You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reading match thread

Brownie

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A disgrace. This thread that is. How many of you were on the Rafa march?

I've said for months now that we'll never win the title under benitez,feel no different today,and certainly don't feel his behaviour and petulance in recent weeks changes that

or a yellow away from a red card even with gerrard ?? if he was worried about either of them missing the manc game then why play them .both could easily have been rested if the mancs was his motivation

But Reina, Carra, Gerrard and Torres are the spine of the team they MUST play every game and we'll win the league, what message does it send out if we didn't play two of the 4?

Carra was one yellow from a ban.

Gerrard had a yellow but I think a second yellow then a red means his suspension would start after the Utd game but he went of injured anyway.

The neutrals on R5 are suggesting that Liverpool were up against it from the minute the team selection was announced. I agree. Alan Green was saying how poor Sissoko is, and what a waste of an opportunity this was, and I agree. A serious misjudgment by Benitez today.

That's not a disgrace Cath, that's the truth. And I sung Rafa's name all night that night, thank you. But if people are so blinkered or slimingly sycophantic that they can't accept a realistic appraisal of this performance, then they're not worth listening to.

The Mancs lost to Bolton, Arse drew at Newcastle. It's early December.

That was...uh...weird. We should have beaten Reading with ease but somehow we got done 3-1 and everyone's going to be up in arms because of the substitutions.

I chalk Readings first two goals up to luck. That penalty clearly wasn't one and if one small club manager whinges that 'you never get decisions against the big clubs' then this match proves that theory is wrong. Riise was awful for their third and if he couldn't even catch that Reading lad then what could is he?We didn't play that badly though. We lost momentum when Torres went off but still managed to hit the bar and post after that.

I can't understand the Gerrard and Carra subs. I backed Rafa after the Everton game but he made a rod for his own back tonight when subbed Gerrard. Whether he decided that the game was gone is up for debate but I hope that wasn't the case as no game should be given up. If Gerrard was injured, he didn't look like he was injured when he walked off and his body language was more anger than disappointment. I thought Voronin was awful also. He's either good or bad, there seems to be no middle ground.

The unbeaten streak is gone in the most bizarre circumstances and what happens now is anyone's guess. We have to pull together for the Marseilles game but tonight could have been avoided. Bad luck with the Torres injury, their first and second goals plus us hitting the bar coupled with some poor performances from some players did us tonight. Rafa didn't help with the wrong subs at the wrong times either.

Backing Rafa against two American cunts who wanted to sack him due to a disagreement over transfers, and wanting him gone if he doesn't challenge for the league title are two entirely different things.

Why?

The Americans think things should happen a certain way, you think things should happen a certain way, Rafa obviously disagrees.

If they aren't qualified to make demands on Rafa off the field despite owning the club then you sure as hell aren't qualified to make demands on it.

The Mancs lost to Bolton, Arse drew at Newcastle. It's early December.

Aye...

But they didnt fuck about with the system...

Rafa had everyones support against porto...

But what was he playing at tonight..Starting with crouch on the left, playing 2 holding midfielders against reading, taking gerrard off with 20mins to go..

I would say rafa hasnt done himself any favours tonight.

Time to get behind rafa and the team. We need 100% in the next two games from everyone: manager, players and fans.

Today was clearly a bad day and Rafa obviously made some mistakes. I think given the wider issue with the owners that Rafa needs our suport right now. If we win the next two games things will look better. If we lose them I don't want to think about what would happen. So let's make sure we do our part. 100% behind Rafa and the team. They need us.