You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Derby County

m0e

I liken it to building a house. You lay the foundations first, ensure you have a solid base and a robust roof before you start to acquire the chandelier and the marble staircase. Rafa has built the base of a very good squad which isn't quite good enough yet. With the addition of a couple of flair players and some defensive additions, we'll have a mansion. People were expecting a feast when we didn't even have a cooker.

Hiring the firm of Torres, Babel and Benayoun in the summer would be the start of that particular phase of construction. Rafa just needs further planning permission. Whether or not he is retained as the main architect on the project is up to the American financiers.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking for myself, I don't think there is an issue about the fact that Rafa hasn't strengthened the squad. It's clear to see from andyfm's post (which is very good) that the squad has improved but the issue for me remains about how Rafa uses the players.

Do you mean tactics or rotation or both? I've only just come back to the forum after a time away so I am playing catchup on all the longtermers current opinions.

Oi, watch it!

He went to Portsmouth and played initially. He doesn't anymore, don't know if he is/has been injured or what.

After a quick google style investigation, I can confirm that physioroom does not report him as injured and Portsmouth claim him in their squad, where he has made 14 appearances since he signed from Charlton in January.

Not being able to nail down a spot at either Charlton or Portsmouth rather supports my opinion of his talent. But I will try and remember him for the goalline clearance in Istanbul, Captain!

After a quick google style investigation, I can confirm that physioroom does not report him as injured and Portsmouth claim him in their squad, where he has made 14 appearances since he signed from Charlton in January.

Not being able to nail down a spot at either Charlton or Portsmouth rather supports my opinion of his talent. But I will try and remember him for the goalline clearance in Istanbul, Captain!

Traore is yet another player who has Willy Mackay as his agent and has been signed by Harry Redknapp.