You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager Comp (Rules)

Bruce Spanner

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

26/06/98

it's the date of squad registaration.

I'm assuming the registration date is 26/06/2020?

Doesnt that mean anyone who is 23 on this date is eligible i.e even if you are 23 years and 364 days? 

If so, your date is a couple of years off I think. 

If they have to be under 23 at the point of registration then we will have to go back and change players, as there are some that are listed as u23 that won't be. 

8 minutes ago, John102 said:

I'm assuming the registration date is 26/06/2020?

Doesnt that mean anyone who is 23 on this date is eligible i.e even if you are 23 years and 364 days? 

If so, your date is a couple of years off I think. 

Yes, the date is 2020 as we’re going back to the start of the season. 

So if you’re 22 and 364 on 26/06/1987 you qualify as U23. Sorry didn’t go back a year.

Rog is right.

Its been a long day, sorry! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Yes, the date it’s 2020 as we’re going back to the start of the season. 

So if you’re 22 and 364 on 26/06/1987 you qualify as U23. Sorry didn’t go back a year.

Rog is right.

Its been a long day! 

Not sure if you want to tag everyone and let them know. I think people have gone down the route of if they are 23 now, they count. People like Gabriel Jesus and Tielemans have been picked as u23 players who will now not count. They are just 2 off top of my head. 

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Not sure if you want to tag everyone and let them know. I think people have gone down the route of if they are 23 now, they count. People like Gabriel Jesus and Tielemans have been picked as u23 players who will now not count. They are just 2 off top of my head. 

They’re both within the dates.

GJ 03/04/1997

YT 07/05/1997

So they both qualify.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They’re both within the dates.

GJ 03/04/1997

YT 07/05/1997

So they both qualify.

You said they need to be under 23 on the registration date (26/06/2020) unless I misunderstood? 

GJ would be 23 and 2 months. 

YT would be 23 and 1 month. 

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

You said they need to be under 23 on the registration date (26/06/2020) unless I misunderstood? 

Might have to make it no older than 23 on 26/06/2020 or there are loads caught up in it.

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

You said they need to be under 23 on the 26/06/2020 unless I misunderstood? 

Fuck, you’re right, it’s been a long fucking day.

It’s not a massive issue either way is it, and most people have stacked the team with youth anyway and picked these early.

If anyone has an issue they can raise it, I’m not particularly arsed.

Dynamite, we’ll go official next time, I didn’t bother looking at the fine print.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fuck, you’re right, it’s been a long fucking day.

It’s not a massive issue either way is it, and most people have stacked the team with youth anyway and picked these early.

If anyone has an issue they can raise it, I’m not particularly arsed.

Dynamite, we’ll go official next time, I didn’t bother looking at the fine print.

No bother. Anyone born in 1997 is regarded U23 in game, so that's good enough for me anyway.

Right, so Maxi Gomez is too old. Someone putting U23 next to Tielemans had me thinking that as long as they were 23 at season start they were okay, but he turns 24 right at the start of the season (96 birth).

So, I'm good for everything except in attack. Sound.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You might be the one who keeps their own counsel and accepts the 1997 birth year, just sayin'...

Well, no, because I’ve got a player who turned 24 in December just gone. 23 and under when the game started was what was said. I wouldn’t have picked the player if these terms were stated. The website I use to narrow down my selections lists the ages at the beginning of the game. 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Well, no, because I’ve got a player who turned 24 in December just gone. 23 and under when the game started was what was said. I wouldn’t have picked the player if these terms were stated. The website I use to narrow down my selections lists the ages at the beginning of the game. 

Yeah, we're going back to the start of this season, so that still counts, no?

Who you talking about?