You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bayern Munich believe they have finalised an agreement to take Konrad Laimer to the Allianz Arena, sources have told 90min.

Bayern made a summer bid for RB Leipzig's star midfielder, who is in the final year of his contract, but could not agree terms and they instead landed Ajax's Ryan Gravenberch.

Laimer has since emerged as a target for Liverpool who were considering a move for him in the New Year, but the Premier League side have now learned from representatives around the deal that the player does indeed want to move to Munich.

That is a bit of a relief. Last thing we needed was another sicknote 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Would be very surprised, we're 6 months removed from signing a left sided/central attacker (plus a prospect in that position), coming up to 12 months from signing another left sided attacker and we still have Jota recovering from injury.

Unless we're going to move Gakpo to the right it would seem like we're well stocked in that position.

My money is on him ending up at Utd and if PSV have any sense they'll be demanding more than 40 million given what they spent on Antony.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Would be very surprised, we're 6 months removed from signing a left sided/central attacker (plus a prospect in that position), coming up to 12 months from signing another left sided attacker and we still have Jota recovering from injury.

Unless we're going to move Gakpo to the right it would seem like we're well stocked in that position.

My money is on him ending up at Utd and if PSV have any sense they'll be demanding more than 40 million given what they spent on Antony.

I’d be surprised as well. Talk is Lijnders is a huge fan…. But apparently nobody should take notice of his opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

With Edwards reportedly going to United I wonder if Ward has been offered a wedge by them too. Personally I think Klopp massively elevated Edwards reputation.

The most impressive thing about Edwards was the money he was able to get from our sales. The fees we got for fringe players like Ibe, Danny Ward, Ings, Brewster, Solanke, Kevin Stewart etc. was incredible. And he ensured we didn’t lose too much on the likes of Benteke and Sakho.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

The most impressive thing about Edwards was the money he was able to get from our sales. The fees we got for fringe players like Ibe, Danny Ward, Ings, Brewster, Solanke, Kevin Stewart etc. was incredible. And he ensured we didn’t lose too much on the likes of Benteke and Sakho.

He found some mugs alright but I think that power was waning. The tools he used to identify players will be used by the club now anyway and nearly every single club uses analytics now. I dont think he was impressive until klopp could come along and could make players better.

No dickheads is a little simplistic but it was essentially one of the main criteria we had when signing players, that and no compromising for the sake of it. That comes from Klopp, not many other managers have the patience or faith in themselves to say no to players that would improve them. Ward or Edwards won't find another manager that will make them look anything near as good as Klopp did.