You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

Blown her mind last night when I told her I'm out with the lads tonight.

When did you arrange this?

Last night (Wednesday) in less than five WhatsApp messages.

Where are you going?

Don't know? 

Who with?

Not 100% but definitely Lee and Glen, couple of others yet to confirm.

What time?

Not sure I just told them I will be in the local pub at 7:30 and we'll go from there.

She can't understand how it's that easy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Where are you going?

Don't know? 

Who with?

What time?

Not sure I just told them I will be in the local pub at 7:30 and we'll go from there.

You going The Croft? Is it still there? Down the Addy maybe?

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Where are you going?

Don't know? 

Who with?

What time?

Other way around would've been 6,592 messages over three months and it would end up being cancelled at tea time tonight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

We’ve developed a bit of a ‘Fish & Chip Friday’ in our house.

Up to now, I pay every week. Four times, three small peas, two breadcakes (yes - that’s what normal people call them) comes to around £27.

The wife said she’d pay tonight if I went and got them. I pay by card, so she said she’d transfer the money. I’ve just received a payment of £15. 

I guess I should be thankful she’s saved me £15. 

Breadcake rep.

• Upvote 1

Breadcake is the most dribblechin name of all the stupid names for a bread roll. I call it a roll or if I am feeling really festive and wild a bread roll, what with its bread roll like features and nature. 

Some fucking Wiganer will be along in a minute spouting it should be called a batter rock or a dough egg or some shit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Breadcake is the most dribblechin name of all the stupid names for a bread roll. I call it a roll or if I am feeling really festive and wild a bread roll, what with its bread roll like features and nature. 

Some fucking Wiganer will be along in a minute spouting it should be called a batter rock or a dough egg or some shit. 

Hahahaha, dough egg. I might try and trick my gf into calling them that (she's Lithuanian).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Where are you going?

Don't know? 

Who with?

What time?

The jokes on you, Glen is a fucking whopper and I have it on good authority that hes been trying to shag your missus for months! 

56 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Hahahaha, dough egg. I might try and trick my gf into calling them that (she's Lithuanian).

You know those dough ball starters you get at pizza express? This is what they should have been called 

23 minutes ago, Champ said:

Because someone’s child sniffed? 

I think there's a touch of that, but there's also the tie in with a load of men being fucking useless, at the very least in the womans mind, and not having any faith in them looking out for the kid(s) if they were ill.

Next on the list of things that need changing about the modern world/father...

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think there's a touch of that, but there's also the tie in with a load of men being fucking useless, at the very least in the womans mind, and not having any faith in them looking out for the kid(s) if they were ill.

Next on the list of things that need changing about the modern world/father...

There’s quite a lot of control freakery involved too

9 minutes ago, Champ said:

There’s quite a lot of control freakery involved too

I get that, C, 'you' grew them and that's something I'll never get and something completely unique.

But, I just don't get the simple cunt husband idiot trope that's peddled out, surely not all men are that fucking dumb and a danger to the life expectancy of their own progeny if left alone with them?

Maybe it's just one of those 'Men are from Mars...'  stereotype nonsense that pollutes progress.

I'm reading a wonderful book at the moment called 'The Life of Dad' which collates quite a limited field of research on the emotional impact and the biology and chemistry of being a Dad. It's interesting to understand some of the differences between Mums and Dads, of all make ups and relationships. It dispels much of the bullshit around "traditional" roles and gives a platform for Dads to be whatever they want to be. 

I'm sat here reading it whilst the wife is out for the first time since the little one arrived and after a full hour of her crying herself to sleep. Fuck being a modern dad.

Mrs _b (not her real name) really struggled to leave us tonight, I had to force her out of the door.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I get that, C, 'you' grew them and that's something I'll never get and something completely unique.

But, I just don't get the simple cunt husband idiot trope that's peddled out, surely not all men are that fucking dumb and a danger to the life expectancy of their own progeny if left alone with them?

Maybe it's just one of those 'Men are from Mars...'  stereotype nonsense that pollutes progress.

I think we’re saying the same thing…in my (limited) experience there are a good proportion of women/mothers who want/need to be in charge of caring for their children and can’t allow themselves to think there might be someone else who could fulfil a caring role in their own way

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Haha, The Croft! Nah mate that was closed years ago, was derelict for years until it mysteriously caught fire.

Ended up in Frodsham, don't remember getting home!

I used to do The Bears Paw and The Golden Lion in Frodsham in times past. The Old Brewery Pale in the Lion would knock me about rotten

16 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Haha, The Croft! Nah mate that was closed years ago, was derelict for years until it mysteriously caught fire.

There’s a craft beer place opened just down from the Cholmondley Arms a couple of weeks ago, did you get in there?

20 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

It’s mad going to Runcorn now and seeing all the old pubs gone. Although the ones where I grew up in Dukesfield and the Old Town ‘Wine Bar’ would surely still be trading after a nuclear blast. 

I was reading about a little craft micro-pub opening up under the arches and I still can’t get my head around it.

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s mad going to Runcorn now and seeing all the old pubs gone. Although the ones where I grew up in Dukesfield and the Old Town ‘Wine Bar’ would surely still be trading after a nuclear blast. 

I was reading about a little craft micro-pub opening up under the arches and I still can’t get my head around it.

Yeah, Society is the craft pub under the arches, great little place that also does ace street food. Pub near it The Devonshire closed a few months ago.

The Wine Bar is a place I have never dared enter, looks proper grim that place.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Yeah, Society is the craft pub under the arches, great little place that also does ace street food. Pub near it The Devonshire closed a few months ago.

The Wine Bar is a place I have never dared enter, looks proper grim that place.

The Dev has closed too? Wow. Been years since I’ve been down there. I used to know the owners and was able to drink in there from the age of 15. 

We used to start at Wetherspoons and the Wine Bar at 9am every week. Wetherspoons for a breakfast and then straight into the Wine Bar where you didn’t have to be very discreet about things. Work our way back along Church St until we were back in Dukey and into each other’s houses after closing time. 

Halcyon days.