You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, Anubis said:

Oh, Evertonians think aggressive tackles are bad now?

I don’t care what they think. The interpretation of the rules is dangerous and will lead to some really serious injuries. I’m not totally convinced that’s what led to the situation yesterday, but Burnley players were sliding in and going through our lads the other week and they’re doing it again here and it’s not ‘good old fashioned tacking’, it’s dangerous play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

I don’t care what they think. The interpretation of the rules is dangerous and will lead to some really serious injuries. I’m not totally convinced that’s what led to the situation yesterday, but Burnley players were sliding in and going through our lads the other week and they’re doing it again here and it’s not ‘good old fashioned tacking’, it’s dangerous play.

Yep, if Richarlison had his foot planted there he would have been in real trouble.

3 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Why are you having a crack at me? I’ve had a go at their tackling earlier in the thread. I was commenting on Everton fan hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Why are you having a crack at me? I’ve had a go at their tackling earlier in the thread. I was commenting on Everton fan hypocrisy.

I’m not having a crack mate. Just hate this interpretation. Don’t really care about their hypocrisy. This Burnley shite needs calling out for what it is.

On a separate note, Burnley really aren’t good at defending crosses are they?

RR, I was calling out the dangerousness of Burnley tackling a few seasons ago when Gomez got his leg broken, and was being told that it was just good, fair, hard tackling by people on this forum. I’ve no time for Burnley, but also no time for Everton fans who cheered for their antics at Anfield a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 2