You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Action is meant to be -ok-, Bale is meant to be pretty bad in it and being shown up for his lack of range again, the other guy is meant to be pretty good too.

Story is awful though, worse than T3.

Why they gave this film to McG and some no talent hack writers..

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Action is meant to be -ok-, Bale is meant to be pretty bad in it and being shown up for his lack of range again, the other guy is meant to be pretty good too.

Story is awful though, worse than T3.

Why they gave this film to McG and some no talent hack writers..

You not seen many Bale films or Nolan Batman's then?

I'm not saying he is a bad actor, but when it comes to action films he is pretty terrible, he wasn't fantastic as Batman either - his Bat voice was fucking awful, he did a decent Bruce Wayne but that was it.

And neither of the guys who have written this were involved in Batman.

Huge plotholes don't make a film poor and I don't think they could have gone anywhere else with the movies. I don't know why I'm defending it as it has to earn the right to that, it's made by a hack director and taking on a film series that is one of sci-fi's greatest. I just, I dunno, I really want it to be good and then for a sequel, get some proper production talent on board.

I want every film to fail so Star Trek will look good.

But the story is fucking horrible, and the action is meant to be pretty good but nothing amazing. It isn't doing well at the Box Office either, with a 200m budget as well.

I feel pretty good that Star Trek is one of the few revivals that has actually been good, like really good after Indy 4. I also won't be seeing Transformers 2 or buying the DVD because of that Shia LaBeouf fag.

There was also an ending that was supposed to be pretty god damn good, but they cut it out because they wanted it to be a new trilogy about the Machine War. It sounds like they've taken a lot of ideas from new BSG too, which is pretty cool considering the ending to BSG.

The problem is that The Matrix has done the best (and worst) of the Machines vs Humans thing, I don't think Terminator can top it.

There was also an ending that was supposed to be pretty god damn good, but they cut it out because they wanted it to be a new trilogy about the Machine War. It sounds like they've taken a lot of ideas from new BSG too, which is pretty cool considering the ending to BSG.

The problem is that The Matrix has done the best (and worst) of the Machines vs Humans thing, I don't think Terminator can top it.

Have you seen it?

None of you know what it's like working with actors, I'm not asking I'm telling, do you want me to fucking trash your lights? You're all nice guys, you're nice guys, but that don't cut it when you're all bullshitting and fucking around like this on threads. Seriously, we're fuckin done professionally.

None of you know what it's like working with actors, I'm not asking I'm telling, do you want me to fucking trash your lights? You're all nice guys, you're nice guys, but that don't cut it when you're all bullshitting and fucking around like this on threads. Seriously, we're fuckin done professionally.

It's fucking DIIIIISSSSSTTTTRRRRAAAACCCTTTTIIINNNGGGGGG!!!!!

There is an interview with McG in SFX magazine. To be fair to the guy he didn't come across as a cock, and its obvious he's trying to break away from his Charlie's Angels image and obviously wants to produce something people will love. But having the intention, and having the talent to see it through are two different things. We'll soon see.

Saw it last night....My reaction when leaving the cinema was a simple "...meh". Not terrible, not brilliant, just....meh.

The action was actually pretty tame from the start...Even the way Bale shot the first Terminator was, for me, pretty "...meh". I don't know whether it was poor editing, sound effects or something else but the action sequences didn't really jump out at me as much as i expected. Character development was pretty poor between many of the characters and I thought that the dialogue was pretty cheesy.

Ohh ffs i was really looking forward to seeing this and hoped it would be hardcore like T2 but it sounds shit. It sounds as bad as T3. Gutted Why do hollywood always have to fucking ruin something great. Really how hard can it be to make a terminator film that is hardcore and a 18?

[YOUTUBE]GoPCbwVvT-U[/YOUTUBE]

There is an interview with McG in SFX magazine. To be fair to the guy he didn't come across as a cock, and its obvious he's trying to break away from his Charlie's Angels image and obviously wants to produce something people will love. But having the intention, and having the talent to see it through are two different things. We'll soon see.

How can anybody who calls themself 'McG' not be a one million per cent shiny, veiny bellend?

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it today and have to say was very pleasently suprised, impressed even. Really wasn't expecting to be at all if I'm honest and didn't really have high hopes for it but I really enjoyed it. Action sequences were great as expected, a bit of a cheesy cameo by a certain individual, but a good watch.

Also just to leave you with a great name and a great face, Moon Bloodgood...

moon-bloodgood-8.jpg

Surely not her real name??