You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MICHAEL OWEN BROCHURE

Guest simon

Do I remember this right but did Lazio once pay us £1m just to have first option on Owen? 

My mate refuses to believe it and I can’t find anything that says they did pay you never see that kind deal these days as I assume it’s not worth the paper it’s written on. 

55 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Do I remember this right but did Lazio once pay us £1m just to have first option on Owen? 

My mate refuses to believe it and I can’t find anything that says they did pay you never see that kind deal these days as I assume it’s not worth the paper it’s written on. 

He’s worth 1m for his brand values alone. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

A little bit more from a pretend scouser who happened to be one of our best young strikers we've seen. Why the fuck he went to united will always haunt me. @dave u I'll let you comment on this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckttfbZJ5ho

He’s such a wanker. How does he manage to spend so long saying so little before admitting that, on balance, Mbappe is probably better than he was?

I’ve never heard him say a single sentence and come away more enlightened than I was before he opened his mouth. 

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

He’s such a wanker. How does he manage to spend so long saying so little before admitting that, on balance, Mbappe is probably better than he was?

I’ve never heard him say a single sentence and come away more enlightened than I was before he opened his mouth. 

He is a boring bastard but he is top notch at explaining forward movement and finishing. Everything else, dull. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John102 said:

He is an odd character. Despite everything, i reckon he 'loves' the club more than most think.

I think you can tell that when he gets asked Liverpool or Utd, he just wants to say Liverpool, but goes on to give a weird politicians answer. 

The only thing Owen loves is himself. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He was a fucking amazing player for us. After that... Same he got wanked into "brand Owen" 

I agree. And that’s possibly part of why he’ll always talk up his Liverpool days. His club career, in broad terms, went:

•Boy wonder

•One of the best strikers in the world 

•Expensive benchwarmer for the Galacticos

•Expensive injury-prone flop

•Ageing bench warmer

•Stoke. 
Obviously you can argue the toss about these - his goal ratio was decent at Newcastle but the team undoubtedly got worse during his time there and it all ended with relegation and acrimony. But the best parts of his club career were almost all with us. Even his England career went south shortly after he went to Real. 

On 26/10/2023 at 00:25, Bjornebye said:

A little bit more from a pretend scouser who happened to be one of our best young strikers we've seen. Why the fuck he went to united will always haunt me. @dave u I'll let you comment on this. 

I still like him. I don't have any hate in my heart for Michael Owen, despite his best efforts to make himself look unlikeable.

The comment above about him answering questions like a politician instead of from the heart is spot on.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He was a fucking amazing player for us. After that... Same he got wanked into "brand Owen" 

for about 2/3 years he was arguably the best player on the planet and carried that team.

Despite what he said,and even going to utd,I cant bring myself to hate a lad who gave us that magical afternoon in cardif.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, No2 said:

Commentator last night that Mo is looking to be our top scorer for the 7th consecutive season. Not done since Michael Owen. That bit shocked me, I didn't think Owen had 7 seasons, never mind top scorer in them all.

1997/98 to 03/04 inclusive.

I was initially surprised he was top scorer in all of those seasons, but I suppose his opposition for the latter half was Heskey, Diouf and Baros, while Fowler was injured and 3rd choice, for a lot of the first few years. 

4 hours ago, Arniepie said:

for about 2/3 years he was arguably the best player on the planet and carried that team.

Despite what he said,and even going to utd,I cant bring myself to hate a lad who gave us that magical afternoon in cardif.

5 hours ago, dave u said:

I still like him. I don't have any hate in my heart for Michael Owen, despite his best efforts to make himself look unlikeable.

The comment above about him answering questions like a politician instead of from the heart is spot on.

That final was magical. We were shite all game until Owen found space in the last 10. I was right behind the goal pretty much. I love the lad but fucking hell he does my head in. Pick a side. How he can wax lyrical or even compare his time with us to United fries my head 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That final was magical. We were shite all game until Owen found space in the last 10. I was right behind the goal pretty much. I love the lad but fucking hell he does my head in. Pick a side. How he can wax lyrical or even compare his time with us to United fries my head 

yep me 2.

Utterly stole it and payback for 89.

a magical day.

there is certainly an argument he was never feted the way fowler was. 

On 26/10/2023 at 00:25, Bjornebye said:

The best bit about that was when the guy made some reference to the fucking mansion he was in being a result of playing for Liverpool, Madrid and United and Owen just said "no that was Newcastle." Funny as fuck.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1