You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (A) - Sat 17th Feb 2024 (12:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

Really impressed with Endo today. I'm sold on him playing that role for the rest of the season. Dirty fucker as well which just brings a smile. Bradley came inside a lot as well today. That's a talent I didn't see. Looks like we've struck gold here.

Good job you are sold on him as I think with the continuing injuries, I don't think there's going to be a lot of choice. Macca was excelling in that position after his injury while endo was away, but endo has slotted right back in. And once the game settled today, macca was terrific in the 8 too. 

3 hours ago, Mark M said:

I was really worried about Kelleher going into the game today but he was really good 

Me too. He was good today and a good job from the team to not expose ourselves to too many set pieces. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Joe Cole reminds me of this

I'd like to tell all the hysterical fannies after the Arsenal game to go fuck themselves and remind themselves we are Liverpool Fucking FC. today might mean something at the end of it, it might mean nothing, but all you fuckers wetting your knickers have a word with yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I'd like to tell all the hysterical fannies after the Arsenal game to go fuck themselves and remind themselves we are Liverpool Fucking FC. today might mean something at the end of it, it might mean nothing, but all you fuckers wetting your knickers have a word with yourselves.

SUPERFANÑNNNNN!

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

What conspiracy are they using for the 2 we should have got? Personally I think there should have been 3 pens there today and it's pretty hard to understand how they weren't. 

It's a bollocks narrative. Their manager asked about their potential penalty, no doubt spoken about post match also. No question about our potential penalties. 

Fuck everyone who's not us.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, niallers said:

With 63%possession to boot!

Fucking cunt officials.

Crude arithmetic…. Assume ball is in play 65 minutes. They had possession @ 37% = 24 minutes. We apparently fouled them 18 times, ie once every 1.3 minutes. They, on the other hand only fouled us once for every 10 minutes we were in possession.  It’s a joke.

1 minute ago, DaveT said:

Crude arithmetic…. Assume ball is in play 65 minutes. They had possession @ 37% = 24 minutes. We apparently fouled them 18 times, ie once every 1.3 minutes. They, on the other hand only fouled us once for every 10 minutes we were in possession.  It’s a joke.

I don't think it's that extreme. We lose the ball, we press to get it back and they're a team who try and move the ball quickly. We can commit fouls easy in this phase . And if they play through us, when they get into certain parts of the pitch, some of their players know their job is to buy a foul and they're good at it. On the other hand, when we have the ball, they're happy to drop and let us pass and pass again, providing we don't push into dangerous areas. Add that to they're the home team, then is it that crazy? There'll always be outliers and clearly today is one, but you can see how we commit many more fouls per minute than they do. 

I thought the ref got 3 big decisions wrong today, there were 3 pens in there for me (2 for us and one for them). Maybe some of that is on VAR, especially the first one. But it was a case of he was giving nothing. Around the rest of the pitch, I didn't think there was anything unexpected about his performance. 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think it's that extreme. We lose the ball, we press to get it back and they're a team who try and move the ball quickly. We can commit fouls easy in this phase . And if they play through us, when they get into certain parts of the pitch, some of their players know their job is to buy a foul and they're good at it. On the other hand, when we have the ball, they're happy to drop and let us pass and pass again, providing we don't push into dangerous areas. Add that to they're the home team, then is it that crazy? There'll always be outliers and clearly today is one, but you can see how we commit many more fouls per minute than they do. 

I thought the ref got 3 big decisions wrong today, there were 3 pens in there for me (2 for us and one for them). Maybe some of that is on VAR, especially the first one. But it was a case of he was giving nothing. Around the rest of the pitch, I didn't think there was anything unexpected about his performance. 

I don't think Oliver did us any favours today, but the stats are always skewed by the fact that we don't usually want free kicks given when we are moving forward and we try as best as we can to use advantages, whereas the great majority of our opponents see each free kick as a minor victory and play for them relentlessly. This is allied to Stringys point that we love a professional foul to stop oppositions breaking,

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We can commit fouls easy in this phase .

Yep, today Mac and Endo were taking the kind of fouls in transition folks have been screaming about City doing for years. Good.

Those two probably had half our total between them.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I don't think Oliver did us any favours today, but the stats are always skewed by the fact that we don't usually want free kicks given when we are moving forward and we try as best as we can to use advantages, whereas the great majority of our opponents see each free kick as a minor victory and play for them relentlessly. This is allied to Stringys point that we love a professional foul to stop oppositions breaking,

Oliver didn't do us any favours. But put aside the pens I mentioned, was there a point his performance seemed outrageous? He just seemed like a regular ref, maybe lets the poorer, yet more physical side be a little more physical and gave one or two soft ones the other way because of the crowd. 

In fact out of the 26 or whatever matches we've played this season, it wouldn't be in my top half of bad ref days. 

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep, today Mac and Endo were taking the kind of fouls in transition folks have been screaming about City doing for years. Good.

Those two probably had half our total between them.

And let's see more of it! They were both great today, although I did start worrying about endo getting a 2nd yellow as the game wore on. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

Richard Archer, Sarah Cracknell, Adam Devlin, Cameron Diaz, Rick Wakeman, Natalie Sawyer, Dean Clearasil Gaffney, The Ghosts of Thomas Frank’s Murder Victims, Bees, Maupay The Poisonous Everton Dwarf, Jude, Jermaine Jenas’ Hope, Twelve-thirty Kick Offs, Creator Supreme - your boys took a hell of a beating! A HELL of a beating!

You forgot MC Grindah

200w_s.gif

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Oliver didn't do us any favours. But put aside the pens I mentioned, was there a point his performance seemed outrageous? He just seemed like a regular ref, maybe lets the poorer, yet more physical side be a little more physical and gave one or two soft ones the other way because of the crowd. 

In fact out of the 26 or whatever matches we've played this season, it wouldn't be in my top half of bad ref days. 

And let's see more of it! They were both great today, although I did start worrying about endo getting a 2nd yellow as the game wore on. 

I thought he was awful, gave them 4 or 5 soft ones and gave us nothing. Virgil was been dragged at every one of their set pieces, at one point Ben Mee had his jersey over his head. He let a dive go unpunished in the first half and I thought he should have blown for a dive on their goal. The penalty he didn't give them was fairly scandalous. I'd love to see his stats for VAR, he strikes me as the type that doesn't like his on field decisions being questioned. 

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What conspiracy are they using for the 2 we should have got? Personally I think there should have been 3 pens there today and it's pretty hard to understand how they weren't. 

Stidiously ignoring those.

Anyway, here’s Toney getting a Klopp hug and loving it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, No2 said:

I thought he was awful, gave them 4 or 5 soft ones and gave us nothing. Virgil was been dragged at every one of their set pieces, at one point Ben Mee had his jersey over his head. He let a dive go unpunished in the first half and I thought he should have blown for a dive on their goal. The penalty he didn't give them was fairly scandalous. I'd love to see his stats for VAR, he strikes me as the type that doesn't like his on field decisions being questioned. 

We'll have to agree to disagree about his performance, I just thought it was pretty normal. And it's a tournament summer and all refs who think they have a chance of getting a final in the summer stop giving big decisions. They'd sooner give nothing than give a soft pen, it was the same both ways. Honestly, I can think of probably 15 matches this season where the ref was worse than Oliver yesterday. 

• Upvote 1