You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inter (H) - CL Round of 16 2nd leg, Tue 8th Mar 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

36 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Anything above shin height or on the knee should be a straight red. It's dangerous play and a possible career ender. 

When the replay was shown you could see the skin on Thiagos knee come off and he was bleeding when he got up. Sanchez was lucky that Thiago didn't make a massive deal over it and I think the ref even played on for a couple of seconds before another foul. 

I don't even think it was discussed at half time.

Yep. 

It wasn’t as bad as the Carra one on Nani which left Nani balling his eyes out, but anything that high surely can’t be seen as anything else other than a red.

I assume Sanchez & Thiago played at Barca together, they were talking in the tunnel before the game so likely mates. Thiago not making a meal of it likely kept him on - I hope Thiago doesn’t do that again and milks the shit out of any challenges like that.

There was another in the second half where Mo skinned Bastoni (I think) and as Mo went past him, Bastoni raised his leg high to deliberately bring him down. Think that was before he eventually rugby tackled Mo to the floor and Skrinnier shoved him into the upper Main Stand.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Yep. 

It wasn’t as bad as the Carra one on Nani which left Nani balling his eyes out, but anything that high surely can’t be seen as anything else other than a red.

I assume Sanchez & Thiago played at Barca together, they were talking in the tunnel before the game so likely mates. Thiago not making a meal of it likely kept him on - I hope Thiago doesn’t do that again and milks the shit out of any challenges like that.

There was another in the second half where Mo skinned Bastoni (I think) and as Mo went past him, Bastoni raised his leg high to deliberately bring him down. Think that was before he eventually rugby tackled Mo to the floor and Skrinnier shoved him into the upper Main Stand.

All this was conveniently overlooked and the focus was on the second yellow for Sanchez.

I Am still baffled about that stupid cow sating Salah was making excuses for Liverpools performance over the 2 legs after he put a positive spin on going through. We beat Inter 2-0 in their own stadium without them having a shot on target. They weren't Sporting Lisbon or Salzburg.

Last night we didn't play well but we still hit the post 3 times and they scored a great goal. They played well but were still dirty bastards. Again nothing was said about the fouls we endured.

• Upvote 1

Cold light of day...Inter looked very well drilled across two legs.  That said, we'd still be talking about a very controlled victory across two legs of it hadn't been for a mad worldie. 

I thought the ref was a fucking idiot, he's not helping other refs by letting things go, like he's got latitude to not give free kicks when a foul is obviously committed because he wants to "let the game flow".  Why are top tier refs still blurring this line between black and white law and their own interpretation of it? 

He ended up sending Sanchez off because he'd painted himself into a corner by letting him off so much until that point, it was getting too awkward to ignore.  

Salah was dead unlucky, though I can't help but feel that he's let Diaz get in his head a bit.  Salah isn't the  focus of attention anymore, there's a new kid in town, and I think Mo needs a couple of goals to settle him back down. 

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

All our strikers have lacked sharpness in recent games

I’m being polite to Jota. The others have mainly just not put the ball in the back of the net but Diogo has been fucking up the basics. He did a passable impression of Dirk last night.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I can’t believe the shit I’m reading on Twitter today (I know!) claiming Sanchez shouldn’t have received a 2nd yellow card.

Firstly, he should. I get he couldn’t do much else but he’s over stretching, studs up and catches Fabinho on the ankle.

Secondly, why is the question not, how is this not a straight red?

0DF77736-CCE0-4B29-BC50-10A1758CAEE1.jpeg

Well, obviously the referee was unsighted.

The fan who needed medical attention is doing alright.

"Fan needing medical attention at Anfield during Inter clash now ‘absolutely fine’ – David Lynch – The Empire of The Kop" https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/03/09/fan-needing-medical-attention-at-anfield-during-inter-clash-now-asbsolutely-fine-david-lynch/amp/

On 09/03/2022 at 19:55, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Cold light of day...Inter looked very well drilled across two legs.  That said, we'd still be talking about a very controlled victory across two legs of it hadn't been for a mad worldie. 

I thought the ref was a fucking idiot, he's not helping other refs by letting things go, like he's got latitude to not give free kicks when a foul is obviously committed because he wants to "let the game flow".  Why are top tier refs still blurring this line between black and white law and their own interpretation of it? 

He ended up sending Sanchez off because he'd painted himself into a corner by letting him off so much until that point, it was getting too awkward to ignore.  

Salah was dead unlucky, though I can't help but feel that he's let Diaz get in his head a bit.  Salah isn't the  focus of attention anymore, there's a new kid in town, and I think Mo needs a couple of goals to settle him back down. 

You should see the shite that FIFA keep doing to the revisions of 'The Laws of The Game' regularly. It's no wonder the ref's are massively inconsistent as they are chasing their own tail. I am on a ref's forum and I couldnt get around the fact that you can be offside by not interfering or touching the ball in your attacking half (the law says its not an offence to be in an offside position) yet you can be given offside if you put in a challenge in your own half,where you can't be offside,normally! So if that is one example then I'm sure there are now many others like this.

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You should see the shite that FIFA keep doing to the revisions of 'The Laws of The Game' regularly. It's no wonder the ref's are massively inconsistent as they are chasing their own tail. I am on a ref's forum and I couldnt get around the fact that you can be offside by not interfering or touching the ball in your attacking half (the law says its not an offence to be in an offside position) yet you can be given offside if you put in a challenge in your own half,where you can't be offside,normally! So if that is one example then I'm sure there are now many others like this.

It's all looking rather daft now.  He was a different ref in the second half.