged the size of the task FSG were undertaking is neither here nor there in this discussion. It is quite clear FSG don't don't have resources to compete with City and Chelsea; ergo, don't have a bottomless pit which is the only point I am making.

He said that in April 2012.

You really need to start commenting on something you have a clue about.

haha

I do love that, at a club where Gerrard chose to stay when Chelsea were managed by Mourinho and splashing the big bucks, that supporters can say that players are only motivated by money and honours.

I also love that we can talk about selling a player who has YNWA tattooed on his knuckles (because he's only played 43% of games for us and it's good business sense), and moan about Torres leaving because he wants to challenge for titles.

It does show you that - in certain quarters - loyalty in football has been eroded from both ends.

Anybody who saw how Agger treated Torres after he left the first time we played Chelsea should have an idea what the boy is about and should know that if our supportership stretches beyond the pragmatic or economical to any length whatsoever that he is an invaluable player.

We ought to guard the hope that his affection for the club is genuine and do our utmost to protect it. If everything he professed about the club was a falsity then there's really no hope for any of us and we might as well all jack it in anyway. Except for the people who prefer politics to football.

This is far too romantic a view on players - following this logic it would be quiet acceptable for us to keep Aurelio at the club and give him a new contract if he only got a Liverbird tatoo? We should also have kept ANY young local lad who professed a love for the club on the books and never let them go - Football shoud never be any part of this decision?????

Sorry mate - take the romanticism out of the equation and apply logic - Rodgers has had time to look at his squad, at the method and style he wants to play and seen those players that he considers to be expendable. One of the factors against the players he wants to keep is their availability for matches.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yes, I really love Libpool FC. So much so I pay to go watch them play.

I'd be my life I've been to more games than you, especially away and European games. As usual, you think you're the only person who has ever been to a game or knows anything about football.

Still, that has nothing to do with you taking Kenny's names away from Kenny's signings, you big mentalist.

He said that in April 2012.

You really need to start commenting on something you have a clue about.

Why are you trying to hang Tom Werner's words on me, you dumb fucking idiot.

They don't have a bottomless pit, that much is clear.

Agree? What's that? Yes, you do? Good. Now will you please shut the fuck up?

Thanks.

I'd be my life I've been to more games than you, especially away and European games. As usual, you think you're the only person who has ever been to a game or knows anything about football.

Still, that has nothing to do with you taking Kenny's names away from Kenny's signings, you big mentalist.

Coming across all insecure there, Moody slag.

My bias shines through, yes i'm a matchgoing Liverpool supporter. Average attendance is over 40,000, why would i think i'm the only person to have to a game?

Now i'm accused of taking Kenny's name away from blah blah ... zzzzz and I'm the mentalist?

No, i've never flounced forum an internet forum or spammed transfer threads like you.

Have you anything constructive to say?

Why are you trying to hang Tom Werner's words on me, you dumb fucking idiot.

They don't have a bottomless pit, that much is clear.

Agree? What's that? Yes, you do? Good. Now will you please shut the fuck up?

Thanks.

Because you said FSG have never given the impression they have a bottomless pit.

Tom Werner's words contradict your claim.

That you cannot fathom this contradiction obviously makes me a dumb idiot.

Embarrassed for you.