You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I think the point is he is better than what Burnley have, or potentially will have to replace him. So that's (potentially) them and Norwich out the way

Surprised how many 1 in 10 strikers Burnley have.

What are Newcastle going to do next? Target Sissoko from Watford, Raphina from Leeds, Aarons from Norwich & Gray from The Ev?

21 minutes ago, J-V said:

No way Gerrard will be our Manager.

I see why you'd say that. In a way I guess he'd be too much a Liverpool legend and hero for the owners to control. 

What I mean is they know he'd have 100 percent backing due to his popularity therefore he would be pretty powerful. 

They'll probably appoint Ljinders 

12 minutes ago, Freddo said:

I see why you'd say that. In a way I guess he'd be too much a Liverpool legend and hero for the owners to control. 

What I mean is they know he'd have 100 percent backing due to his popularity therefore he would be pretty powerful. 

They'll probably appoint Ljinders 

I'm saying he won't be our Manager as he's not good enough and doubt he ever will be.  I'd be surprised if he lasts until the end of next Season at Villa.

I'd also be surprised if Ljinders got the job and if by some miracle either one of them did it would be short lived.

• Downvote 1

The barcodes are brilliant. 

Wood is a fucking grock.  They need a grock as they can launch the ball without needing new signings in midfield. 

I'd expect them to sign another attacker to feed off the grock's knock downs. 

I'm not a Newcastle hater, they deserve better than what they've been given for the last few years. 

Not sure what this means for Joelinton, someone who has been lauded recently as one of their better players. 

12 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Wood is a fucking grock.  They need a grock as they can launch the ball without needing new signings in midfield. 

I'm not a Newcastle hater, they deserve better than what they've been given for the last few years. 

Not sure what this means for Joelinton, someone who has been lauded recently as one of their better players. 

Joelinton plays in midfield for them now, I believe. But this Wood fella has scored 3 goals all season? Plus newcastle got to find out his release clause when buying Trippier as the players share the same agent \ agency.

How come there's no uproar or investigation about that? All shit let loose when we triggered Ziegler's buy out clause after Bertie let slip. Oh, it's because we're Liverpool and everyone's favourite 'bad boys,' isnt it?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Joelinton plays in midfield for them now, I believe. But this Wood fella has scored 3 goals all season? Plus newcastle got to find out his release clause when buying Trippier as the players share the same agent \ agency.

How come there's no uproar or investigation about that? All shit let loose when we triggered Ziegler's buy out clause after Bertie let slip. Oh, it's because we're Liverpool and everyone's favourite 'bad boys,' isnt it?

I can't speak to cunts hating LFC, that's going to happen, we're a big deal, fuck them dickweeds. 

Wood doesn't need to score goals, he just needs to create chaos for others around him to exploit. 

With Salah we have 3 options, renew is number 1 obviously but retain and allow leave for free is a far better option than selling him in the summer. The 18 months we have left on his contract will be far more productive than that the following 18 or 30 months. I wouldn't be surprised if we repeat the trick with Gini and buy his replacement a year before he leaves.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

What are Newcastle going to do next? Target Sissoko from Watford, Raphina from Leeds, Aarons from Norwich & Gray from The Ev?

I'd love to see their reaction if the Bircotes threw 60/70ml at them for Richarlison and offered him 200k a week. He'd be off like a fucking shot

2 hours ago, J-V said:

I'm saying he won't be our Manager as he's not good enough and doubt he ever will be.  I'd be surprised if he lasts until the end of next Season at Villa.

I wouldn’t rule it out entirely, but if he starts getting sacked by Villa-level clubs, a top-tier job is going to be very, very hard to come by.

Getting sacked by mediocrities diminishes you as a manager. You either walk in to an elite club from day one, start small and build a reputation before taking on a club with the means to compete or have a career unlikely to take you to great heights.

Villa is a thankless task - big enough and with sufficient money to think they should be improving year-on-year, but in practice likely to hit their ceiling very quickly. There’s already a few dissenting voices amongst the support regarding Gerrard’s start, even though the fixture list has been unkind.

I think all the PL clubs have conspired to fuck Newcastle over by not selling anyone to them. The only reason this Chris Wood deal is going through is because a release clause has been activated. Chris Wood is awful. There's no way they've sounded him out for his talent; it's through sheer desperation. 

2 hours ago, J-V said:

I'd also be surprised if Ljinders got the job and if by some miracle either one of them did it would be short lived.

The problem you have is Klopp has raised your expectations. 

FSG has their bar set much lower. 

Who do you think it'll be anyway? 

8 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Could be anyone going by FSG's attempts so far.

Club legend in Kenny

Young, up and comer in Rodgers

Best available genius in Klopp

I think Gerrard is a decent chance of getting it.  If he does a decent job at Villa, he'd be hitting both the legend and up and comer marks.  We'd just have to hope he's a managerial genius!

12 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Probably a bit controversial and not very en trende, I think we should keep an eye out on Graham Potter. He’s done a great job with a bunch of Championship level players. He’s got to have one of the best H2H records against Klopp around too. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Probably a bit controversial and not very en trende, I think we should keep an eye out on Graham Potter. He’s done a great job with a bunch of Championship level players. He’s got to have one of the best H2H records against Klopp around too. 

Problem is there’s a lot more to managing a big club then being a decent coach. And getting buy in from a bunch of Championship level players is a lot different from a bunch of world class players.

Which is why it’s hard to pick which younger managers have the ability to step up.

Ideally Potter, or someone else similar, would prove themselves somewhere like Spurs or Dortmund first, then it’s a smaller step up to us.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Problem is there’s a lot more to managing a big club then being a decent coach. And getting buy in from a bunch of Championship level players is a lot different from a bunch of world class players.

Which is why it’s hard to pick which younger managers have the ability to step up.

Ideally Potter, or someone else similar, would prove themselves somewhere like Spurs or Dortmund first, then it’s a smaller step up to us.

I completely agree with you here JJ. Maybe even Leicester when Rodgers goes to United in the summer. 

8 hours ago, J-V said:

In fairness it remains to be seen if Gerrard is or will be good enough to manage us. 

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Fuck 'em , mouthy fucking gobshites . Did a deal with the devil , hope they go down and stay there. Easy to say the fans didn't choose the new owners , but nobody made the stupid cunts wear tea towels on their heads . 

Consecutive relegations please G.