You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Forgotten how good this track is and the video really shows Henry as a promising (b-movie) actor back in the day.

There used to be a highly strung person at work who shared a passing resemblance to Rollins.

When this guy got stressed and went red, I always thought of this video. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Scott_M said:

How was it? 

Good....2 different sets. I ended up having to stay out near the Arena first night as it was Kings Day so public transport was somewhat iffy, after that I decamped to Amsterdam City Centre. They opened with Orion which was great on Night 1, Ktulu Night 2. They played well both nights and unlike the last couple of times I saw them they kept the momentum going in that there werent lots of dead periods between songs while they changed the guitars for different tuning etc etc, Im not sure I will do any more stadium shows, you are still quite far away from the action even paying for expensive seats, but I'm glad I did it.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Good....2 different sets. I ended up having to stay out near the Arena first night as it was Kings Day so public transport was somewhat iffy, after that I decamped to Amsterdam City Centre. They opened with Orion which was great on Night 1, Ktulu Night 2. They played well both nights and unlike the last couple of times I saw them they kept the momentum going in that there werent lots of dead periods between songs while they changed the guitars for different tuning etc etc, Im not sure I will do any more stadium shows, you are still quite far away from the action even paying for expensive seats, but I'm glad I did it.

Nice. Glad you enjoyed it.

I’ve posted a couple of videos above, which are good, and I’ve seen some fan ones which are decent as well (why you’d just stand videoing the whole thing, I don’t know…).

I’ve looked at the set lists, although good, they lean too much into their 80’s catalogue, IMO. I know they are the most fan favourite albums, anything past the Black Album (minus 72 seasons) seem under represented. 

I’d like to see them drop The Unforgiven, Leper Messiah, Ride The Lightening, Harvester Of Sorrow, Fuel (I realise that’s more recent-ish) & some other deep cuts (I’d be happy them dropping Enter Sandman but I realise that won’t happen) and play All Nightmare Long, Spit Out The Bone, Hardwired, Outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me, even a couple from St Anger… if they are play 36 songs across 2 nights, there is more than enough space for “classic” Metallica and “merely very, very good” Metallica. IMO, every album should be represented on both nights.

34 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Nice. Glad you enjoyed it.

I’ve posted a couple of videos above, which are good, and I’ve seen some fan ones which are decent as well (why you’d just stand videoing the whole thing, I don’t know…).

I’ve looked at the set lists, although good, they lean too much into their 80’s catalogue, IMO. I know they are the most fan favourite albums, anything past the Black Album (minus 72 seasons) seem under represented. 

I’d like to see them drop The Unforgiven, Leper Messiah, Ride The Lightening, Harvester Of Sorrow, Fuel (I realise that’s more recent-ish) & some other deep cuts (I’d be happy them dropping Enter Sandman but I realise that won’t happen) and play All Nightmare Long, Spit Out The Bone, Hardwired, Outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me, even a couple from St Anger… if they are play 36 songs across 2 nights, there is more than enough space for “classic” Metallica and “merely very, very good” Metallica. IMO, every album should be represented on both nights.

One for the shitness of modern life.  Pay between £80 & £150 (if not more) to go to a concert and spend the whole night filming it on your phone instead of enjoying yourself.   

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

One for the shitness of modern life.  Pay between £80 & £150 (if not more) to go to a concert and spend the whole night filming it on your phone instead of enjoying yourself.   

Yep. I’m sure that people won’t enjoy looking back on those shitty little videos as much as they would actually enjoying themselves at the time. 

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Its up there with getting completely shitfaced before the band come on then spending the duration lurching about in your seat or going backwards and forwards to the bog. I dont know why they bother.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/05/2023 at 21:52, Scott_M said:

There used to be a highly strung person at work who shared a passing resemblance to Rollins.

When this guy got stressed and went red, I always thought of this video. 

I've a lot of time for Henry. His recent spoken word show in town was excellent, as they usually are

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...