You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jeremy Clarkson

Slam Daniels

• 10 months later...

My comment is probably more about Top Gear than Clarkson but he was one of the main protagonists in turning it from an interesting Motoring Magazine type show into just a vehicle for him and his mates to show off on a grand scale on license payers money.

It was a show that concentrated on things like Car Technology,Car Safety,Current Motoring News and which cars would be released onto the market and how they compared to others in the same price or style range. That's what I think a show like Top Gear should be,more like Mike Brewer does on Discovery Channels.

Now Top Gear should just be renamed 'Top Twat' as that's what it has mostly become,another victim of style over substance I suggest.

My comment is probably more about Top Gear than Clarkson but he was one of the main protagonists in turning it from an interesting Motoring Magazine type show into just a vehicle for him and his mates to show off on a grand scale on license payers money.

As a licence payer, I wish they made more television like this, ie shows that actually turn a profit from being sold around the world.

Guest davelfc

I've gone off the show, I think it's gone stale. I have never liked Hammond at all, May irritates me but Clarkson I can live with. I don't know him personally and never will so cannot comment on the man himself in that respect. He knows his stuff (as mentioned earlier) and at least has some background in journalism, says what he thinks and doesn't appear to care what people think.

A far cry from the plastic, perfect, very PC, no nothing pricks that seem to be on the TV all of the time. I don't always agree with him but then I wasn't aware that I had to.

I like him.

• Upvote 1

He's ok Clarkson, doesn't pretend to be anything he's not, he knows his cars and he's good at what he does, May is sound as well. However, the main problem with Top Gear the one and only reason why I will never be able to watch it, and i've sad it before, Is Hammonds hair;

richard-hammond.jpg

It's just atrcoious, an abomination, in fatc, I don't even know what it is, get this fella in the men who look like old lesbians thread.

hair-gel.jpg

• 2 years later...