You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will everything be okay next season?

El Rojo

A lot hinges on top four, which I just can't see us getting, given the last 3 months or so.

The owners mouthpieces in the media have already made noises about the lack of funds due to the pandemic (thus having an effect on spending in December when we were already desperate for reinforcements) and without investment in the summer thanks to delpleted revenue the last twelve months and potentially no CL revenue, plus potentially no CL football to tempt some players with, it's not going to be easy in that worst case scenario.

Worse too if we start selling off players to help with the financial losses. Our wage bill balancing will be tough with no CL.

Knowing these FSG mingebags having a fit squad for the start of the season will be "like new signings". We've heard it before. We got peanuts in the winter transfer window, for example, when we needed quality defenders to salvage the season.

Judge people by their actions not words and all that.

The team seems massively down and out and I can't see us forgetting this season and going out to smash teams again next. The belief needs to be built up back in time. Opposition teams don't fear us or coming to Anfield anymore.

Hopefully Klopp can have some needed time off away from football and with his family, can survive the clubs post mortem in the summer should we miss out on CL revenue and come back pre season rejuvenated.

Hopefully the players will all come back from the euros fit too.

Also hopefully towards the summer or later into next season fans can start to come back to the ground.

No idea how it's going to go but we've majorly been played a bad hand this season and I can't see us just springing back to working towards a dynasty at the top, as we all thought at the start of the season. 

To pip City to the title you need to have the perfect season, we’re not going to pick up where we left off before the pandemic break last season. 

My gut is telling me there's too many negatives to reclaim where we were only a few months ago, which is quite simply unreal and shows the mess we are deep into. 

We've taken a battering on and off the pitch this season and rival clubs and fans are revelling in it, and we aren't just showing the right attitude or fight in response - which deeply worries me.

• Upvote 1

Just read that finishing 7th woild likely see us in that fucking new 3rd tier European conference. How shit would that be. I guess winning it would give us Europa League the year after. 

If we are not in the top 4 you'd be better finishing 8th and avoiding this crap and just trying to go all out domestically and giving the players a proper rest between games. 

It is starting to feel the end of a cycle with this squad to be honest. Hopefully fans back in the stadium helps but they need a shake up and it's starting to look like the front three is done as a unit. None look happy, the press has stopped as a unit and whatever rivalry is going on with Mane and Salah is now affecting the play. That's before Bobby form is even looked at. I reckon one goes in the summer to fund a partial rebuild

49 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Just read that finishing 7th woild likely see us in that fucking new 3rd tier European conference. How shit would that be. I guess winning it would give us Europa League the year after. 

If we are not in the top 4 you'd be better finishing 8th and avoiding this crap and just trying to go all out domestically and giving the players a proper rest between games. 

It is starting to feel the end of a cycle with this squad to be honest. Hopefully fans back in the stadium helps but they need a shake up and it's starting to look like the front three is done as a unit. None look happy, the press has stopped as a unit and whatever rivalry is going on with Mane and Salah is now affecting the play. That's before Bobby form is even looked at. I reckon one goes in the summer to fund a partial rebuild

We aren't finishing 7th. Spurs and Villa have games in hand and Arsenal will probably go above us as well 

Think I read if teams win their games in hand we drop to ninth?
I see also that Jurgen doesn’t see a mass exodus if we miss out on CL football next season.

That seems to be more hope than fact to me.

Agents will already be discussing moves I’d bet, it’s what they do, and I’d have to agree that there’s something happening behind the scenes which isn’t good and, injuries and form apart, might explain the current demeanour of the players and staff.

A little hypocritical as I’m no longer a regular match goer, but it’s never been more apparent than this past year of the role the fans inside Anfield can play.

I can’t see the team climbing from where it is now to the heights of the previous couple of seasons overnight. A full Anfield at its best for every home game (not just the big ones) can shout the team back towards glory though. At least safely back in the CL positions, assuming we don’t make it this term. Maybe something even better, given luck and a fair wind. 

To beat City the Club needs all its assets performing to the maximum. Anfield is something they will never have and it’s important it generates the kind of advantage we all know it can. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

A little hypocritical as I’m no longer a regular match goer, but it’s never been more apparent than this past year of the role the fans inside Anfield can play.

I can’t see the team climbing from where it is now to the heights of the previous couple of seasons overnight. A full Anfield at its best for every home game (not just the big ones) can shout the team back towards glory though. At least safely back in the CL positions, assuming we don’t make it this term. Maybe something even better, given luck and a fair wind. 

To beat City the Club needs all its assets performing to the maximum. Anfield is something they will never have and it’s important it generates the kind of advantage we all know it can. 

I think that crowds in general,especially Anfield,keep the players honest and on their toes. There is nothing like 40,000 people screaming at you to stop you daydreaming. Its also why a lot of players dont make the grade as they cannot handle that pressure.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I know it's too simplistic but it feels like since that Athletico game a basic blueprint was shown there on how to deal with us and it feels like we face that athletico side nearly every week now. We should adapt our game, even with our injuries we have faced teams with much worse players than us and they handle us with ease. I genuinely think the high line is the biggest cause of our issues and they where there before the VVD injury. You can't play intense football year after year or stay still when everyone else adapts.

What I’d give for a run of games at the quality we produced in that game, we were brilliant that night but for the tale of 2 keepers.

I’m still holding out hope for top 4 and a good European run if the injuries stop being so ridiculous, we start with players in their true positions and are willing to be more flexible tactically to suit this shitty COVID football which should be the case with players coming back. If not in the words of Private James Frazer we’re fucked.

9 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

What I’d give for a run of games at the quality we produced in that game, we were brilliant that night but for the tale of 2 keepers.

I’m still holding out hope for top 4 and a good European run if the injuries stop being so ridiculous, we start with players in their true positions and are willing to be more flexible tactically to suit this shitty COVID football which should be the case with players coming back. If not in the words of Private James Frazer we’re fucked.

I think if we moved our whole game deeper create more space, especially for the likes of Salah Mane and Jota to run into and for the likes of Thiago to play the ball into we would improve our chances. i think it's bullshit opposition will just ball watch sat back on the edge of their box, they will push out and play in the space. We compact the pitch and pass the ball around struggling like fuck to create space on a pitch that we've made harder to play in ourselves. At the minute the only space we've left for players to run into is behind our defence.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

FSG can't say shit about the wages and not getting champions league, we have constantly been told about our incentive based contracts and recent success meaning we've paid out more, Well we won't be paying out fuck all incentives this year.

We will also lose a few high earners in the summer hopefully.

FSG cant criticise Klopp for not getting top 4, they didnt back him with proper money when we won stuff. We just stood still so they can't moan when they wanted to spend as little as possible in 3 years because we were winning stuff. 

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah - League Cup Winners is the spot in it originally.

"England will have one representative in the tournament - the Carabao Cup winner of the previous season.

The team who wins the EFL Cup will qualify for the following year’s Europa Conference League, entering at the play-off phase, the round before the group stages.

But should that team qualify for Europe through their final position in the Premier League – as has been the case every year since 2013 – then the team who finishes sixth in the top-flight will represent England in the play-offs.

However that will drop to seventh if a top six team wins the FA Cup - which has been the case every year since Wigan's shock success in 2013.

It means Tottenham, who are underdogs to beat Manchester City in the Carabao Cup Final, are also a candidate to qualify for the Europa Conference League.

Should Pep Guardiola's men retain the competition then it is highly likely that the seventh placed side will enter the competition."

A very real, very embarrassing possibility.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Yeah - League Cup Winners is the spot in it originally.

"England will have one representative in the tournament - the Carabao Cup winner of the previous season.

The team who wins the EFL Cup will qualify for the following year’s Europa Conference League, entering at the play-off phase, the round before the group stages.

But should that team qualify for Europe through their final position in the Premier League – as has been the case every year since 2013 – then the team who finishes sixth in the top-flight will represent England in the play-offs.

However that will drop to seventh if a top six team wins the FA Cup - which has been the case every year since Wigan's shock success in 2013.

It means Tottenham, who are underdogs to beat Manchester City in the Carabao Cup Final, are also a candidate to qualify for the Europa Conference League.

Should Pep Guardiola's men retain the competition then it is highly likely that the seventh placed side will enter the competition."

A very real, very embarrassing possibility.

The race for 8th

10 hours ago, Juniper said:

Knowing these FSG mingebags having a fit squad for the start of the season will be "like new signings". We've heard it before. We got peanuts in the winter transfer window, for example, when we needed quality defenders to salvage the season.

Judge people by their actions not words and all that.

They didn't go as far as giving us breadcrumbs. Gomez has had his wages paid by the fa/FIFA since he was injured. This funded both the transfer fee and the salary of Davies. Minamino left for Southampton and while his loan fee was smaller than kabak's , his wages were significantly more so that covers that. We maybe would have got a 2nd defender klopp actually wants to pick if they had given us as much as peanuts. 

25 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They didn't go as far as giving us breadcrumbs. Gomez has had his wages paid by the fa/FIFA since he was injured. This funded both the transfer fee and the salary of Davies. Minamino left for Southampton and while his loan fee was smaller than kabak's , his wages were significantly more so that covers that. We maybe would have got a 2nd defender klopp actually wants to pick if they had given us as much as peanuts. 

Someone at FSG has realised  they are paying almost half a million per week in wages to Adrian, Keita, Oxo, Origi, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, as well as paying Van Dijk's £180k per week all year to go the gym. 

They're also paying Neco Williams £25k a week to watch our games and not develop, and christ knows what percentage of wages we're covering for Wilson, Grujic, Karius. 

People seriously thinking Bamford or Ings would do better as our mid-attacker than Firmino... (rolls eyes). Form is temporary, class is permanent. Get our CBs back, the whole team moves further up the pitch, and Firmino's press and interplay will be back to its best.

As for the question posed, Gomez and Vvd back and we will be a completely different team.

We need new referees in the PL to get a fair crack at no 20, but no 7 will be brought home

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, lebron said:

People seriously thinking Bamford or Ings would do better as our mid-attacker than Firmino... (rolls eyes). Form is temporary, class is permanent. Get our CBs back, the whole team moves further up the pitch, and Firmino's press and interplay will be back to its best.

As for the question posed, Gomez and Vvd back and we will be a completely different team.

We need new referees in the PL to get a fair crack at no 20, but no 7 will be brought home

This post confirms that you don’t watch our games.