You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra today

Randy Marsh

Anyone giving Carra grief for yesterday's performance is a cunt.

He was brilliant.

Indeed. Yesterday, he was fucking immense. That tackle on Carrick spoke volumes about the man. Any other defender with the lack of confidence and form would have shit out of that tackle. But not Carragher.

He has had his faults last season and this but yesterday, he was a fucking rock.

9 times out of 10 the defender would have walked, we got lucky, god knows we deserved it against those spawny cunts.

You are probably right but the referee seemed to be playing safe as he only gave a yellow for Vidic, just like he did for Carragher.

Fuck it. It was only against a proper cunt from a team of pure cunts.

He was a warrior out there, as was Danny Agger which I forgot to mention in my post. So fuckin proud of the lads there, first clean sheat in a while and they battled every breath for it

Fair fucking play mate your posts on here during the week got my spirits up big time.Fucking immense day yesterday.Your optimism was totally justified.

No-nonsense display, pace has never been an asset of his, remember Henry giving him the run a few years back at Anfield. I suppose his real value will be shown when he is no longer playing.

as much as a skrtle-agger partnership excites me, the though of not even having JC as an option scares me. even though its reaching the latter stages of his career he's by no means finished. neither was hyppia.

Because he is covering for others mistakes. Henchoz was relying in Carras abilities all through his years here and, not taking anything from Sami but, Carra made him look better than he was more often then vice versa... (read carefully, think I got it right there)

That's one reason for the amount of "last-ditch" tackles/ blocks he makes

The other is that he is an excellent footballer, brilliant defender and reads the game superbly.

That's one reason for the amount of "last-ditch" tackles/ blocks he makes

The other is that he is an excellent footballer, brilliant defender and reads the game superbly.

Agreed.

For some reason, in the last few years most of Carra's mistakes have been obvious and high-profile clangers. It's been the same with Ferdinand, but that hasn't stopped them both for putting in a majority of superb performances for their respective teams. It's like a bit like with Pepe; you only fully appreciate what he brings to the team when he's not playing.