You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

15 minutes ago, John102 said:

To be fair to Ibou, he was played a few days ago and was scissored by some no mark. 

The decision to play him against Sheffield Utd remains bizarre to me.

I thought that on Thursday, and assumed that Quansah would be starting today. And in fairness he had a decent enough game in the cup defeat.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

I suppose all the talk is and will be about the mancs injuries - despite us having just as many out and key men too.

Agreed. The absence of Thiago could be very prejudicial. 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That could pose a huge problem going forward...

If Ibou can't play Thursday Sunday then it appears he's now the Thursday player.

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Can we convince Nunez that Willy Kambwala plays for Burnley?

Don't know much about him but when he came on against Chelsea Maguire moved to the left. He's so fucking slow Bradley and Mo have to be taking advantage of that. He hasn't started the 2 previous games for good reason.

50 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Got bad vibes about this. 

Don't get me wrong, if we play with smart heads and with an element of control to the game, then we can beat these fairly comfortably. 

But, I’ve a couple of concerns. 

One is that the crowd is up for it straight away and we repeat our tendency to start slow. Against them at Old Trafford, we could be punished for it more than we were against Sheffield United etc. 

Another concern is that we play it like the cup game. An end to end, frantic game, in which we fail to really control the midfield and take the sting out of the game when needed. 

Then, there’s the officials too. 

I think we’ll probably need to win all our remaining games to take the title. It’s a big ask. 

Just give it our best and don’t put ourselves in a position where we have any regrets come the end of the season. I’m still not going all in on title talk until there’s 3 or 4 games left. I’ve got a feeling of resignation that those ludicrous decisions at Spurs and against Arsenal and City will come back to haunt us. The points swing that we missed out on if the penalty calls were given against the latter two genuinely make me feel a little bit sick. 

This is another cup game whether it's actually in the league or not. We enjoyed fucking them in 92 to stop them winning the league and they will be trying to fuck us up on our run in to hand the initiative back to our rivals. We have to realise that they have a lot less to lose while we have a hell of a lot more. I hate these games when I should enjoy them.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Maguire will do something clumsy in the area that we should - but won't - get a pen for.

If this happens I'll blame you and not the Altricham fan Babbsy lad.

9 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Don't know much about him but when he came on against Chelsea Maguire moved to the left. He's so fucking slow Bradley and Mo have to be taking advantage of that. He hasn't started the 2 previous games for good reason.

Thought his name was Harry 

Why the fuck in ostensibly in one of the biggest games of the season are we not selecting one of the best centre halves in the league?

If the medical and coaching teams knew he couldn't do two games in a week then why was he played on Thursday night?

Truly bizarre shooting of ourselves in the foot, tired of how badly we manage his fitness.

1 minute ago, Moctezuma said:

Why the fuck in ostensibly in one of the biggest games of the season are we not selecting one of the best centre halves in the league?

If the medical and coaching teams knew he couldn't do two games in a week then why was he played on Thursday night?

Truly bizarre shooting of ourselves in the foot, tired of how badly we manage his fitness.

Is it how we're managing his fitness or how we're prioritising his game time?

We didn't have to play him against Sheffield Utd knowing Todays game was next.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

In fairness, one game at a time and all that. Maybe they were expecting an aerial onslaught?

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

I think it's precautionary Konate got scissored on Thursday night and was down for a while from it,maybe he's still feeling it a bit.