an tha

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Legacy winter. At least three aggressive monitorings, two no values, and a contract extension for Elliot.

Need to change the name to Summer 2022 Transfer thread. Already looking forward to reading about the signings other clubs are making.

Just get anyone in for midfield, we can't manage until the end of the season with Thiago, Keita, and AOC injured.  Henderson's bound to pick up a knock too as he usually does and we can't afford to let him sit out the odd match. There must be someone available on loan. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Salah and Mane will be at the AFCON so I'm eagerly anticipating a Minamino-Origi-Ox forward line. 

Presumably Jota and Firminho are injured in your scenario

14 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Presumably Jota and Firminho are injured in your scenario

Worked that out all by yourself, did you?

For your next trick, work out how to spell Firmino's name right.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Worked that out all by yourself, did you?

For your next trick, work out how to spell Firmino's name right.

I got help, you're right about the spelling though, it should be considered a hate crime.

Just seemed an odd exercise in antagonizing yourself, like the position in January wasn't bad enough, that you had to create a scenario to match just how furious you feel. 

It feels like we are kicking the can down the road. We will get to a point where to improve its going to take wholesale changes. I've no idea how our model can even achieve that. Surely our model is set up for quality improvements over time. Its like a leaking roof it's expensive to fix but if you don't do it now it's going to cost a hell of a lot more money and heartache in the long run. This isn't a whine it's just asking questions. I think this side has already peaked there's signs of leaking so why is it not addressed. Weve had all year not deadline day to work on this. Last season put a magnifying glass on potential problems mistakes are lessons to be learnt from. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I got help, you're right about the spelling though, it should be considered a hate crime.

Just seemed an odd exercise in antagonizing yourself, like the position in January wasn't bad enough, that you had to create a scenario to match just how furious you feel. 

I mean, Firmino is literally injured now. This is hardly a far-fetched scenario I'm concocting. 

If we only have two injured players by January I'll be cock-a-hoop. Unfortunately experience tells us it will be more.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It feels like we are kicking the can down the road. We will get to a point where to improve its going to take wholesale changes. I've no idea how our model can even achieve that. Surely our model is set up for quality improvements over time. Its like a leaking roof it's expensive to fix but if you don't do it now it's going to cost a hell of a lot more money and heartache in the long run. This isn't a whine it's just asking questions. I think this side has already peaked there's signs of leaking so why is it not addressed. Weve had all year not deadline day to work on this. Last season put a magnifying glass on potential problems mistakes are lessons to be learnt from. 

I think it's a by-product of tying down all your top players to new deals, it's hard to give your top players new deals then go out and replace them like for like, luckily lots of the renewals take us into late 20's early 30's.

The refresh then has to happen by buying players who can develop into starters like Jota/Konate and developing younger players like Elliott.

• Downvote 1

Renewals can take place at anytime there's no need for them to all be left until one big summer of renewing them. Players get renewals after one season or with 3 seasons left. It really feels like a poor way how we've gone about it.