You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

crap in Dublin as well, i got stuck on a stretch of motorway earlier for 2 hours, and only travelled about 5 mile, i had to wait 45 minutes to get off at a junction to turn around, all because a road was flooded, in this day and age, you`d think countries, like ours, that get so much bloody rainfall could with stand a bit of rain

crap in Dublin as well, i got stuck on a stretch of motorway earlier for 2 hours, and only travelled about 5 mile, i had to wait 45 minutes to get off at a junction to turn around, all because a road was flooded, in this day and age, you`d think countries, like ours, that get so much bloody rainfall could with stand a bit of rain

Shit , man i like really feel your pain . Now wish me luck as i try to find the fridge for a last beer !

WHY? cant you get out of it?

no, would of upset too many kids, but got it down to one night, the wind was strong enough to break the poles through the night. Managed to stay semi up right through the rest of the night. Pulling a tent down in the rain is shit though.

Fucking hell. What a brave soul you are! Mind you, when I stay semi up during the night, I have to sleep on me back.

that could cause some complications.

It wasn't so bad, could of been worse. 50 tents had gone in the bin the night before. park the car in the direction of the wind, in front of the tent, add a wind breaker, its if a gust gets you from another direction your fucked.

• 2 months later...

Im bumping this cause im fucked off with the weather, had to do an extra 30 min going around flooded roads today.

its been dry on and off most of the week, then we get to the weekend and we have this, same last weekend too... fucking climate changes.

summer2008phone140.jpg?t=1223751422

Edited by melons

yeah, its not this weekend im camping though.. ner, next time is the end of season one... yeah, i'm still not done for the year.

Seriously considering if child free pissing off to the far north of Scotland for new year.. can you see the northern lights from there in the winter?

• 5 years later...

thought our windows were going to break last night. I live right next to the solent and i've never seen or heard wind like last night. sat up from 4 till 5 watching out the window, stuff flying everywhere and how the trees near us have stayed up is a miracle. I was certain I wasn't going to wake up in kansas anymore 

thought our windows were going to break last night. I live right next to the solent and i've never seen or heard wind like last night. sat up from 4 till 5 watching out the window, stuff flying everywhere and how the trees near us have stayed up is a miracle. I was certain I wasn't going to wake up in kansas anymore

Wow! Feeling properly left out here. All we've got is a nice drying wind. Love a bit of weather, me

In Hampshire this end, its been shit.

Bit of rain, bit of wind. No way justified me securing our guttering Saturday evening. Feel a bit disappointed by it all.

Briefly woke me up this morning, that's it.

Wasted an hour of drinking time doing that guttering. The bastards.