You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where will we finish then?

an tha

Where will we finish?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. So where will we finish then?

• I am the eternal optimist - 1st
    • Still only one side better than us - 2nd
    • It is 20/21 all over again, we'll rally and finish 3rd
    • Top 4 is best we can hope 4 now and I reckon we will scrape 4th
    • No top 4 this season - 5th
    • We are heading for UEFA cup - 6th
    • From the European Cup Final to the Conference League - fuck! - 7th
    • 8th
    • Our lowest finish since we came back up in 1962 lower than 8th

This poll is closed to new votes

OK so it looks a bit bleak at the moment and we are seeing some really worrying stuff - the problems many hoped might be ironed out during the break are arguably as bad if not worse at the moment....but we have seen in recent times us look really poor and have all sorts of problems and rally and finish strongly...

So where do you see us finishing this season?

I'm still maintaining the optimism of thinking that we can't possibly be this shit overnight. We still have the core group of players from last season, it's not like half the team has left and we're starting over, and the ones we have haven't suddenly forgotten how to play. 

The old Liverpool is in there somewhere, we just need to find the spark *cough* new midfielder *cough* to bring it all together again, then we'll finish in the top 4 at least. 

Tiniest chance of 4th if Newcastle fall away and we get our shit together. Not a hope in catching any of the other three ahead of us, obviously. 

Could be as low as seventh if Chelsea's 14 quadrillion pound squad improves. 

Fifth or sixth seems most likely. 

Look, we may not get 4th, but I’m a tenacious bastard and I will never give up on this club, this squad. After what these guys have accomplished in recent seasons, I for one, will always cut them some slack. Just as an aside, we are Liverpool and we don’t air our dirty laundry in public, so I will always cut Jurgen some slack in his post match pressers. He will stand by his players publicly, which of course, he should do. I don’t expect answers at the pressers.

I’m going to mention the unmentionable to give us a bit of perspective. Man Utd. They’ve had a pretty shit run in recent seasons and let us not forget, they are languishing in the Europa this season, but, and here’s the point - they still attract players even with their poor form, no champions league football and heavy debt hindering them.

If we don’t get champions league football next season, it’s not the end of the world, provided we learn from this crap we’re going thru now, and continue to rejuvenate. Good players want to come to Liverpool, regardless, because this means more.

BTW, Ive just resubscribed for six months to support the community. Its been awhile, and I’m not particularly flush right now, but I want to continue to support Dave and the content providers.

‘When the going gets tough’ and all that.

Onwards and upwards Reds.

• Upvote 2

So long as we finish above Everton, all is good. I think at least 1 midfielder will come in January and the players will have a skyrocket put up their arse.

Edit: I've just realised you can report your own posts. Hours of fun.

2 hours ago, Red Shift said:

BTW, Ive just resubscribed for six months to support the community. Its been awhile, and I’m not particularly flush right now, but I want to continue to support Dave and the content providers.

On behalf of @El Rojo and myself, thanks. I'd offer you a fridge magnet but I won't pretend we have any. 

5th or 6th. Don’t see much hope of top 4 based on the way we are playing. Also would need sides above us to implode somewhat.

We ‘welcome’ EFC to Anfield on Valentines Day, I don’t even see us getting 3 points there, regardless of how atrocious they are. We are simply weak in the middle and teams know it. 

A formation change or a change in tactics has been needed for ages. Still don’t see it in the pipeline. 

Keep on with the players we have playing the same tactics then 8th. We are easy to play against blunt in attack and keeping falling for traps of our own making, its become so common. It's in our own hands though we are more than capable of top 4 if we are willing to make changes. For me it's focus on becoming a tighter defensive unit and counter, ideally it's buy some fucking midfielders that aren't pension slow.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Don’t see much hope of top 4 based on the way we are playing. Also would need sides above us to implode somewhat.

We are 7 points behind Newcastle & Man U (and we have a game in hand on Newcastle). It doesn't take an implosion to close that gap in 20 games: it just needs our form to improve.