You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cunt Leadership Race.

Bruce Spanner

Which cunt wins?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Rishi Soocunt
    • Jeremy Cunt
    • Penny Morcunt
    • Cunt Truss
    • Tom Somecunt
    • Saj Javcunt
    • Kemmy Unknowncunt
    • Grant 'The Whiney Little Cunt' Shapps
    • Suella The Stupid Cunt
    • Nadcunt Cunthavi
    • A N Other Cunt

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

How did Braverman get 32 votes?

Hunt must be really fucking unpopular, even amongst the cunts that make up the Tory party.

We really are in ‘choose which horrible illness you want to die of’ territory 

I know you’re not meant to end sentences with a preposition but you know what I mean

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

She sounds lovely, and just slightly to the right of Genghis Khan.

What has it come to when Sunak, ‘I want to rule like Thatcher’ or whatever he said appears to be the least right wing of them all?

There's an interesting piece as part of the guardians daily briefing that discusses which groups of MPs are supporting each candidate. Their conclusion is as the voting goes on, sunak's position will slip. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/14/first-edition-next-prime-minister-betting-odds?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

And BBC breakfast had a mini focus group in some red wall seat (I missed where it was). What was interesting is you see the average voter in all their glory. Out of the 6 people there, they only recognised 2 of the candidates (sunak & truss).

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's an interesting piece as part of the guardians daily briefing that discusses which groups of MPs are supporting each candidate. Their conclusion is as the voting goes on, sunak's position will slip. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/14/first-edition-next-prime-minister-betting-odds?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

And BBC breakfast had a mini focus group in some red wall seat (I missed where it was). What was interesting is you see the average voter in all their glory. Out of the 6 people there, they only recognised 2 of the candidates (sunak & truss).

A poll for the Evening Standard showed that more voters were familiar with a made-up Tory candidate called Stewart Lewis than some of the actual candidates.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jack the Sipper said:

A poll for the Evening Standard showed that more voters were familiar with a made-up Tory candidate called Stewart Lewis than some of the actual candidates.

Hahaha..that tells you everything. And I think this is what we have to remember when looking how labour can win a GE. Loads of people get their knickers in a twist about loads of minor things that aren't in the general public eye. Large swathes of the country have no idea what's happening in politics and who the politicians are. It's why trump and Johnson have been successful, because they've managed to put themselves on TV, then just wheeled out populist words on the back of that platform. 

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

She sounds lovely, and just slightly to the right of Genghis Khan.

I have heard that PM has a reputation for having quite poor personal hygiene. I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere near her when she takes her shoes off, especially in this weather. 

12 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Saw a report that Braverman who is up in arms about people claiming benefits, herself claimed £159k in expenses last year. 

the fucking balls on these guys is ridiculous.

Suella £159.000

Penny £215,539

Rishi £151,548

Liz £187,277

Tom £224,422

Kemi £201,604

https://www.mpsexpenses.info/?#!/search

For context...

Richard Burgon £234,862

Corbyn £226,244

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Suella £159.000

Penny £215,539

Rishi £151,548

Liz £187,277

Tom £224,422

Kemi £201,604

It's the small things in the expenses I find worse than those big over the top stupid expenses.

I get far more annoyed seeing an MP claiming for a cup of coffee than I do for heating a stable or building a moat for a Duck house.

52 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Suella £159.000

Penny £215,539

Rishi £151,548

Liz £187,277

Tom £224,422

Kemi £201,604

For context...

Richard Burgon £234,862

Corbyn £226,244

Some further clarification.

Almost all of Corbyn's costs relate to his office in Parliament and constituency including rent, website design, software and personnel. He claimed zero for accommodation and £11.80 for travel, the bastard.

Everyone else appears to have much higher accommodation and travel claims.

if you take out the office claims, the figures seem to be much lower for all of them, which perhaps would be a fairer comparison. Albeit none of it excuses attacking people on benefit when you can claim a lot of your expenses back, and when you have access to heavily subsidised food and bars.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Some further clarification.

Almost all of Corbyn's costs relate to his office in Parliament and constituency including rent, website design, software and personnel. He claimed zero for accommodation and £11.80 for travel, the bastard.

Everyone else appears to have much higher accommodation and travel claims.

if you take out the office claims, the figures seem to be much lower for all of them, which perhaps would be a fairer comparison. Albeit none of it excuses attacking people on benefit when you can claim a lot of your expenses back, and when you have access to heavily subsidised food and bars.

Because he lives in Islington and rides his bike to work, other travel expenses fall under official office commitments, I believe.

That was part of the reason I posted it because it's an easy stick to beat people with when the truth is a little more complicated.

MP's expenses are absurd when taken out of context, but they include office rent, equipment, staffing, travel ect and do make sense, that's not to say some don't take the piss, but post 'expense scandal' people are much more cautious.

The bigger and more interesting paper trail is who is providing funding for office staff, jollies, miscellaneous etc...

• Upvote 1

Another example of the damage Johnson has done is the obvious lack of talent left in the Parliamentary conservative party. They all genuinely seem thick as fuck and proper oddballs. I wouldn't feel particularly confident with any of them at the helm in any kind of crisis. 

• Upvote 2

Agree completely re the Tory front runners, Section, but am of the opinion that politicians generally seem very poor these days. For example while not as oddball as the Tories, not a single Labour or Lib front bencher has impressed me particularly in the past few years. Considering how many more advisers and media courses etc there are these days they are all underwhelming to say the least

• Upvote 1