You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) - Sat 27th Aug 2022 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Much more like it Redmen. Loved the intensity right from the get go. The whole team knew what they wanted to do. It all came together!

I really really wanted Southampton to pinch an equaliser at St. Mary’s, because we’d have leapfrogged the Red Shite, but alas, not to be. We’re back baby, we’re back…and so is Bobby!

Onwards & Upwards.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone explain why the own goal was allowed yesterday? Diaz was offside when the ball was played, it was heading straight to him and the defender desperately tried to stop it reaching him by putting a toe on it and directing it in. Surely that made Diaz active?

23 minutes ago, Simbo said:

Can anyone explain why the own goal was allowed yesterday? Diaz was offside when the ball was played, it was heading straight to him and the defender desperately tried to stop it reaching him by putting a toe on it and directing it in. Surely that made Diaz active?

LiVARpool, powers that be, scab 6 init’?

1 hour ago, Simbo said:

Mepham told the ref it was his dream to score at Anfield and begged him to let it stand.

This made me smile, from the Up The Cherries Forum.

Audenshaw Cherry

UTC Legend
Reasons to be cheerful?

1. We will be first on Match of the Day.
2. We equalled a Premier League record.
3. We are not bottom (yet)
4. In the last three games we have prevented Haaland, Jesus and Salah from scoring.
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Simbo said:

The last two... It was clearly offside.  Stupid decision, as baffling as disallowing the palace goal.

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

interfering with an opponent by:

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or

challenging an opponent for the ball or

clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Simbo said:

I spotted this right away myself. If a defender makes a deliberate attempt to play the ball and makes contact it nullifies the offside. The Champions League final goal was ruled out because it was deemed an accidental touch to the striker by Fabinho. 

4 hours ago, Simbo said:

Who fucking cares after Rashford was judged on side on Monday night?

It should have been offside. The problem is football authorities (and the PGMOL refs in particular) have zero knowledge of football and can’t tell the difference between when a player deliberately plays a back pass which is intercepted by an opposition player (not offside) or stretches to prevent an offside attacker getting in and inadvertently plays the ball like yesterday. 

So they interpret the rule so that any slight touch by a defender means the attacker can never be offside. It’s bollocks, because referees are imbeciles.

• Upvote 1

https://socceronsunday.com/article/scott-parker-on-liverpool-trashing-a-draw-would-have-been-a-fair-result/

Scott Parker has insisted his side were unlucky to lose by a record-equalling 9 goal margin at Anfield on Saturday. The trashing leaves relegation-tipped Bournemouth with a -14 goal difference 

“A draw would have been a fair result,” Parker told Soccer on Sunday. “I told Jürgen after the game, ‘Your boys have got away with one here’. I thought we controlled the game, but then they’ve snuck 9 goals in from absolutely nowhere. Sometimes you don’t get what you deserve in football.” 

“I couldn’t be prouder of my players,” said the 41 year-old. “They did everything I asked of them, if you don’t count the 9 goals. It was always going to be difficult when the 9th went in, but I still felt there was something for us in the game. If we got that first goal, the other 8 would have followed. But alas, it wasn’t to be.”

“Jürgen will be a very, very relieved man right now,” he added.

parker-presser-min-150x150.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'll say more about the performance soon, but fuck me the Mepham OG was an appalling decision by the ref. 

I mean, how unfair is that? If we were on the other side of that decision we'd be furious. 

We lost a Champions League final trying to play to that rule.

• Upvote 1