You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen

RobbieOR

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dog Chaser

A serious tell-tale sign of a summer exit. I think he is just trying to avoid continous questioning from the media regarding his contract. I can only see him signing for Aston Villa.

he is hoping to come back here I think and I would want him on football reasons, although he did piss me off not standing firm when newcastle gazumped us. If we miss out on him and any of our rivals get him in their squad then that will make them stronger and we'd have to find about 20 million to sign someone of his quality and even if we did find that money I think we could spend it on other parts of the team if owen signed for us.

Owen is playing it smart. He'll wait until the summer and if none of the big teams come in for him, or even a shite team that offers huge wages (e.g. Man City), he'll stay with the geordies. But any interest from the top sides or City and he'll be off in the summer.

If Newcastle have any sense they'll look to flog him to the highest bidder in January.

Owen is playing it smart. He'll wait until the summer and if none of the big teams come in for him, or even a shite team that offers huge wages (e.g. Man City), he'll stay with the geordies. But any interest from the top sides or City and he'll be off in the summer.

If Newcastle have any sense they'll look to flog him to the highest bidder in January.

They will have to, you can't let a player decide on the year his contract expires whether or not he signs a new one at the end of the season.

Then again, it is the Geordies.

Guest davelfc

After the crazy money they paid for him and his injuries they'd be mad to keep (trust) him and not try to cash in.

Can't really blame him to be honest. Better to keep your options open and see what offers come in. I don't think it's about money but more about him playing for a better team, possibly the champions league. I don't want him back personally but if it's for free then I wouldn't blame the club for going for him.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Welcome back to the FF Andy.

Fuck, thats what posting after only just getting out of bed does for you

Michael Corleone, that's me that is

Toodle pip

He is a Liverpool Player through and through would also make up the UEFA requirements for home grown players i would have him in an instant back at this club of ours

He gave 100% when playing for us in the past and as long as he played that way again he would be a worthy signing

Dont forget that Torres will be after a bigger contract deal year after year with the top clubs all offering him more than he is getting here you cant always hope that the players love for the team will be enough to keep him here and if the yanks refuse to up his money then he might be forced into leaving even for a world record fee it would be a big loss and we have shown over the last few weeks that we are ;lacking a target man to head the attack. It is my believe that had we had Owen playing for us over the last 6 games we would have had at least another 6 points

I would have him back no problem

He might be trying to make out it's his decision but from what I can see it isn't at all. Kinnear said that he'd spoken to Ashley and pointed out that the money you might be able to get for Owen in January is nothing like the money you can get for holding a decent Premiership position come May, something Owen staying will help.

I think he's bullshitting it and would love to have gone in January but he, for once, doesn't hold the cards so can't fuck over his club.

Shakes head? Why!?

Do you seriously think Owen should get involved in signing a new deal with a club that is in utter turmoil and looks like it wont get near his expectations?

I really think some people want owen to sign another contract with newcastle or any other team except us so they can claim he's 'snubbed us' again.

It all depends on what he wants/is offered elsewhere.

1/2 a season we can pay him his £100k a week & gamble.

If he wants 4 years, he can fuck off.

All the top clubs would offer something similar

Would not be surpised to see Newc's £80k/wk for 4yrs (or over £15m guaranteed) is the best deal

Cue... "i love this club & their fans' support"

Shakes head? Why!?

Do you seriously think Owen should get involved in signing a new deal with a club that is in utter turmoil and looks like it wont get near his expectations?

I really think some people want owen to sign another contract with newcastle or any other team except us so they can claim he's 'snubbed us' again.

No, i shook my head because its wrong what he is doing. Telling them he might sign a new deal when he is clearly not going too. He hasnt got the cojones to tell them he wants to leave because he knows they wont forgive him for the rest of the season.