You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

No bid has yet been made for Luis Suarez according to SSN.

20th Jan and still no movement in the transfer market. Tick follows tock and all that.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if this just means that they haven't agreed a price yet in their discussions and that there actually will be no "bid" per se, but a formal agreement of price once the discussions come to a conclusion.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
NESV havent said a word and now all of a sudden they are talking up all the cash they are going to spend.

Where have they been talking about all the cash they're going to spend? Are you referring to Kenny's interview, or have I missed something big?

Sky are just fuming they've been bumped out the loop.

The rules have changed, strap yourself in and be patient.

First thing we'll here I reckon is a statement on the offal saying a fee has been agreed with so and so about so and so who will know fly to Liverpool to discuss terms and undergo a medical.

Tedious this. I'll be honest I'd be sick if we end up getting gazumped for the player and Ive no idea why because I dont watch Dutch football he could be massively over rated shite but ive invested to much reading time into this player.

Yeah, he'd better be good if we get him.

And shit if we don't.

First thing we'll here I reckon is a statement on the offal saying a fee has been agreed with so and so about so and so who will know fly to Liverpool to discuss terms and undergo a medical.

the way it used, should and will be as long as Kenny is in charge

Have the rules really changed? We've known about this for a fair few days already, and our interest in him even longer. In fact, the one thing we definitely do better than anyone else in the league, is drag out a transfer saga.

Things may well change under NESV, but the attempted signing of Suarez is definitely not an example of this.

Sky are fuming? Is it one individual or everyone from Murdoch to the tea lady?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Have the rules really changed?
Yes, quite clearly.

We've known about this for a fair few days already, and our interest in him even longer.

Yes, because of leaks from their end. They don't know anything about what's happening unless they read it third hand from another country's media sources. Same is true of Babel and Germany.

You forgot "They're just appeasing us and have no intention of spending any money". Not saying this is the case at all, but until we see real action I think we should all learn from the trust we initially gave Hicks and Gillett and just judge them on their actions or inactions.

That is the option I think we are seeing. All of this we're going to spend money is qualified with this "value" word. Depending on your point of view, it could be said not very many signings ever made that represent value, certainly in monetary terms. It's an easy get out of jail card for them when they deliver fuck all. "there was no value in the market, we wanted to get someone, but ajax seemed to want more than 85p for suarez and anything else would have been irresponsible as we need a quid to buy messi in the summer. don't worry the summer will be big".

I hope I am wrong, but I don't get a good feeling off this at all.

That is the option I think we are seeing. All of this we're going to spend money is qualified with this "value" word. Depending on your point of view, it could be said not very many signings ever made that represent value, certainly in monetary terms. It's an easy get out of jail card for them when they deliver fuck all. "there was no value in the market, we wanted to get someone, but ajax seemed to want more than 85p for suarez and anything else would have been irresponsible as we need a quid to buy messi in the summer. don't worry the summer will be big".

bloody hell don't say that Barry. I'm still (probably naively) optimistic.

Yes, quite clearly.

Have your own opinion by all means, but not your own facts.

Yes, because of leaks from their end. They don't know anything about what's happening unless they read it third hand from another country's media sources. Same is true of Babel and Germany.

So everything is from their end?

I haven't seen a constant stream of Dutch newspaper links on here, providing the info (which would normally happen - like the Babel one), instead, it's been in the public domain, and only in the last couple of days as the price is being haggled over, have Ajax really started to brief the press about what kind of offers they deem acceptable.

If I've missed all these stories only eminating from Holland then I'll hold my hands up and say you are right, but until then, I think the jury remains out.

Otherwise, every transfer story that is leaked can be claimed to be solely from the other end of the deal, as we bravely fight to keep info out of the press.

I think that modern media/internetz make it nigh on impossible to keep these things out of the press these days.

But do you really think that if they were going to do that we would have sent scouts over there and Henry and Comolli would have travelled to London to meet with his representatives?

It's seems a bit elaborate if it was just a smokescreen don't you think?

But do you really think that if they were going to do that we would have sent scouts over there and Henry and Comolli would have travelled to London to meet with his representatives?

They might want him but want him cheap. Value keeps being talked about.

It's hard to get players who are proven enough for real value money.

I thought that turned out to be crap in the end? Wasn't it something like, Henry, Comolli and Linda, all went to London to meet Suarez agent, which became, after many take-backs;

Henry and Linda went out for dinner in Liverpool... No Commoli, no agent, no story. Just the daily fail at it again.

Or are you talking about another meeting? I haven't heard of another one, whats the story mate?

I don't think that Barry is right, he might be, but i don't think/hope not. I think the point is that, we are doing this properly, behind closed doors and not talking shite all over the media. I for one am happy about this. We will have to wait and see what happens, but as far as the media are concerned i think all you can realistically take from their crap is that we are in talks with Ajax, and the rest we need to take with a pinch of salt.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So everything is from their end?

Every new piece of information is then parroted by our media, yes. I don't need my own set of facts, I just use the ones that are already there. Every time somebody on twitter - even journos - have come out with new information, you can trace it back to elsewhere.

I mean, wives and family might talk, but that's nothing to do with the new owners. There's clearly - judging by what's said and what's happening - a new, much less informative regime at the club.

TOMMO86 from RAWK is claiming that Ajax have been in touch with Spurs to see if they are interested in Suarez.

If true it looks as we have made an offer that isnt acceptable to Ajax and there trying to get more money from someone else. However I think this will be like the Torres transfer that hw will hold out or Liverpool.

Also Spurs dont need him as he would struggle to get into their team