You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...

Been on a Beatles, Steely Dan, late 60’s to early 70’s Americana groove recently. However this morning I had one these guys tunes in my head and it won’t shift.

One of the maddest, headfuck’s of a band that I can only describe as Hammer Horror on Heroin. 

I give to you Virus, and ‘Rogue Fossil’

On 02/11/2021 at 12:25, Dynamite said:

Enjoying the new Mastodon album, Hushed & Grimm.

Crack the Skye is still my favourite album by Mastodon, but this has a nice groove to it.

I’m struggling with it. I’m finding it a bit, dunno, boring? I need to listen to it at an ear splitting level first before I can fully decide. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2022 at 06:41, Scott_M said:

Always like this thread being bumped…

Anyway, Ghost’s new album is a good. I thought they were a bit hit & miss before this album, but this is definitely more hit…

Big fan of Ghost. New album is good, though I do prefer Meliora. Favourite track is Rats from Prequelle. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I didn’t realise they played Manchester Arena on Saturday night.

Just checked their site - Got 2 more gigs in the UK before heading off to mainland Europe. Tomorrow in Glasgow and Friday in Birmingham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On my way to Tool tonight. 

Despite feeling dreadful, not being able to drive because the car has a flat battery (I’m useless with cars, it’s not worth the risk of it not starting on the way home), I couldn’t get a taxi because of Eid, I won’t be getting home until 1am as had to get the train, I’m missing Villarreal to go to this, oh and I feel absolutely horrific…

…I’m greatly excited about the prospect of this evenings events. 

• Upvote 1

@Allan

I quite like the new Rammstein album but I know it’s going to fall into same trap as virtually every Rammstein album has done - I’ll listen to it half a dozen times, I’ll enjoy it, I’ll never listen to it again, every time a song comes on shuffle I’ll crank it up, I’ll never follow it up by revisiting their stuff.

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

@Allan

I quite like the new Rammstein album but I know it’s going to fall into same trap as virtually every Rammstein album has done - I’ll listen to it half a dozen times, I’ll enjoy it, I’ll never listen to it again, every time a song comes on shuffle I’ll crank it up, I’ll never follow it up by revisiting their stuff.

My favourite live band - so good. Till has such a stage presence. The pyro is not to be sniffed at either.

Enjoy Tool - cracking band. Only ever seen them live once, and that was when they headlined the Friday at Download way back in 2006. (My very first Download).

• Upvote 1