You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ajax (H) - CL, Tue 13th Sep 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

6 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Jota was great his energy and ability to link play really made a difference.

He's like a much more mobile Firmino in that regard, plus he's a proper threat in front of goal.  He was great last night, buzzing around and causing a nuisance.  He's difficult to knock off the ball as well when he's running with it.

Can we have a discussion about Trent  a logical one . Something has happened either with himself or with team tactics leaving him bemused, confused and generally lost as to what he should be doing . Taking into account he is fit to play I am now leaning towards it is team tactics that he either does not understand or cannot execute. More worring is he is not vocal at barking out orders to the midfield who are plainly not helping him out nor is the leader of our defence giving organisational advice. We do not seem to understand what is going wrong and cannot fix it. All the mistakes are manifesting themselves through Trent and I cannot put my finger on it I was hoping our highly paid analysis team us senior players would shed some light on it. Milner has played there this season so should have a pretty good idea of what trent is experiencing.  He has not be one a bad player or a good defender overnight  . Where is the help from the backroom or on the pitch . You know what same goes for Nunez everyone pointing out how he does not "fit" what are we going to do to make him fit. We have form on this we bought Collymore without a plan and took 2 years to work out his best position . These two guys are the future of our team we need to start showing how we are going to adapt to their strengths rather than getting them to improve on their weaknesses. 

Yesterday I had people coming from different departments to talk to me about football. It was the main topic of conversation all day. All the Ajax lads reckoned they would batter us. Today everyone seems to have lost all interest in football. No mention of it whatsoever and I'm not bringing it up myself. I do seem to be the only person smiling in work though. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Can we have a discussion about Trent  a logical one . Something has happened either with himself or with team tactics leaving him bemused, confused and generally lost as to what he should be doing . Taking into account he is fit to play I am now leaning towards it is team tactics that he either does not understand or cannot execute. More worring is he is not vocal at barking out orders to the midfield who are plainly not helping him out nor is the leader of our defence giving organisational advice. We do not seem to understand what is going wrong and cannot fix it. All the mistakes are manifesting themselves through Trent and I cannot put my finger on it I was hoping our highly paid analysis team us senior players would shed some light on it. Milner has played there this season so should have a pretty good idea of what trent is experiencing.  He has not be one a bad player or a good defender overnight  . Where is the help from the backroom or on the pitch . You know what same goes for Nunez everyone pointing out how he does not "fit" what are we going to do to make him fit. We have form on this we bought Collymore without a plan and took 2 years to work out his best position . These two guys are the future of our team we need to start showing how we are going to adapt to their strengths rather than getting them to improve on their weaknesses. 

There's definitely been a tactical shift, with him cutting inside a lot more. It's not working, though.

We pressed well yesterday. That high pressuer only works if every man's doing his job. Jota does! Until Darwin learns to do the same Jota should be starting for us.

Once again TAA just stops after being passed, leaving biig bird with too much to do. Result 1-1. This has to stop. Unfortunately Tsimikas is a left back and we really don't have anyone except Gomez to fill in. TAA really shoukd be benched for this, but we may not have that option.

Great performance from Matip, Van Dijk, Thiago and Tsimikas. Good to see Jota back too.

Over all we did well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Yesterday I had people coming from different departments to talk to me about football. It was the main topic of conversation all day. All the Ajax lads reckoned they would batter us. Today everyone seems to have lost all interest in football. No mention of it whatsoever and I'm not bringing it up myself. I do seem to be the only person smiling in work though. 

Cloggy on his way into work this morning

200.gif

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, clockspeed said:

I thought Trent played a lot better last night. Elliott is down his side and Trent gets exposed because Elliott is poor out of possession. I'm still not a great lover of Elliott just yet.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought Trent played a lot better last night. Elliott is down his side and Trent gets exposed because Elliott is poor out of possession. I'm still not a great lover of Elliott just yet.

He did but his positioning is still very suspect. 

Elliot is having a good season.