You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (A) - Sat 17th Feb 2024 (12:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

By a mile i thought.

Jenas typical TNT pundit probably only recognized Mo , fucking crayon muncher

To be fair he scored and assisted and finished the game with 100% pass accuracy.  He was pretty fucking good.  Endo was great as well but could easily have walked on a couple of occasions.

Just now, Anubis said:

Regulion looks well pissed off in the dressing room. Defender next to him looks despondent.

Great stuff.

Very subdued changing room (fantastic) personally i'd want to see Ivan Toney choaking out his two center backs whilst kicking Thomas Frank in the testicals

Very solid and composed display, particularly in light of our first choice goalkeeper having to drop out yesterday, and another 2-3 injuries during the match again. We just can't seem to catch a break with these.

Brilliant from Diogo to set up Darwin, and equally brilliant finishing from Darwin. He's got bags of ability one on one but for some reason he's tended to go all Benteke when through on goal, hence the many many misses. This one, he had time to think but crucially I think he'd decided early on how he was going to finish.

Mo fluffed an early chance in the second half when his third touch caused the ball to get away from him but it was an excellent pass into Mac's run for our second. Again, brilliant composed play from the Argentine. Our 3rd and 4th came about thanks to defensive errors, but were still nicely taken by Mo and Cody.

At a ground where we've struggled, we dug in where we had to and were composed (that word again) when we needed to be.

• Upvote 1

That foul count 4-18 should invoke an immediate steward’s enquiry. Especially given the physical nature of their play. Just surprised he didn’t give a penalty against Robbo. Of course we should have definitely had one, maybe 2 of our own. 

Once the cobwebs were blown out, Salah was fantastic today.  We used Brentford tactics to beat them today.  Then once we were well ahead, we controlled the game in the second half, very good to see.   Endo was MOTM - he gives us a platform on which to build - something we haven't seen since peak Fabinho years ago.

I was dreading this one a little bit, but despite TAA being a fantastic player, I was so glad that Bradley played today.  We were quite careless with the ball in the first half, but far less so in the second.  Three really good goals, and a fourth which, while a bit of a gift, still required Salah to do a lot of work.

Really pleased with this performance.  Let's just hope the injuries aren't as bad as they looked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveT said:

That foul count 4-18 should invoke an immediate steward’s enquiry. Especially given the physical nature of their play. Just surprised he didn’t give a penalty against Robbo. Of course we should have definitely had one, maybe 2 of our own. 

Fuck him. He reffed it pretty much as I expected. Just had a look at this evenings game and am amazed Taylor is not on it. No idea what Madley is like on their games. Bollocks that you are looking at refs to imagine how the game goes.