You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where will we finish then?

an tha

Where will we finish?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. So where will we finish then?

• I am the eternal optimist - 1st
    • Still only one side better than us - 2nd
    • It is 20/21 all over again, we'll rally and finish 3rd
    • Top 4 is best we can hope 4 now and I reckon we will scrape 4th
    • No top 4 this season - 5th
    • We are heading for UEFA cup - 6th
    • From the European Cup Final to the Conference League - fuck! - 7th
    • 8th
    • Our lowest finish since we came back up in 1962 lower than 8th

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Based on this season? Must fucking hairy hoop we do!! He's persisted with the same system with same gobshites week after week in some vain hope that it will somehow change! And it won't, he's far too fucking stubborn, and it will cost him and us!

I agree with the points you've made about the Villa, Leicester and Brentford games, but I'm fucked if I know how you get from that to finishing 5th, especially when you know that we won't buy a decent midfielder!

Because beyond Arsenal and City none of the other sides are great either.

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Based on this season? Must fucking hairy hoop we do!! He's persisted with the same system with same gobshites week after week in some vain hope that it will somehow change! And it won't, he's far too fucking stubborn, and it will cost him and us!

I agree with the points you've made about the Villa, Leicester and Brentford games, but I'm fucked if I know how you get from that to finishing 5th, especially when you know that we won't buy a decent midfielder!

Tedious fucking shitbag.

• 1 month later...

I was watching a clip earlier, of pundits saying that Manchester United are well in the title race and a lot predict that they will finish ahead of Arsenal.

I know tonight is the focus but we play Wolves at home and Palace away in the league, before United play again, against us on 5th March at Anfield. 

If we win the 3 of those games, we are 5 points behind them with the same amount of games played. With 13 games left after that, I'd be very confident that we would finish ahead of them. Even if we are 8 behind them at that stage I'd feel we could do it. The next 2 weeks are huge. 

We've supposedly been very poor since the world cup and they have been amazing, yet they've only picked up 4 more points than us in the last 8 games.

We were 11/4 to finish in the top 4 before the Newcastle game but are now 7/5, ahead of Newcastle and Spurs. 

I've gone mad this morning and put a couple of pence on 

City Arsenal Us to finish in that order 14/1

Arsenal City us 16/1. 

Obviously this all hinges on the team continuing the form of the past 8 days but I'm a believer. 

Anyone else want what I'm drinking? 

7 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I was watching a clip earlier, of pundits saying that Manchester United are well in the title race and a lot predict that they will finish ahead of Arsenal.

I know tonight is the focus but we play Wolves at home and Palace away in the league, before United play again, against us on 5th March at Anfield. 

If we win the 3 of those games, we are 5 points behind them with the same amount of games played. With 13 games left after that, I'd be very confident that we would finish ahead of them. Even if we are 8 behind them at that stage I'd feel we could do it. The next 2 weeks are huge. 

We've supposedly been very poor since the world cup and they have been amazing, yet they've only picked up 4 more points than us in the last 8 games.

We were 11/4 to finish in the top 4 before the Newcastle game but are now 7/5, ahead of Newcastle and Spurs. 

Arsenal City us 16/1. 

Obviously this all hinges on the team continuing the form of the past 8 days but I'm a believer. 

Fucking hell.

I still think we’ll finish outside the top four. The last two games have been great but we’ve relied on huge contributions from players who haven’t consistently played at a Premier League winning level for a half-season.

We’re so far behind, we need to basically show title winning form until the end of the season.

33 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Arsenal City us 16/1. 

I still live in the hope I'll triple titty fuck, salma Hayek, Christina Hendricks and Kelly Brooke.

53 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

We’re so far behind, we need to basically show title winning form until the end of the season.

That would be the case if we were chasing teams who rarely slipped up. We're not. We're chasing Newcastle and Spurs. They'll drop fucking loads of points between now and the end of the season. All we have to do is not drop quite as many. It's nothing like title winning form we need to show.

Beat Palace and Wolves and we're level on points with Newcastle and their 'game in hand' is away at Man City.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Megadrive Person said:

We need a minimum of 35 points from 48 available, so that's pretty close to title winning form. It's very hard to call though and we have an outside chance now at least. 

If Newcastle continue their form for the rest of the season they are on course for 68 points, however they have dipped since the world cup, so even for them to achieve that would be a surprise. Spurs are on course for 66/67 points.

If we get an average of 2 points per game for the rest of the season we will finish with 67. That will be enough for 4th in my opinion but I think we will get more than that.