You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Endo is still not any sort of long term solution, but he fills a hole in the squad and now that he has been given a role, we're not gonna buy another player in that position around 30 years old, like Palhinha, that will make him redundant. 

We need to find our 6 of the future. Endo is already here as the experienced stopgap.

That's my point though.

If we think Bajectic is our number Six of the future then we need one to play now.

Endo and Palhinha still have plenty of seasons left in them, they are 30 and 28.

Considering how overinflated the market is for holding midfielders I'd rather bring in a player that is ready to go now, not another project.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Endo is still not any sort of long term solution, but he fills a hole in the squad and now that he has been given a role, we're not gonna buy another player in that position around 30 years old, like Palhinha, that will make him redundant. 

We need to find our 6 of the future. Endo is already here as the experienced stopgap.

We did. But unfortunately, it seems we then broke him.

45 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thing in his favour is he hasn't been run into the ground. Less than 300 club games in his career. Reck9n he would be well worth the fee as a one off. Especially considering we have been happy to lose plenty of players on a free, Gini,Can,Bobby etc all played out their contracts. A 4/5 year contract would be well worth it imo

Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign him, he just doesn't conform to the the FSG model we have seen so far. 

10 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

That's my point though.

If we think Bajectic is our number Six of the future then we need one to play now.

Endo and Palhinha still have plenty of seasons left in them, they are 30 and 28.

Considering how overinflated the market is for holding midfielders I'd rather bring in a player that is ready to go now, not another project.

Klopp's just not gonna find the point of buying Palhinha when he bought Endo.

Palhinha is obviously the better player but it's completely redundant squad building to have both. We need someone who is 21-25. 

And then with that sort of player, you can pretend Bajcetic doesn't exist if his injuries are too much to overcome, and he's your future 6.

12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I don't think Bacjetic showed that much that our future plans should revolve around him. He was just livelier than the very poor performances around him.

He stood out in a midfield that was otherwise absolutely shite, I'd be interested to see how he performs in this midfield when he's not the only person in it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If we don't invest this window and push on to some silverware ill never forgive our owners. This is here for the taking. My fear is we will run out of legs and or bodies.

I don't agree.

I don't think it makes sense to throw massive money around unless it's a long term investment.  We could buy Palhinha for £60m now and still miss out on the title by a point, or a shit VAR decision, as it's so close anyway.  And then in the summer maybe we do have a sniff at Mbappe on a free and we ask ourselves what we could have got with that extra £60m.  

We're financially in a great position right now compared with many other top clubs, even the oil states may yet have to answer for FFP.  

We definitely do need 1 this January for DM, but it needs to be more clever than paying £60m for a guy who 3 years ago, at age 25, was on the verge of a move to CSKA Moscow. 

We can say "why do Bayern want him, he must be great", but that's not a great way to scout players. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I don't think Bacjetic showed that much that our future plans should revolve around him. He was just livelier than the very poor performances around him.

Exactly what I said to someone the other day. 

12 months ago he was playing well, very well perhaps, and the narrative was "ok great, if he plays like this then he can be part of the squad next year, cool".

But major injury worries change narratives.  Had he missed loads of games last year we would not have been talking about him so glowingly.  

For me he's done. Out. No regrets, hope he does well, but no thanks. 

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If we don't invest this window and push on to some silverware ill never forgive our owners. This is here for the taking. My fear is we will run out of legs and or bodies.

How many times have we said that about FSG?

I’ll be highly surprised if we bought anyone.

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I thought he looked the real deal when it was all going their way but as soon as they're struggling he's the first one to disappear. 

I’ve never understood why people rate him - overrated, over-hyped and over-priced IMHO

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Exactly what I said to someone the other day. 

12 months ago he was playing well, very well perhaps, and the narrative was "ok great, if he plays like this then he can be part of the squad next year, cool".

But major injury worries change narratives.  Had he missed loads of games last year we would not have been talking about him so glowingly.  

For me he's done. Out. No regrets, hope he does well, but no thanks. 

He has only just turned 19....bit early in my view to be saying that.

If we are still in the same situation with him this time next year then ok but whilst his absence and the length of it is frustrating and means he misses a key chunk of his development years (it does seem to be a case of the club being extremely cautious with him too) I feel that he should be cut some slack and lets see what he is about when he does return.