You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Watched The Dark Knight again, 9/10

There's no way I can give it a ten, with one of the main reasons being when Rachel falls for a mile, but is.....wrapped up in Batmans cloak? And they land on a car, she doesn't have a scratch on her and turns around to calmly say "Let's not do that again."

Why the fuck did they add that into the film? Apart from that, a classic.

Goodnight and Good Luck. 7/10

Good film with a powerful message, I imagine it would have had greater impact had I seen it at the height of Bush's power, when it was released though.

Never less that an 8.5 Section; never I tell you.

Re-watched The Dark Knight last nigt and it confirmed that I don't think I overrated it the first time. One of the all time great films featuring one of the all time great performances.

I allowed my missus to choose the last two films we watched. First one was What Happens In vegas. If I'm honest it is a bit of a girlie film in a hidden agenda kind of way, but I did laugh at much of it. I'll give it a 6.5 as it is a love story type flick. And the second film we watched was Madagascar 2. And I'll be honest I enjoyed it, mainly because of the Penguin's and Monkey's. They are the best collective set of characters in an animation film I have seen (Not taking into account Manga and such films) I'll give the penguin's and monkeys a 10 and the film a 7.

Wall-E.

6/10

Heard loads of people pactically wanking off about how this was so was well keen to watch it.

The animation was amazing. But I've had way too much sex in my life to dig animation that much. Besides, there were times when it was SO amazing that I wondered what the fucking point of making it "animated" was!

If you want something to look as real life as possible then why not just lay off 30 or 40 animators and special effect people and send me out with a fucking camcorder??

Animation is supposed to be magical and unreal, isn't it?

Johnny 5 from Short Circuit (basically the exact same robot) was more loveable because he was real (ISH!)

Wall-e is basically Johnny 5's sad animated, retard cousin.

The story, whilst in a way "poignant" and "forboding" blah blah, was basically just another cliched "isn't man evil, and won't you please think of the earth" load of tosh.

If I was 7 or a virgin then I'd have fucking loved this movie. But I just liked it. Just.

Dark Knight - 8/10

Sublime script, shot brilliantly and well casted all round.

Dead or aive, never in a million years is Ledger's performance an Oscar nomination. He played a great part but the script was so good it would have been hard not to, really.

Hancock - 5.5789/10

Started very promisingly and got a few laughs out of me. But after about 30-40 minutes, when that woman got involved, the whole shebang just went downhill.

Dark Knight - 8/10

Sublime script, shot brilliantly and well casted all round.

Dead or aive, never in a million years is Ledger's performance an Oscar nomination. He played a great part but the script was so good it would have been hard not to, really.

QUOTE]

Sorry Tom, I disagree. I've read the script, and a lot of things that made Ledger's performance stand out (e.g. him mouthing 'six' in false horror at the number of police he'd killed... and the way he just skips playfully out of the hospital before he blows it up) weren't in there.