You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be worse than Terminator 3.

According to a mate who saw it last night, it makes Terminator 3 look like The Godfather.

I don't know if he meant that the new robot had puffy cheeks, slicked back hair and a pencil moustache but I'm taking it as a criticism.

Mind you he also expects [part of sentence removed due to neg-inviting reference to 'F'] come the end of 2009/10, so that shows what the fuck he knows about anything.

Guest davelfc

Went to see it earlier, loved it. I might go again. Won't go into details on the film as I do not want to ruin it for others but as good as Terminator II for me. I hated III

Just go out from seeing it. Ok, it's certainly not perfect, but I did enjoy it.

There are some very good action scenes and for the most part, it makes sense.

There are also a couple of nice nods to 1 & 2, although the 12a rating bottled one at the end.

All in all, decent.

Duno what peoples problem is with it, the first and second were out there mostly because they had ground breaking effects for thier time, bit harder now as every other film uses special effects, especially action films.

Story was good and led on from the third (which was shite but the premise of the story was good i thought) and hopefully on to the other alleged sequels/prequels whatever you want to call them. Minds you im not an Uber film critic like some and when i go to see an action film i expect to see action and a reasonable story, both which i thought it delivered on.

Went to see it yesterday and though it was really good, the story line was solid and the actions scenes were excellent. There were also a couple of nice nods to terminator 1 and 2 in there. Could be a tad confusing if you think too much about the time lines of 1 and 2, but once I stopped myself from doing that it was all good. A solid 7.5 out of 10 for me. Not quite the reinventing the wheel that Batman begins was, but bloody good all the same.

I also think John Connor is a terrible fucking character, we have been told he is the saviour of humanity through out the Terminator series. We get to the future war finally and he still hasn't done SHIT other than give useless advice out on the radio. He is just another soldier.

If youd watched the first one properly or knew the story then youd know kyle rhys gets sent back with arnie just before they destroy skynet as rhys is sent through. It was about to be destroyed by the resistence, led by connor, when it sends arnie through to kill his mother thus avoid him being born and leading the resistence to future victory

So why were they trying to kill him again since they don't know that unless they're a multi-dimensional machine?

So you know in T2 and T3 when Connor and his mother twice tried to destroy/shutdown cyberdyne and later skynet before it got going, that it doesnt know about that OR the fact that 2 previous Terminators had been sent back? After T2 they delayed judgment day which eventually happened in T3 when skynet was launched anyway locking it into every computer system in the world.

Obviously they don't know that, the place went up in flames and no one knew about John Connor cause they were all dead.

Only Skynet from the future know about it.

I wouldn't try and explain the time paradox that occurs in the Terminator movies.

It was pretty simple until T3.

Obviously they don't know that, the place went up in flames and no one knew about John Connor cause they were all dead.

Only Skynet from the future know about it.

It was pretty simple until T3.

So the entirety of it was located in that one building? You see in T3 that it was a military project after the US A-F bought what was left of cyberdyne systems and the remainder of thier research after T2. Not all the research/data was stored in the one building despite what Sarah connor thought. Judgment day was set for 1997 and was delayed a decade by the destruction of the cyberdyne building in T2. There are books set inbetween T2 and T3, Sarah connor chronicles. You dont need to read these unless your going to ask the kind of questions your asking which the majority of people wouldnt bother with and assume about, id be pretty sure there might be slight plot holes in your beloved Star Trek but i wouldnt go out my way to do a hatchet job on them and want the ins and out of it explaining to me.

Despite the fact the previous Terminators existed before the time in Salvation and even before skynet was built, which had the distinct orders to kill JOHN CONNOR the future leader of the resistance. For fucks sake the TX in T3 communicates with skynet through its phone when its locating his future bird and Connor himself.

Not being funny if you cant understand any of what Ive wrote or the story itself then i give up, you just look thick criticizing it when you cant even follow the plot