You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that he is only going to be in the first film (This is planned as a trilogy I think) for about 20 mins.

Think it's longer than that (it has to be) but the film will focus on a character called Marcus, Kyle Reese is in it as well.

Just can't see it being anywhere near the first two films, theirs been too many reboots of the story, the director looks like he wants to be a Michael Bay clone, and it's going to be a relatively kid friendly action flick.

I disagree dude. There's a really great backstory (forestory really) in the first two Terminator movies, that could really, really be explored well if done correctly. My bone of contention is that in T2 they stopped Judgement Day, it didn't happen. To undo that so flagrantly and continue as they did with T3 is to undermine the epic struggle of the characters within that film.

I always liked the apocalypse as a spectre in the background, the foreboding threat and the ultimate price of failure. To now just fling us headlong into it just means that it really isn't a Terminator movie as we know it, I think to see snippets of the possible future is more exciting than actually being there. The Matrix did this years ago and look what happened there.

The only standard in these movies has be the Governator but now it's just a brand new franchise with familiar names and locations.

I'm not sold on this at all, like you I was happy with just one and two, and three was a massive let down. If you can't get the King of the World to come back to the series I'd leave well alone.

I agree that it may be interesting if done right and Nolan being onboard interests me more but I'm a long way from being sold.

I always liked the apocalypse as a spectre in the background, the foreboding threat and the ultimate price of failure. To now just fling us headlong into it just means that it really isn't a Terminator movie as we know it, I think to see snippets of the possible future is more exciting than actually being there. The Matrix did this years ago and look what happened there.

The only standard in these movies has be the Governator but now it's just a brand new franchise with familiar names and locations.

I'm not sold on this at all, like you I was happy with just one and two, and three was a massive let down. If you can't get the King of the World to come back to the series I'd leave well alone.

I agree that it may be interesting if done right and Nolan being onboard interests me more but I'm a long way from being sold.

I wouldn't want them to do it, I didn't want them to do 3. But they are doing it and we might as well get used to it. The best we can hope for is that they do it right. It sounds like they're getting it right.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm glad it was that bad I never watched it. Apparently it shits all over the film storylines. I hate it when they do that to make some money out of some third rate spin off series.

You might as well have a one off special in the Crinkly Bottom house with Sarah Connor having all the characters to christmas dinner and getting up to answer the door midway through where a 'suprise guest' turns out to be "Now who could that be", "It's the T-1000, surprise bitch, Sarah Connor?" Before blowing a bowl of spagetthi in the side of her hed then sitting down to tuck into Xmas lunch and kissing Spiderman under the mistletoe.

Hilarious and sure to get the viewing figures and rake in loads from the adverts but what is the point?