You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pound for pound, who is Rafa's best signing?

Paul

Best value signing by Rafa  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Best value signing by Rafa

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed there was no option for Garcia - we wouldn't have got near Istanbul wiyout him.

Yeah I think you could make a good case for Luis Garcia. Crucial goals in the CL like you say, and also the FA Cup semi against Chelsea. Then used as makeweight to land Torres.

I guess he was a bit inconsistent in the league though.

Really tough choice between Pepe and Torres.

Pepe has been a world class keeper and for peanuts really. He has kept us in many, many games, given that he doesn't have to do a lot for most of them but even though he was £20m, Torres sneaks it. It seemed like a bit of a gamble at the time given that some people were questioning whether he was a good enough finisher as there were plenty of stories going around that he needed 3 or 4 chances to score 1 but he has shown that he is the dogs bollocks.

He has completely blown us all away with what he has done, and transformed us from also rans to possible title contenders He has also taken a weight of Gerrard's shoulders as he now isn't our only match winner.

1. Torres

2. Pepe

3. Masch

For me it`s Skrtel, pound for pound. Torres is in my eyes going to be a Liverpool legend and I love the guy, Pepe is in my opinion one of the two best keepers in the world , his Spanish team mate being the other but when I watch Skrtel I would put him in the 15 - 20 £ million bracket now and considering that we only payed 6 .5 M £ for him less than a year ago that for me makes him a great pound for pound buy.

I went for Torres. A £20m bargain. I don't think there's a better forward in the world at the moment and he's probably worth treble that now. He's actually transformed us as an attacking side as well.

Honourable mention for Pepe as well. Fantastic piece of business. £6m for arguably the best keeper in the country and an invaluable asset to the side.

How can Dossena be his best pound for pound buy hes played 5 games.take your childish statements elseware

Its nando BTW.Best striker in the world for 20 million quid.

Haha it was a joke mate, consideing how much we have paid pr pound for Dossena so far.

Right now, it looks like Torres obviously, because he makes the headlines- justifiably so- but for me it has to be Reina.

He's fucking outstanding, what is it, three consecutive clean sheet/ golden gloves awards? Amazing. I wasn't surprised that Tommy Smith put Pepe on the bench in his Liverpool Dream Team, second only behind Clemence, beacuse I firmly believe that Reina is second only to him in our history. Fucking brilliant 'keeper, and a superb passer of a football.

So I reckon, top three- Reina, Torres, Luis Garcia- simply because of the importance of some his goals and performances, especially in the CL run.

But then again, there have been many more fantastic Rafa signings, like Xabi, Agger and Mascherano. Quite a tough call really.

Voted Torres but only because its the first time since Rafa took over that you thought the main striker could score in every game he plays.

Pepe is fast becoming the best in the league,Danny Agger and Skrtle are the future so they are massive singings and then mascher is the best at what he does so another top singing.

Give the Dosser a bit of time he wasn't bad for the Iti,s tonight and we can only hope that Keane just keeps playing the standerd he has been for the last few seasons.