You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

43 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Anyone else listen to the Guardian F**tball Weekly podcast this week? 

Absolute fucking belter on there. 

No but I listened to the Harry Redknapp and Paul Merson one yesterday. Superb. 

They had Suzy Wrack on there talking about the womens Euros. 

She said the organisers had made an announcement that fans could take one 500ml bottle of water into the stadium due to the weather but that stewards would remove the lids to the bottles. 

She said she was later sat in the press room talking to the other journos and they were all asking what damage could you do with a bottle lid and it was ridiculous stewards were confiscating bottle lids because you couldn’t throw them far and they’d never hurt anyone. 

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

They do this at the Arena, it is just to make it awkward so you end up buying other ones.

No. 

It’s because a full bottle of liquid with a lid on can be used as a projectile and can be thrown with greater direction and force than an open bottle of liquid. 

11 minutes ago, Strontium said:

They have that same retarded policy at a number of the arenas. They obviously don't understand centrifugal force.

Manchester arena pours the £2.50 bottle of water into a pint pot.  It’s fucking annoying.

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Manchester arena pours the £2.50 bottle of water into a pint pot.  It’s fucking annoying.

They didn't do that 6 weeks ago when I was there, although they did try to confiscate my bottle top. Ridiculous and defeats the entire purpose of having a bottle that you can reseal. I eventually persuaded the server to give it to me after a few furtive glances around, as if we were engaging in a drug deal or something. Can't help feeling that they had badly misjudged the crowd if they think people are going to be lashing missiles at a Pet Shop Boys gig. As Sir Roger says, it's about the money. Chiselling little crooks.

Does anyone else's missus allow their smartphone/watch to make basic decisions for them and influence how they feel? 

I ask her how she slept, she immediately checks her apple watch informing me she only had 30 minutes of deep sleep and spends the rest of the day yawning and moaning about lack of deep sleep. 

The same thing happens the next day, coincidentally the two tired days coincide with the heat wave when I got a bad nights sleep as well, only I don't know my deep sleep timings so can't be as tired. 

I told her to uninstall the app and see how she feels. Miraculously, since then she hasn't been as tired. It's clearly in her head and the watch telling her she didn't sleep well making her feel tired. 

She used to walk on the spot to "fill her rings" (fnar) to get her health targets whilst drinking a glass of wine. 

Burn the smart watches. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Does anyone else's missus allow their smartphone/watch to make basic decisions for them and influence how they feel? 

I ask her how she slept, she immediately checks her apple watch informing me she only had 30 minutes of deep sleep and spends the rest of the day yawning and moaning about lack of deep sleep. 

The same thing happens the next day, coincidentally the two tired days coincide with the heat wave when I got a bad nights sleep as well, only I don't know my deep sleep timings so can't be as tired. 

I told her to uninstall the app and see how she feels. Miraculously, since then she hasn't been as tired. It's clearly in her head and the watch telling her she didn't sleep well making her feel tired. 

She used to walk on the spot to "fill her rings" (fnar) to get her health targets whilst drinking a glass of wine. 

Burn the smart watches. 

+1

Not only does my Mrs live her life by the smartwatch it's also influenced by her 27 year old son.

My wife doesn't sleep well. I make constant suggestions about going to the doctor. She fobs this off with the old "They won't do anything, I've been before and they ignore me". Her lad tells her to go and within five minutes the appointment is booked. She had a meltdown last year because I'd managed to get her an interview at my place for a much better job, better paid etc. Can't through with the interview due to nerves and so on. Golden boy gets her an interview at his place, happily goes through with it while she swerved my place.

I daren't check my blood pressure levels.

Her on the phone to one of her mates who'll almost certainly never see our house as she lives 300 miles away:

"Ooh, yes I meant to tell you, we've changed the colour scheme in our bathroom".

She's bought some green fucking bath towels is what she's done. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...