You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager Comp (Rules)

Bruce Spanner

38 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Well, no, because I’ve got a player who turned 24 in December just gone. 23 and under when the game started was what was said. I wouldn’t have picked the player if these terms were stated. The website I use to narrow down my selections lists the ages at the beginning of the game. 

Yeah, I've got Reguilon who was 24 in December. My understanding was the same as yours - that as long as the were 23 on, say, August 30 2020, they were grand. 

57 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Yeah, I've got Reguilon who was 24 in December. My understanding was the same as yours - that as long as the were 23 on, say, August 30 2020, they were grand. 

Yes that was my idea as well , my Kessie was born in the same week as Ndombele and Reguilon.

So, it looks like the time line is nearly the same as last time.

I'll get all the players into the game over the next day or so. 

I'll send out manager pro forma tomorrow, if you can get those back ASAP I can start to get those up and running.

I'm still working on the Euro situation, but it looks like it'll be bizzaro teams again, these are just mirrors of your teams so it is you, just under different names so as not to short the game. I can set the leagues so the mirror teams should win the league every year, so qualification is guarenteed. Your 'real' team will take priority when it comes to the tounaments, so if your real team gets knocked out in the group stages that's it, but you can still celebrate your mirror team winning, but you won't get points for it in the over arching tournament.

No transfer window before the season starts, first one in Jan, same rules as set out earlier; two trades per team, player numbers is whatever you swap.

Tactical changes can happen anytime, just get in touch, but remember I can only change formations and philosophy.

The way it's looking now will be teams released Friday, first fixtures Saturday lunch....

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I'll send out manager pro forma tomorrow, if you can get those back ASAP I can start to get those up and running.

I'm still working on the Euro situation, but it looks like it'll be bizzaro teams again, these are just mirrors of your teams so it is you, just under different names so as not to short the game. I can set the leagues so the mirror teams should win the league every year, so qualification is guarenteed. Your 'real' team will take priority when it comes to the tounaments, so if your real team gets knocked out in the group stages that's it, but you can still celebrate your mirror team winning, but you won't get points for it in the over arching tournament.

No transfer window before the season starts, first one in Jan, same rules as set out earlier; two trades per team, player numbers is whatever you swap.

Tactical changes can happen anytime, just get in touch, but remember I can only change formations and philosophy.

The way it's looking now will be teams released Friday, first fixtures Saturday lunch....

Can we keep the same manager stats as last time? 

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Is it more of a pain to put everyone in bizzaro world for Europe? Remove any fatigue/form carryover disparity?

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Is it more of a pain to put everyone in bizzaro world for Europe? Remove any fatigue/form carryover disparity?

Sadly not, the game is hard coded to have x amount of teams form each league and if I try and change that it breaks everything and we can't just bin Europe off for the same reason.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Can you not just give the European spots to those who earned them in the initial run?

Or even, just pick the entrants randomly from the 20 players for this first season? Seasons 2 & 3 will then sort themselves.

Nah, more fun with everyone involved.

Fair number of players missing from the spreadsheet by the way. Below are just the goalkeepers who are missing.

I'm going to run through each thread and check the spreadsheet has everybody.

rb wanted to add Kinglsey Coman as a midfielder last night, but he'd been taken in the attackers thread, however was not on the spreadsheet.

Keepers not on the spreadsheet:

Karl_b - Rui Patricio & David Raya
Street Preacher - Igor Akinfeev
rb14 - Yassine Bounou
Alex_K - Bartlomiej Dragowski
aRdja - Pepe Reina

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Sadly not, the game is hard coded to have x amount of teams form each league and if I try and change that it breaks everything and we can't just bin Europe off for the same reason.

No worries then, don't think it had a huge impact last time. Apart from the obvious fact that's I'd have pissed the league otherwise.

Gone through the selection threads and have the following players are missing from the spreadsheet: (Some may have just been added this morning, others not)

Keepers:

Karl_b - Rui Patricio & David Raya
Street Preacher - Igor Akinfeev
rb14 - Yassine Bounou
Alex_K - Bartlomiej Dragowski
aRdja - Pepe Reina

Defenders:

sir roger - Danilo
Bjornebye - Andreas Christensen
Dynamite - Robin Gosens
Scott_M - Thiago Silva
rb14 - Kostas Manolas
TGE - Nathan Ake
Karl_b - Inigo Martinez

Midfielders:

John102 - Luka Modric
Dynamite - Nicolo Zaniolo, Luis Alberto & Jorginho
Lee909 - Dani Ceballos
Stronts - Mikel Merino

Also, Emre Can is currently down as a pick for The Golden Eel, but was picked by Street Preacher, so will need to be moved.

Attackers:

aRdja - Kingsley Coman
sir roger - Ciro Immobile
Bjornebye - Tammy Abraham
No2 - Gareth Bale
Scott_M - Pedro Neto
The Golden Eel - Wissam Ben-Yedder

1 hour ago, Dynamite said:

Can you not just give the European spots to those who earned them in the initial run?

Or even, just pick the entrants randomly from the 20 players for this first season? Seasons 2 & 3 will then sort themselves.

I had the same thought, if we're playing for three seasons then play it as "real". Effectively just replace the 20 PL teams with our 20 teams, with European qualification, relegation, cup runs, etc.