You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) - Sun 31st Mar 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Has to be a manc, that cunt. 

I don't think he's a manc. He's just the most extreme doom merchant I've ever seen. Jokes aside he should probably get help if he really does feel that negative towards things.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

We can't kill games on the counter attack because we're totally shorn of pace. 

Doak and Gordon are as big a miss as Jota in games like these.  Would be brilliant to be able to bring a rapid attacker off the bench, but no, not us.

Cannot actually process our injury list this season.  It's been incredible really. 

Yet here we are....

Imagine a full squad for these last 8 or 9 games.

Three points, all that matters of course, what a vital win that was!!

Brighton seem to know how to play against us, and create plenty every single time. They’re decent om the break, good at set pieces and also very good at using the space behind our DM. 

That said they were far from good defensively, and we had enough opportunities to score at least four or five today. Salah alone should hava had at least three or four, we had plenty of chances and with better decision making we would’ve had even more. A bkt like the cup match at Old Trafford actually, we had plenty of opportunities to kill them off, but failed to do it.

Bradley brilliant again, what a player he is. Same for Quansah, what a player! Apart from those two I thought Diaz was very good, and of course Salah again decisive, even if his overall performance was really poor. Well, goals matter, and he played a vital part in both today.

Tough competition for our best player today, as Endo was again excellent and deserved it, but I have to give it to Mac Allister who’s simply world class. Is there a better midfielder in the PL at the moment?

Tricky match, three points, great feeling!

• Upvote 1

Incredibly nervy at the end. It was always going to be the case after the second Diaz goal was disallowed (remember United's 2nd goal against us at Old Trafford last year that looked clearly off and how the explanation afterwards was they were going to allow more leeway to forwards on decisions? Yeah, that was yet another load of bullshit that was never mentioned again after being used to justify a clearly incorrect decision). We do need to be far more clinical in the run in, though, as it's either going to lead to dropped points eventually or games like this being about ten times more difficult than they should be. That was a gutsy win, though, after going a goal down against a team who have been a really bogey side for us.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheSire said:

I don't think he's a manc. He's just the most extreme doom merchant I've ever seen. Jokes aside he should probably get help if he really does feel that negative towards things.

I'll help him; I've got a bottle of Jim Beam and 25 boxes of Paracetamol knocking around if he's wants them.

6 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

He follows the games by reading the threads and then says were are shit, the fucking flump.

He's similar on other threads tbh, without meaning to patronise him it's probably a mental health issue.

9 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

He follows the games by reading the threads and then says were are shit, the fucking flump.

Ease up on him. He’s had a lot of mental health issues. These days I think he sees it as a match day ritual to ensure we win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

That’ll do. On another day we win that more comfortably. About 5-2. 

Mac Allister was superb. Szoboszlai good in the second half. Another good performance from Bradley.

He was slightly off it in the first half but the calls to take off one of our main match winners, in a still returning to full match speed Salah, were utter bobbins. Have a word with yourselves, lads! 

Going behind and winning yet again. You get the feeling that the mentality monsters are on their way back. It’ll be a tough thing for Klopp’s replacement to maintain and replicate. 

Three points. One more game done. One of the difficult ones too. 

Up the you should’ve learned by now to not take the lead against us Reds! 

IMG_3985.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the whole team played well. It is easy to overlook Quansah's performance, they put him under immense pressure and he never put a foot wrong. Other than a rush of blood to the head in the last couple of minutes I thought Gomez was excellent too. Virgil imperious and Bradley solid against a good opponent although did get caught out a few times. The mid three were superb and Mac defo MoM. Brilliant. Luis exceptional, Darwen not involved enough and Mo finished like he was wearing my gardening boots. Fantastic cameo from Harvey.

Done. Used up my quota of superlatives for the season in just one post :)

The main thing is three points. On we go.

• Upvote 4